Biotest

V-Diet Beginner Questions

Hello. I am looking closely into this program as it was suggested by my trainer.

A couple of questions:

I like MetroMint water. It does not have calories, sweeteners, carbs or preservatives. I think they use extract. Is it fine? I do not like soda or coffee so it really only would be water.

How much weight can I reasonably expect to lose per week assuming complete adherence to the program? (I am 5 feet and a huge 180 pounds).

The meal that is listed as being on a workout day…does that mean that workout days have 6 and non-workout 5 meals per day?

It is acceptable to occassionally have 1 fewer meal. (Sometimes I like to go to bed early.)

Is only have 1 solid healthy meal per week a problem for digestion and such? In other words, are there health concerns that should be considered?

Thanks! Sorry for so many questions.

Jessica

[quote]MightyMax wrote:
Hello. I am looking closely into this program as it was suggested by my trainer.

A couple of questions:

I like MetroMint water. It does not have calories, sweeteners, carbs or preservatives. I think they use extract. Is it fine? I do not like soda or coffee so it really only would be water.

How much weight can I reasonably expect to lose per week assuming complete adherence to the program? (I am 5 feet and a huge 180 pounds).

The meal that is listed as being on a workout day…does that mean that workout days have 6 and non-workout 5 meals per day?

It is acceptable to occassionally have 1 fewer meal. (Sometimes I like to go to bed early)

Is only have 1 solid healthy meal per week a problem for digestion and such? In other words, are there health concerns that should be considered?

Thanks! sorry for so many questions

Jessica[/quote]

1. Metromint is fine. BTW, you can make your own with one or two drops of peppermint extract. Saves you a ton of $. Same thing.

2. Everyone is different. Too many factors involved to make a guess. Most people lose anywhere from 10 to 25 however.

1. Weight training days have Surge Recovery added after lifting. That’s the only difference. It’s not filling though (not supposed to be).
  1. Try not to skip shakes. Too low calories = metabolism slow down. But, if you must, have a half shake if you go to bed early instead of a full.

2. No problem at all, if you follow the diet correctly.

Hi Jessica. Would probably be a good idea to copy all these questions into the “Ask Chris” thread at the top of this forum, to get it straight from the creator’s mouth.

There’s not a real sure way to tell how much weight you can expect to lose. Everybody is different. Just that you will lose fat. Quickly. And besides, part of the deal here is to build muscle and muscle weighs twice as much as fat so the scale weight isnt really a focus on this diet.

The meal on workout day is the Surge Recovery and that does not replace other shakes. Although it is sort of like a shake, it’s not really a “meal” like the other shakes; it’s post work out nutrition.

1 fewer meal is a Chris question but the diet calculates how many calories you’ll need every day to do this healthily. It’s probably not recommended to skip a meal because in general the calories are less than you normally take in anyway (for most people). Time out your shakes so that if you want to go to bed early you can. Just need to have them approximately 3 hours apart.

If one healthy meal a week was a problem for your health, Chris would not have worked up this diet and suggested it to the hundreds (probably many more than hundreds) who have done it. In reality, you are getting 5 healthy meals a day. All the shakes are packed with all the nutrients your body needs (and in a lot of cases more nutrients than you already give it eating normally).

As you can see by the many threads going for those who have finished and just recently started the diet, the first week is an adjustment period. You may or may not feel very good until your body gets used to a different way of feeding itself, but that does not mean it is unhealthy.

Just ask the MANY people who have finished how great they feel and how their whole outlook on food has changed for the better and they are now finally able to maintain a healthy weight.

Good luck if you start! Lots of people here to count on for support. But again, I’d stick these questions in the Ask Chris thread before anything else.

Lisa

And look at that! Im late, Chris is fast.

Thank you for your thoughtful responses.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.