Biotest

V-Diet Bangkok Edition

first off excuse my bad English, i am an Norwegian living in Thailand!

Finally found flax seed, nut butter and got the rest shipped from Biotest here.
background: after not working out for around 5years mostly sitting behind the computer and being lazy. i started working out about a year and some months ago, doing Chads full body program(after some beginner months screwing around with machines only before learning squats dls etc).

used to be around 198lbs and super weak, lost 25lbs in around 3months of just hitting the gym 3times a weak and got alot stronger aswell. weighed around 175 the last 6months losing fat slowly and gaining some muscle (haven’t been eating good enough)

so decided to try this program to lose those extra few pounds, before slowly start to bulk properly( in around 2 months i hope to start doing that if this is successful :wink:

hight: 5 10
weight day1: 169

anyways enough rambling i am already on day3, forum wasn’t working the other day and Ive been kinda busy, but heres some thoughts after the first few days.

may5. day1: got a bit demotivated by not liking the shakes very much but they all went down without problem(and they keep tasting better each day), the workout was a lot harder than i thought it would be cause of the 30sek rest periods which Ive rarely been doing and def not through a whole session. the hunger wasn’t as bad as i thought it would be.

day2: woke up starving! hope it doesn’t get much worse than this, whole day i was pretty hungry but it went ok, didn’t get very tempted, except when gf started cooking thai food.

found out you have to make sure the lid is properly on when u grind flax seed in the mixer, got the stuff all over the kitchen, whoops!

day3: 2nd workout went a lot better, not felt the starving feeling just a bit hungry now and then but nothing big.
not been too tempted to eat even though the 5minute walk from my gym to the apt has about 20 different street bbqs 2-3 open air restaurants and all kinds of food smells, this is bangkok after all! not the easiest walk home :slight_smile:

i will try to do better and more frequent logs from now on and i will get some pictures and measures up soon.

iam sure these questions have been asked before but ill ask them anyways!

from people that have done it or deeper in the diet is the hunger feeling worst the first few days? i sure hope so!

i usually play soccer for an hour once a week, very social not super intensive but its in 85-95f heat and can be tiring. should i keep doing it and drink some Surge after, or play but try to not get to tired and not do nepa walk that day and no extra shake?

or just drop it all together which dosnt leave me many social activities left for the month, unless i decide to go out and not drink, or go out for dinner and not eat which is not very tempting right now.

Ah, Bangkok. I miss that crazy city.

First, read my writings about hunger vs. habit/cravings. They are very different things.

What you may think of as “hunger” in the first few days is actually your body and mind rebelling against the change in habits. You are very well fed and nourished, 5-6 times per day in fact, so your belly is never truly empty i.e. hungry.

Sounds like you’re adjusting already though. Remember, this is dietary rehab. And bad habits have to broken with force. This is what you’re doing in the first week of the V-Diet.

Ideally, skip the soccer game. If you do play it, skip the extra NEPA that day, but don’t add Surge or anything else. Also, if you play it, do it on your HSM day so you’ll put that solid food to work a little. But, I’d rather you skip the soccer for 28 days.

thanks!
ill prolly just skip it then, or just walk around on the pitch hehe

stupid question but is the stuff from the V-Diet menu calculator for the 28 days only or including the transition weeks?

so finnaly heres the pictures and messures:

Height 5 10
Weight 170
Neck 14,5
Shoulders 45
Chest - Upper 38
Chest - Lower 32,5
Waist - at Navel 34-35
Waist - at largest 35
Hips - at largest 37
Upper Arm - L 10,5
Upper Arm - R 11
Upper Leg - L 22
Upper Leg - R 22,5
Lower Leg - L 14,2
Lower Leg - R 14,2
Ankle - L 9
Ankle - R 9

Day4: woke up feeling pretty bad, dont think i slept very well but prolly not couse of the diet since iam feeling fine now.
hunger feeling is getting more and more normal, but still a long way to go!

gonna try find a picture from a little over a year or ago for even more motivation.

day5
woke up with a sore throat, hopefully nothing serious.

shakes are getting slower to get down not felt very hungry so far, but the workout was killer i almost threw up when i walked in the door hope the surge helps.

fantasizing about the HSM ill will def go to one of the better steak houses here.

not sure if i should do vburn tomorrow or day7 any tips? rest day before or after?

[quote]asimov wrote:
day5
woke up with a sore throat, hopefully nothing serious.

shakes are getting slower to get down not felt very hungry so far, but the workout was killer i almost threw up when i walked in the door hope the Surge helps.

fantasizing about the HSM ill will def go to one of the better steak houses here.

not sure if i should do vburn tomorrow or day7 any tips? rest day before or after?[/quote]

Hi there - so I am on Day 7 today. And it’s my HSM day as well…wahoo!!! On the sore throat. - the past three mornings I’ve had a sore throat in the morning. I think it’s dehydration and just need to drink more water. The shakes make me extremely thirsty.

I am "scheduled to vburn today, but had to do Workouts 2 and 3 on back-to-back days. I’m going to push mine until tomorrow and rest today. The vburn is more met con and the next workout is more strength, so I’ll do those back-to-back. just my 2 cents.

howdy! good luck with the vburn, i think ill see how i feel tomorrow, if fine ill just do vburn then(day6) and get that rest day before workout4

dehydration hm yea that could be it, thought i would get enough fluids in me with shakes and water when thirsty, but ill try drink some more.

day 5 and still going,
had to turn down 3different people asking to go out to eat with them. this is the worst part about the diet for me, since i eat out for most meal and often with friends, i dont really feel like going to watch them eat, just yet.

i just dont wanna be around so much good food

Day 6:
HSM day wohoo, went to a finer steak house and got a 250g perfectly cooked us prime tenderloin(thai beef is no good) with asspargus and Parmesan cheese(tried not to eat the parmesan since iam unsure about its calories and fats, someone fill me in here?), and a big green salad with olive oil+lemonjuice. oh and i ate that small wholewheat bread!

tasted heavnly, and it took me close to an hour to finish it all. and they gave me a voucher worth 80% of the bill for the next time i come(100usd), guess business is bad.

better pic

day8: iam gonna wait for week 2 to do all the measures but weighed in at around 73.5kg, down from 76.5kg.