Biotest

V-Diet and GSLP

Hi,

I am very interested in trying this diet out to get ready for the summer. My question is regarding the workout. I’ve seen on multiple threads where the general consensus is to stick with the workout program in the ebook. I like to know how important it is to the success of this program?

I’ve been running GSLP since Feb and made significant progress is the Squat, Bench And Press like never before. As a point of reference my max squat prior to starting was 260lb. I just did 237.5 (micro-loading) for 2x5 and an AMRAP of 10 reps for the 3 set! That is a huge PR. I can only imagine what my 1 Rep-Max is.

The program laid out for this diet could set me back in my progress as the squat is not really emphasized in this program. I think you squat like once a week. Not including the Front squat and Overhead.

Could I stick with my current program with success? Even if I have to deload because of the restricted calories? I am already doing fasted walking and their burpee progression or conditioning on off days. (Nothing over 10 min) As well as daily Chin up and Push-up ladders.

My strength is through the roof and my body comp as changed dramatically. I just need to get ready for the beach, have a vacation coming up in July to the tropics, thus jumping on this diet.

Can I possibly throw in the exercises in the book as “plugins” or auxiliary exercises. Like the Ab-wheel, curl and walkouts?

[quote]ltn123 wrote:
Hi,

I am very interested in trying this diet out to get ready for the summer. My question is regarding the workout. I’ve seen on multiple threads where the general consensus is to stick with the workout program in the ebook. I like to know how important it is to the success of this program?

I’ve been running GSLP since Feb and made significant progress is the Squat, Bench And Press like never before. As a point of reference my max squat prior to starting was 260lb. I just did 237.5 (micro-loading) for 2x5 and an AMRAP of 10 reps for the 3 set! That is a huge PR. I can only imagine what my 1 Rep-Max is.

The program laid out for this diet could set me back in my progress as the squat is not really emphasized in this program. I think you squat like once a week. Not including the Front squat and Overhead.

Could I stick with my current program with success? Even if I have to deload because of the restricted calories? I am already doing fasted walking and their burpee progression or conditioning on off days. (Nothing over 10 min) As well as daily Chin up and Push-up ladders.

My strength is through the roof and my body comp as changed dramatically. I just need to get ready for the beach, have a vacation coming up in July to the tropics, thus jumping on this diet.

Can I possibly throw in the exercises in the book as “plugins” or auxiliary exercises. Like the Ab-wheel, curl and walkouts?
[/quote]

A

Bench 2x5 - 1x5+
Squat 2x5 - 1x5+
Accessory work

B
Overhead press 2x5 - 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Accessory work

The bench and press are alternated each workout so it would look like this over two weeks:

Monday
Bench
Squat
Accessory work

Wednesday
Press
Deadlift
Accessory work

Friday
Bench
Squat
Accessory work

Week two

Monday
Press
Bench
Accessory work

Wednesday
Bench
Deadlift
Accessory work

Friday
Press
Squat
Accessory work

You need fractional plates to do the progression Jonny pain outlines in the program. I reccomend buying the book to really understand it.

Did you even read my post? I know what GSLP is and i have the book.

You could try it, but remember this diet is for fat loss and muscle retention, period. Chase two rabbits and both will escape. For the best results with fat loss and muscle retention, follow the V-Diet workouts.

[quote]ltn123 wrote:
Did you even read my post? I know what GSLP is and i have the book. [/quote]

How do you expect to run a linear progression program on a hardcore cut? Isn’t that a bit silly?