Biotest

V-Diet and Hormone Levels?

So I’m currently planning on doing the diet in February (seems like a perfect month to start as it starts on a Monday), and I am curious about what kind of effects the diet will have on my hormone levels. I might try taking a test before and after to see what its like, but I was curious if anybody here has beaten me to it?

Another thing, I know the exercises during the diet shouldn’t be too intense, as you are on a very restricted diet (calorie wise), but how about sprint intervals? They are intense, but short and seem to have wonderful effects on your GH production (back to Hormones again, I know). Any response would be much appreciated.

[quote]zeppelin6601 wrote:
So I’m currently planning on doing the diet in February (seems like a perfect month to start as it starts on a Monday), and I am curious about what kind of effects the diet will have on my hormone levels. I might try taking a test before and after to see what its like, but I was curious if anybody here has beaten me to it?

Another thing, I know the exercises during the diet shouldn’t be too intense, as you are on a very restricted diet (calorie wise), but how about sprint intervals? They are intense, but short and seem to have wonderful effects on your GH production (back to Hormones again, I know). Any response would be much appreciated.[/quote]

1. I’ve never heard of a decrease in T or anything like that. If anything, I’d expect a boost given the inclusion of healthy fats. It’s high carb, fat free diets that cause negative hormone changes.

2. No. The most effective workout plan is laid out for you. Sprints will not lead to faster fat loss, only risk of overtraining and muscle loss. And GH is overrated. Even those who inject copious amounts only see minor benefits. To focus your training and attention around the “drop in the bucket” effects of manipulating natural GH levels is a waste of time for the most part.

I figured that the high protein might actually promote T. I usually don’t eat a gram of it per bodyweight, but when I have eaten excess amounts, I’ve noticed a positive effect. I’ve been reading a lot from Mike Mahler about hormone optimization, and I find it fascinating.

I also thought sprints would be interesting to add in as it does create fat loss, but I thought the boost in GH would help preserve muscle. Although you’re already losing plenty of fat just from the calorie restriction, so I guess you’re right. Interesting what you say about GH though. Admittedly I know very little about it all, and what I do know I get from watching too much espn, lol.