Biotest

V-Diet and Pulse Feast

Hey Chris! So, I’m currently on my 3rd V-Diet ever, day 13 and I’m down almost 9 lbs. Definitely way easier this time around as I’ve never completed the full 28 days in the past due to skipping shakes, using the wrong supps, etc. Got a couple questions though. First, something kind of curious, I noticed how at first, bowel movements were completely liquid, and then solidified but were very small, as was to be expected. However, the last 3 or 4 days, they have gotten pretty big, to the point that I’m wondering if I should cut back on the protein a little. I mean, my measurements are going down and I am following the diet exactly, other than not taking Superfood, which I am starting Monday. Its more of a weird thing I’ve been experiencing and I want to lose fat as fast as possible so thought I’d ask.

Second of all, I’ve made it my mission to be very lean by summer so I’m trying out new things since as a FFB, I’ve never made it to the “promised land”. I’m very intrigued by pulse feast. If I were to do a Pulse Feast after the v-diet, how would I go about it? Two week transition and then right into it, or what?

Finally, would there be any benefit to pulse fasting twice a week while on the pulse feast, or just negatives? And I know I read to do the fasted morning cardio with pulse feast to take one scoop MAG-10 with the cardio, then a 2 scoop shake later, but how long in between the two? I know a lot of this is experimental but I love to be the guinea pig so I wanted to find out the method with the best chance before trying. Sorry for all the questions, I’m just looking to take my physique to the next level and all this info on here is intriguing. Thanks for everything!

[quote]GeneticSynergy9 wrote:
Hey Chris! So, I’m currently on my 3rd V-Diet ever, day 13 and I’m down almost 9 lbs. Definitely way easier this time around as I’ve never completed the full 28 days in the past due to skipping shakes, using the wrong supps, etc. Got a couple questions though. First, something kind of curious, I noticed how at first, bowel movements were completely liquid, and then solidified but were very small, as was to be expected. However, the last 3 or 4 days, they have gotten pretty big, to the point that I’m wondering if I should cut back on the protein a little. I mean, my measurements are going down and I am following the diet exactly, other than not taking Superfood, which I am starting Monday. Its more of a weird thing I’ve been experiencing and I want to lose fat as fast as possible so thought I’d ask.

Second of all, I’ve made it my mission to be very lean by summer so I’m trying out new things since as a FFB, I’ve never made it to the “promised land”. I’m very intrigued by pulse feast. If I were to do a Pulse Feast after the v-diet, how would I go about it? Two week transition and then right into it, or what?

Finally, would there be any benefit to pulse fasting twice a week while on the pulse feast, or just negatives? And I know I read to do the fasted morning cardio with pulse feast to take one scoop MAG-10 with the cardio, then a 2 scoop shake later, but how long in between the two? I know a lot of this is experimental but I love to be the guinea pig so I wanted to find out the method with the best chance before trying. Sorry for all the questions, I’m just looking to take my physique to the next level and all this info on here is intriguing. Thanks for everything![/quote]

1. Here’s one thing I’ve learned about bowel movements: You can’t judge much by them. Seriously, sometimes going from junk food to clean eating messes with the bowels. Rarely, a V-Dieter will get some mild diarrhea at first, but then again some get a little constipated. There’s no clear pattern. So, just keep doing what you’re doing. If anything, adjust the flax seed, not the protein. That’s usually the culprit.

2. Yes, you could do the Transition then go straight to a Pulse Feast.

3. One thing that V-Dieting and Pulse Fasting teaches you is to play it by ear. You’ll know what your body needs and when after a few fasts. So, sure, a full Pulse Fast along with Pulse Feasting could work fine. But remember, even Thibaudeau, who spawned the Pulse Feasting idea, has days where he may eat two meals. He plays it by ear. You’ll be able to do that easily after some fasting experience. Body awareness greatly increase. It’s pretty cool.

Keep us posted!

Awesome, thanks for the tips. In reality, I just want to make sure I am doing the diet that will best strip fat off, as long as my training is intense enough. Doing fasted morning cardio, pulse feast with pulse fasts, and working out 4-5 times a week is my current plan for post v-diet. I’m just trying to figure out the best way to incorporate everything since I don’t want to have no energy or lose muscle mass. But fi you think it can be done pretty much as written, as long as I listen to my body, I will guinea pig myself and post results.

One other quick question, which I’m guessing you’re also going to say listen to your body, but if doing the pulse feast for losing fat, it says to have one meal for the feast. I’m obviously planning on eating clean foods, although a lot of them, but my question is what about before bed? Can I have a protein shake or would that be too much? Or am I just overthinking everything again? Haha I do tend to do that so apologies if that’s the case. Thanks again!

P.S. I know you’ve said many times you don’t use milk, just almond milk. I’m curious as to your reasoning as after a cursory search, I can’t find anything. I know old school guys drank whole milk for gaining and I personally love milk and drink nearly a half gallon a day when not dieting, so just wondering as to your reasoning and/or if I should look to cut it. Thanks Chris!

One other quick question, which I’m guessing you’re also going to say listen to your body, but if doing the pulse feast for losing fat, it says to have one meal for the feast. I’m obviously planning on eating clean foods, although a lot of them, but my question is what about before bed? Can I have a protein shake or would that be too much? Or am I just overthinking everything again? Haha I do tend to do that so apologies if that’s the case. Thanks again![/quote]

If you Pulse Feast in the evening, then you shouldn’t want a shake before bed (you’ll be plenty full). And if you’ve chosen the right foods, you shouldn’t need it either.

P.S. I know you’ve said many times you don’t use milk, just almond milk. I’m curious as to your reasoning as after a cursory search, I can’t find anything. I know old school guys drank whole milk for gaining and I personally love milk and drink nearly a half gallon a day when not dieting, so just wondering as to your reasoning and/or if I should look to cut it. Thanks Chris![/quote]

I think I explain that here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/food_nazi_nuts_to_you

If you struggle with body fat, milk is not for you.