Biotest

V-Diet and Healthy Lifestyle

Day 1

Im a little tired tonight so I will make this breif.

I started the V-Diet today. My BF is a huge fan of Biotest sups, so we have most of what I need for the diet already in the house. I decided I would do a V-Diet “light” version. 2-3 shake meals and then 2-3 HSM.

Height: 5’4
Weight 120.2lbs as of this morning
BF%: 20.5
Naval: 68.5cm
Waist (largest): 79.0cm
Hips (largest): 94.0cm
L calf: 34.5cm
R calf: 34.6cm
R thigh: 54.6cm
L thigh: 54.3cm

I hope to get pics up soon.

Todays food:
Meal 1: As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
Meal 2:As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
Meal 3:As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
Meal 4: Raw skim milk cheese, small salmon fillet, asparagus, 1 tbls almond butter
Meal 5: Extra lean ground beef, broccoli

Activity:
30 minutes light arch trainer

Short term goals:
1)2-3 shakes and 2-3 HSM everyday for this week
2)No boredom or stress eating in between meals (Find something other than eating to do!)
3)Be active everyday from now until next sunday

I’m looking forward to following your progress. It looks like you are already pretty lean, so you should get great results! It is nice to post on here to hold yourself accountable. Have a great day :slight_smile:

Thanks jjohn for letting me know you are following! I cant tell you how much of a difference it makes knowing that someone is following you along :slight_smile:

Day 2

So today has been pretty good. I was able to fight off some boredom eating with tea and T-Nation surfing!

Meals thus far:

Meal 1: As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
Meal 2: As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
Meal 3: Raw skim milk cheese, broad beans, cucumber, vinegar and oil dressing
Meal 4: Raw skim milk cheese (I need to cook up some more meat!), Butternut squash and 1 tbls coconut oil (aka butternut squash fries-Thanks Chris for providing the amazing recipes :P)
Meal 5: Small bit of lean steak

I still have a postwork out shake (and a workout) to go. It is nearing my regular bedtime, so I am not sure if I should get a workout in or just go to sleep.

Activity:

I walk to work and this morning I decided to take the long way. I ended up adding an extra 20 minutes of walking into my day (10 minutes each way). Taking the long way also means I get to walk by the community garden which has a compost. So not only did I add a few extra minutes of walking, but I also go to recycle my food scraps!

Progress:

Just one day and I already feel leaner! I think all the water I was storing from the excess amounts of carbs is coming off.

Forgot I wanted to add one more thing:

I sometimes add tea to my protein shakes, sometimes for the health benifits, sometimes for taste (sometimes for both!).

I made this yesterday and it was delishish:

Gingerbread shake:

1-2 scoops vanilla protein
2 bags of gingerbread tea or any cinnamon/clove tea (I used Bangal Spice this time)
1-2 cups boiling water

Directions:

Boil water. Place both tea bags in same (large) mug. Pour boiling water over tea bags.Pour tea into shaker cup. Add protein powder. Shake and enjoy.

I have had this warm, it sort of reminds me of those gingerbread steamed milks, but I like it better cold.

For cold shake:
-prepare tea ahead of time
-cool to desired temp (I leave mine in the fridge over night)
-blend with ice (optional)

I have thought about adding sugar free gingerbread syrup. Im sure it would be even better :slight_smile:

Day 3

Yesterday I skiped the training and just went to bed. I think it was better, I felt really good today. I think I may have been on the brink of getting a cold. My BF is sick and I really dont want to catch it

Today’s Meals:
Meal 1) 1 whole egg, 4 whites, 2 tbls chia seeds
Meal 2) As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
Meal 3) Raw skim milk cheese, roasted red pepper and balsamic vinegar, 3g fish oil
Meal 4) Broad beans, pumpkin puree, 1/2 scoop protein powder
Meal 5) Tuna sashimi, miso soup. My BF made a whole chicken and I nibbled on the skin a little. In the future I would like to not do that and just stick to my meal.
Meal 6 (Post workout) Surge Recovery

I had Surge Recovery for the first time today and I have to say it tastes AMAZING!

Activity:
Took the long way to work again.
Did beginner workout 1, phase 1 as per V-diet training program

Day 4

Today has been a challenge in not boredom eating. I have been working on a paper all day. I notice that when I get stuck I start to look for other things to do and eating seems to be #1. I was able to remedy this with making myself many, many cups of tea and taking small breaks to do somehting enjoyable (browse the web, read etc).

Meals for Today:
Meal 1) 100g Salmon sashimi
Meal 2) 1 scoop protein, 1tbls almond butter
Meal 3) Egg white omelette with skim milk cheese, black beans, 3g fish oil
Meal 4) Prawns, Broad beans, 6g fish oil
Meal 5) Raw skim milk cheese, 1 apple, 1 tbls almond butter

Activity:
30 minutes treadmill walk, 4.0mph, incline 5

Day 5

Today was good. Fridays are pretty busy days for me, so I am usually exhausted by the time I get home. I had a nap after work so that I would have enough energy to work a little on my paper and still have energy to workout. I have been really enjoying my workouts lately. I have actually been looking forward to them and afterwards I feel energized! Since today is a workout day I got to have Surge again, mmmm…

Meals:

1. As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
  2. As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
  3. As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
  4. 1 whole egg, egg whites (just poured, so not sure how many), 1 Tblsp almond butter, 3g fish oil
  5. Protein crepes (im sure many of you have tried these, but I will post recipe just incase), one chicken leg, 1 apple, 2tbls almond butter
  6. (Postworkout) Surge

Activity:
Taught a spin class (45 minutes)
Beginner workout 2, phase 1 as per V-diet training program

Things I could have done without:
-Picked at the chicken skin
-Had a costco cookie sample

Things I did great:
-After my meals were finished I made up a huge, giant container of tea to keep me satified until I was ready for bed.
-Recognized thirst vs. hunger

Day 6

Had a pretty lazy kind of day (in a good way!). I tend not to drink shakes when I am at home, so all my meals were solid.

Food:
Meal 1) ~60g Raw skim milk cheese, 6g fish oil
Meal 2) 1/2 can of salmon, 1 slice ezekiel bread, 1 tbls light mayo, 1 tbls RSF margarine (I could have done without this), 1 tblsp almond butter
Meal 3) 1/4c egg whites, 3 slices turkey bacon
Meal 4) Protein Brownie, 2tsp coconut oil

It is now time for meal 5, but I may just go to bed. If I do have it I will edit my post.

Activity:
V-Burn beginner (Edit: completed in 19:36)
10 minutes Stair Mill

Day 7

I was a little busy yesterday, so I didnt write in my log. I didnt enough meals either just because I woke up late and went to bed early, but other than that I think it was pretty good. I had a little more carbs than I normally do, but all from good sources.

Meal 1) 1 tblsp quinoa (before cooking), 1 apple, 1/2 scoop protein poweder
Meal 2) 83g raw skim milk cheese, 40g dry roasted black beans
Meal 3) 300g chicken breast, 3/4c mashed yam, steamed green beans and carrots

Activity:
Beginner workout 3/ phase 1

Day 8

Meal 1) Shake and 1/2 apple
Meal 2) Shake
Meal 3) 150g shrimp, 100g yams, 2 slice Ezikiel bred, 6g fish oil
Meal 4) Atkins bar (12 CHO, 12F, 4P)
Meal 5) 85g Raw skim milk cheese, 50g yams, 16 almonds

Activity:
30 minutes Arch trainer

Day 9

Ok, so I finally had a chance to weigh and measure myself and i am super excited about the results!

Weight: 116.8 lbs
BF%: 19.7
Naval: 67.3cm
Waist(largest): 76.0cm
Hips (largest): 89.8cm
R thigh: 54.0cm
L thigh: 54.0cm
R calf: 33.6cm
L calf: 33.0cm

It is really motivating to see the numbers change! I have always eaten okay (on a scale of horrible-perfectly healthy), but I have never been consistant working out. I want to make working out part of my life. I am very blessed to have a BF that is very active. He worksout/does something every single day, no matter how tired he is so I have no excuses to not be active!

Short therm goals for this week:
-Stay consistant with the workout plan
-Add 2 servings of green veggies everyday

I knew I didnt eat that many vegetables, but after keeping a log it became REALLY clear how few I actually eat. I am going to start small. One cup of chopped veggies is equal to two servings so I think that should be easy enogh to add into one meal.

Meals:

1. Shake
  2. 3 mini peperonni sticks (not the greatest, but I was on the go and craving something salty)
  3. 100g shrimp, protein bar (12 CHO, 8F, 20P), 1 Tblsp almond butter, 1.25 cups cooked mushrooms
  4. 120g chicken, 30g fat free cheese, 3/4 cup homemade salsa, 350g (before cooking) butternut squash, 1 Tbls coconut oil

Activity:
Just the usual walk to work and back.

The eating wasnt great today, but it will do. I didnt get to work out because a good friend of mine, who I havent seen in a little while, surprised me at work. We chatted for a good while. she just left a couple minutes ago and it is now time for me to get some rest for tomorrow. Well worth missing a workout for!

Tomorrow it is back to it. Good eating and some weight training!

Jenny, you seem like a sweet, well-intentioned young woman, and I don’t mean to discourage you, but you are missing some important aspects and intentions of the Velocity Diet. I’ve waited for Chris (or anyone else) to comment on your posts, but as a mom to adult children, I’ve grown increasingly uncomfortable about not saying something. So here goes:

What you’re doing is NOT the V-Diet, light or otherwise; you’re merely using some of the products and doing some workouts. You’re losing weight because you’re starving yourself. Are you aware of how many calories you’re taking in each day? How those calories are distributed in carbs, fats, proteins, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fiber? Those are crucial things to know, especially if you’re going to alter the diet as much as you have.

By far, the most well-belanced meals you have in a day are your shakes - IF you are adding leucine to every shake, superfood and flax at least once or twice a day . Would you serve any one of your HSMs to a partner, friend or child? Check out the HSM recipes section of this website for some well-balanced alternatives to pepperoni sticks or skim milk and beans.

The beauty of the V-Diet is that it’s carefully designed and balanced to maximize healthy, short-term weight loss and then transition into healthy, mindful eating.

I wish you the best of health - good luck to you in your quest!

PS - I weigh about the same as you and eat an average of 6 or more cups of fruits and vegetables a day. You won’t gain weight getting your carbs from fruits and veggies, and you’ll feel full and satisfied, too.

[quote]IronJackJill wrote:
Jenny, you seem like a sweet, well-intentioned young woman, and I don’t mean to discourage you, but you are missing some important aspects and intentions of the Velocity Diet. I’ve waited for Chris (or anyone else) to comment on your posts, but as a mom to adult children, I’ve grown increasingly uncomfortable about not saying something. So here goes:

What you’re doing is NOT the V-Diet, light or otherwise; you’re merely using some of the products and doing some workouts. You’re losing weight because you’re starving yourself. Are you aware of how many calories you’re taking in each day? How those calories are distributed in carbs, fats, proteins, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fiber? Those are crucial things to know, especially if you’re going to alter the diet as much as you have.

By far, the most well-belanced meals you have in a day are your shakes - IF you are adding leucine to every shake, superfood and flax at least once or twice a day . Would you serve any one of your HSMs to a partner, friend or child? Check out the HSM recipes section of this website for some well-balanced alternatives to pepperoni sticks or skim milk and beans.

The beauty of the V-Diet is that it’s carefully designed and balanced to maximize healthy, short-term weight loss and then transition into healthy, mindful eating.

I wish you the best of health - good luck to you in your quest!

PS - I weigh about the same as you and eat an average of 6 or more cups of fruits and vegetables a day. You won’t gain weight getting your carbs from fruits and veggies, and you’ll feel full and satisfied, too.

[/quote]

Sounds like your just telling her to post elsewhere, in a mother-superior type of way.

She’s holding herself accountable to the shit eating, isn’t that why you guys are here?

Sorry if you interpreted my post that way, earthquake. I was trying to be helpful, not hurtful, which is what I thought people were trying to do on this forum.

Read before you post…

Hey JackandJill,

I am sure you are well intentioned, but I have to agree with earthquake in that you are coming off a little like you are an expert in dieting/nutrition. I am not doubting you, but I have no way of knowing if you know what you are talking about or if you are an arm chair expert.

I calculated my macros/calories for the last 4 days (since they are the only ones that have measurements). I used Nutrition data and lables for those items that have them.

Average:
130 P
44 F
64 CHO

To say that I am starving myself is a little extreme.

I would like to see my protein and fat intake go up a bit, but I think my carbs are just fine (those macros did not include any day that I was taking Surge recovery).

I am not sure where you got the idea that I am drinking milk. I have skim cheese. I believe that beans and cheese are a good vegetarian protein filled meal. It is your opinion if you disagree. I would like to see more of my protein coming from healthy meats, but I am working on one thing at a time right now.

I already stated that pepperoni sticks were not the best idea and that I really need to eat more veggies (more veggies was actually part of my goals).

I agree that this is not really the V-diet, but the V-diet light has you drinking two shakes (your first meal and your last) and the rest of the meals solid. I have been trying to have at least two shakes a day. This log was meant for me to keep track of what I am doing so that I could adjust along the way.

Maybe this is not the forum for my log? Suggestions for other forums (this is open to anyones ideas)?

P.S. You weighing the same as me has very little to do with if we should eat the same. BF% and activity level would be a better determinator of that.

My only credentials are that I weigh the same as I did when I graduated from high school 41 years ago, with a bf of 17%. I walk 3-6 miles every day, bike 20-50 miles in a typical outing, deadlift 165 lbs. and do as many as 600 kettlebell swings and/or snatches during the four 45-minute kb workouts I do each week.

It doesn’t matter to me if you post here or not; I’ve done the V-Diet, accomplished what I wanted to, and now I’m on to other things. If your diet is working for you, that’s terrific. Forget I said anything and forge ahead.

JackJill, you seem very active. I am sure you look and feel great. Congrats on completing the V-diet.

Day 10

Meals:

1. As per V-Diet for a 125lb female
  2. 100g (before cooking) sirloin steak, 100g yam, 1/2 an apple, 2 tbls almond butter
  3. 170g raspberries, 100g cashews, 1/2 a (very) large tomatoe, 1 cup chopped cucumber, apple cider and balsamic vinegar. This was more of a after thought “meal”. I was nervous eating and decided to count it as a meal after I was done. I was going to add some sort of protein to this, but my stomach was way too full after the rich cashews!
  4. 70g (after cooking) extra lean ground beef, 1/2 cup refried pinto beans, other half of tomatoe, 1/2 cup salsa, 15g pecans
  5. SR

Things I did great:
-Increased the amount of veggies in my meals!
-Was very tired after a long day, but got my butt to the gym

Just edited my post. I forgot to add my SR and my w/o!

Activity:
Beginner workout 5/ phase 1

keep it up

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.