Biotest

V-Diet - Bring It On!

So today is the first day of my V-Diet. I am super excited to see where this diet will take me and I have never been more motivated than I am now! Its a great feeling!!!

So a little about me - Im 31 and been trying to shed the extra 15 pounds of flabber for quite some time now. Its been a struggle and my will power do to so hasnt been there for many reasons that i wont bore u with - the important thing to me is that im ready now so lets focus on the positive right!!!

So since today is a holiday here in Denmark (im danish ;-P) I let myself sleep in a little. So woke up at 9ish took my HOT-ROX, waited for 20 mins and then took the dog with me on my first NEPA-walk. Walked for 35 min with a really good pace. When i got home i had a big glass of water and started mixing my shake and other supplements. I find that mixing the superfood with the leucine is a good mix and then having the shake by itself - its what is best for me. The shake is really filling so its going to be interesting for me to see how im gonna do hunger wise.

Later today i will do my first work out and then go on a second NEPA walk tonight. Once the holiday ends (tom) its back to work and being on work is a NEPA walk in itself since i work with ADHD/autistic children. But i will definately get 2 walks in a day besides working.

I will put up my measurements tonight. I have a motivation chalk board in my kitchen - well for me its motivation - and i will post that pic.

I look forward to hearing about other peoples journey in here and also looking very much forward to feedback/advice of any kind as i move on with this diet.

Anna

So its the night of my first day on the v-diet. Its been an interesting one - lots of fluids in my body leads to lots of bathroom visits so im fairly happy that i had today off. Im hoping this will get better as i get use to it so i dont have to run to the toilet at work all the time :-)Been feeling full all day.

I havent had any problems with the shakes and i wont - its just how u choose to look at it - its 28 days - lets not bitch about it - lets enjoy it!

I did my first workout and it was great! LOVE the weights - boy have i missed em…

I am going on my second NEPA walk tonight - doing 5k - so that should be good.

Measurements day 1:
Height - 170 cm
Weight - 67 kg
Shoulder - 104,5 cm
Chest upper - 93 cm
Chest lower - 89,5 cm
Waist navel - 91,5 cm
Waist largest - 93 cm
Hips largest - 99,5 cm
Upper arm R - 29 cm
Upper arm L - 29 cm
Upper leg R - 59 cm
Upper leg L - 57,5

Welcome to the V-Team. Much success to you!

[quote]Jason Stoner wrote:
Welcome to the V-Team. Much success to you![/quote]

Thanks Jason!!!

I know what you mean regarding the fluids. I dropped a lot of water weight my first week on the V-DIET. How is it coming along so far?

[quote]ethanwest wrote:
I know what you mean regarding the fluids. I dropped a lot of water weight my first week on the V-DIET. How is it coming along so far?[/quote]

Yeah the fluids omg - if i had to pay for everytime i have to pee i would be poor…:wink: today has been better though…my body is adjusting so that is good! Im only on my second day but my spirit is high and im gettin my NEPA walks in morning, afternoon(this is more like a stroll cause my dog has to have time to sniff and do her thing) and night.

I walk about 4k in the morning, 3k in the afternoon and then 5k at night - so thats very satifying to me. Still feel well and full from the shakes - i have chosen to get my peanutbutter with my dinner shake - im thinkin that would be ok…

Wow, lots of walking. I am envious. I have 3 young children (2 of which have just started summer vacation, so very little focus) and a great dane to accompany me on all of my walks. I am lucky (weather permitting) to get in one walk per day. I need to start using my treadmill more often. Good luck on the diet, and great job getting in so much walking.

[quote]a_eskholm wrote:
i have chosen to get my peanutbutter with my dinner shake - im thinkin that would be ok…[/quote]

I can’t speak on behalf of the V-DIET’s design. However, I believe there is a purpose for taking the peanut butter with the bedtime snack. When proteins bond with fats (such as peanut butter), it slows down digestion. This allows the protein in the bedtime shake to digest slowly and provide a steady stream during your sleep to prevent muscle breakdown and encourage the breakdown of existing fats for energy.

I would recommend having the peanut butter at night. As far as total calories per day are concerned, it doesn’t matter too much when you eat it, but I think that’s the reason it’s supposed to be taken at night. When you are on a calorie restricted diet, trying to reduce body fat, you have to hold on to as much muscle as possible.

Going 8 hours without protein on a calorie restricted diet could potentially lead to muscle loss (granted, probably not much, but still…) which would reduce overall weight, but not fat.

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

[quote]a_eskholm wrote:
i have chosen to get my peanutbutter with my dinner shake - im thinkin that would be ok…[/quote]

I can’t speak on behalf of the V-DIET’s design. However, I believe there is a purpose for taking the peanut butter with the bedtime snack. When proteins bond with fats (such as peanut butter), it slows down digestion. This allows the protein in the bedtime shake to digest slowly and provide a steady stream during your sleep to prevent muscle breakdown and encourage the breakdown of existing fats for energy.

I would recommend having the peanut butter at night. As far as total calories per day are concerned, it doesn’t matter too much when you eat it, but I think that’s the reason it’s supposed to be taken at night. When you are on a calorie restricted diet, trying to reduce body fat, you have to hold on to as much muscle as possible.

Going 8 hours without protein on a calorie restricted diet could potentially lead to muscle loss (granted, probably not much, but still…) which would reduce overall weight, but not fat.[/quote]
OK…i will do that then…thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated!

So day 3 is almost over - sitting in my couch sippin on my last shake - mmmm the one with peanut butter - yum! Today was good - wednesdays at work are tough cause its meeting day so there is always some kinda temptation - bread cake etc…but i passed on it all so that gives me an extra kick…walked the dog when i got home from work, had “dinner ;-)” then went and lifted. Got home had my surge, chilled for 30 min then went on my evening walk for 5k. So that leaves me back to my couch and my bedtime shake. Another succesful day on the diet!

So does anyone feel this way - its like day 3 was gettin over the hump day - like really breakin through on the diet…well it was for me for some reason. To me its gettin easier as we go along - or atleast thats how i feel at the moment. Had my NEPA walk this afternoon - walked home from work - 7.5k took me an hour so that was good. Tomorrow i will walk in the morning before work - then go to the gym and hit the weights and then a night walk too. Im looking forward to havin a good steak and veggies saturday. Went to the german border to shop for cheap soda and chocolate and stuff with my bro today. It was tempting to open and have a piece but my mindset it sooo focused and determined to do this so again a huge victory for my “selfboost”.
Enjoyin the nighttime shake with the peanut butter alot - and as we speak. Good night and keep up the good work out there!!!

Yeah, day 3 was a total milestone when it came to food. I can not look twice at everything that I come across, except chips. I have even kicked my cheese addiction. I have a difficult time with chips, because they are always around for the kids’ lunches. Well, I will no longer be buying them once this bag is gone.

Day 3 has been long…

Day 5 is over and done with…been a long day at work and lots of temptation to pass on. Went grocery shopping for my HSM tomorrow and of course they had to have 3 bbq´s going outside the shopping center with free sausages…these sausages are the best kind ever so it was with a lil tear in my eye that i had to tell them no thanks. I love how my mindset is - telling myself to do the right thing - again its a huge boost cause to me its all in or all out with this diet -

and honestly im not missin all the lousy carbs and fats this sausage would have given me - no im sittin on my couch with a big smile on my face, peanut butter shake in my hand and with the mindset that nothin can stop me from doing this diet and havin success with it!!

So as I said tomorrow is my HSM day and not im gonna lie - im really looking forward to it. Bought a lovely steak, brocoli and bell peppers so mmmmmmm its gonna be yummy!!!

Bedtime here - btw i sleep better now than i have in a long time!!!
Hope everyone is going strong out there!!!

First saturday of V-Diet and its been my HSM day. Went for a walk this morning and somehow tripped in some wire and fell flat on the asphalt and banged my knee really bad so that really sucks!!!
So i wont be going on my usual 5k walk tonight but im hoping with lots of ice and rest that its ready for my v-challenge tomorrow! My dinner was great - really enjoyed cooking it and took my time and fully enjoyed every bite!!! Got full and satisfied!

Day 8 - going really well actually…my knee is way better so been on 2 walks today - did garden work for 2 hours - gym - and 5k at night…still feelin good about the shakes…i love weekdays - for me weekends are the hardest but then maybe its because it poored all day yesterday and old habits have me wanting to snuggle up with junk and a movie - but i didnt - i pulled through so im really proud of that!
Hope everyone is going strong out there!!

Hey there! It is awesome to read how well you are doing! It makes me more confident that I can stick to it as well. I agree with you about the weekends, but I think if I just remember the outcome after the 28 days, I will be able to do it! I just started today so hopefully reading about everyone elses successes will help all of us make it the 28 days. Have you noticed lost inches and weight the first week?

Another good day on the diet - walked 3k this morning - went to work - did yard work for 3 hours - went on 3k walk at night - still no problem what so ever feeling full and im enjoying the shakes still!!
Im hopping on the scale tomorrow and getting meassurements too…

So good to hear that people are doing well in here!!!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.