Biotest

V-Diet at 6'10, 330lbs?

I plugged in the numbers to the on-line V-Diet page. I was told that the V-Diet isn’t recommended for me. I’m 330lbs but at 6’10" and a former pro-basketball player I guess I would think I’m still within the range. Maybe not. In need of suggestions/clarification.

[quote]jlovette wrote:
I plugged in the numbers to the on-line v-diet page. I was told that the v-diet isn’t recommended for me. I’m 330lbs but at 6’10" and a former pro-basketball player I guess I would think i’m still within the range. Maybe not. In need of suggestions/clarification. [/quote]

You’re correct; you are indeed a “statistical outlier” at 6’10".

What’s your waist size? Any idea of body fat percentage? Feel free to post a recent photo and maybe that’ll give us some guidelines.

On it…

Here are some recent photos and sort of recent photos. I really have fallen off the last six month. Friken sad.

Didn’t have a tape measure handy, no way to measure bodyfat, i took these photos in a hurry today.

Just in case this side doesn’t look exactly identical to the other …

There is hope…preseason game in Mexico last year.

Thanks for biting the bullet and posting those pics. That alone tells me you’re serious about this.

Okay, now, you’re certainly not “obese” though you could lose some fat easily. That waist level fat is particularly scary because it came on quickly. Let’s get rid of it before it does too much damage to your health.

I NEVER recommend this, but since you’re an outlier (i.e. ridiculously tall pro athlete), go ahead and put 265 into the V-Diet calculator here:

http://www.t-nation.com/programs/vdiet30/vDietProgram004.jsp

Do the diet as it’s written and keep me posted. Let’s stick with it “to a T” at first, but keep open the option to slightly modify as we see fit after week 1.

Cool?

I am resurrecting this this because I am finally buying in. Enough is enough. I will follow to a “T” and then keep the updates running. I am 5 pounds heavier now, but I’ll post new starting photo’s when I start. I can’t believe a frikin year has already gone. Jeez. Here we go!