Biotest

V-Diet and Training for MMA/Boxing?

Hi guys can one do this diet or nutrtion program whilst training in MMA and boxing, as dont really want to lose skills whilst im doing this diet for several months.

I am also a Kickboxing and BJJ guy and I’m starting on this on Saturday. I have a back injury that is not going away so I’m going to lay off training hard for the entire month. I plan on stilling attending practice but just to help train guys, I will not be doing any hard work due to my back.

Maybe you could just take it easy (easier said than done) for the month? I don’t know about you but I haven’t lifted weights for awhile and I know if I do both, training and weight lifting, I will lose the very muscle I am trying to gain.

Do you have a fight coming up? This would not be the time to do the V-diet. Good luck.

[quote]bluemonkey wrote:
Hi guys can one do this diet or nutrtion program whilst training in MMA and boxing, as dont really want to lose skills whilst im doing this diet for several months.[/quote]

I’m a karate guy so I thought the same thing. I did go to a few classes in the first two weeks and felt OK though I was a bit gased afterwards. I did then stop completely for two weeks to focus on the diet. I still had really good results (13 pounds and lots of inches, 4 inches off my waist alone - see Amy and Steve’s log, final pics posted tonight). I think the worry is that you run the risk of wearing yourself down and not having enough juice for the workouts. I would probably recommend scaling back your frequency at the very least. It is only for four weeks before you hit the transition phase.

Yes, agreed, you may get worn down. I also did karate classes for first two weeks and volleyball too. My biggest problem was the hunger factor after the sports and the day after too.

More exercise meant more hunger and the lower calorie days were killer. If you continue to train, be prepared because your desire to eat will increase 10-fold and it’s really hard to handle.

I suspect they don’t want people doing extra exercise because it leads to cheating and hence failure of the diet. All depends on how disciplined you are.