Biotest

V-Diet - All of Nothing

I’ve been active and working out for years, between MMA and wrestling in HS, rugby and MMA in college and Mens club rugby in the real world, I always considered myself fit, strong and there was no need to fancy diets.

However I’ve had a series of setbacks over the past 3 years between season ending injuries and illnesses (blown out knee, torn ligaments in both hands, and menigitis) I haven’t been able to play nor train consistantly for years. I never really lost much weight, and the strength losses I was always able to justify due to injury etc.

I just finished the Warrior Dash last weekend, and when I looked at the photos, I almost shat myself. I had no idea I had gotten so fat. So my fiance suggested that she wanted to try this Velocity Diet. So I said sure. Hopefully this gets me outta my funk and back down to my 8-9% BF, and back into my working out all the time, and helps me put an end to my justifications.

While I’m doing this, I’ll be playing a little bit of 7’s rugby, and still doing most of my 15’s team off season train, mostly strongman type stuff (tire flips, car pushing, kettlebell work) So I’m alittle nervous about not having enough energy, but I’ve need to get back on the All or nothing mentiality that got me to where I was in the first place

Day 1
Height 74.5
Weight 241.3
Neck 17.5
Shoulders 52
Chest - Upper 44.5
Chest - Lower 42.5
Waist - Navel 38
Waist - Largest 39
Hips 40
Upper Arm - L 15.25
Upper Arm - R 15
Upper Leg - L 26
Upper Leg - R 26
Lower Leg - L 15.75
Lower Leg - R 15.5
Ankle - L 10
Ankle - R 10

[photo]32978[/photo]
[photo]32980[/photo]
[photo]32979[/photo]

First off, cool boxers…lol

Best of luck, read the other posts if your getting unmotivated, some people in here done great stuff on this diet, just commit 100%.

Gareth

Day 2 -

I never thought that this diet would be this hard this early. I’m really glad that both me and my fiance are doing this together, or else there’s no way I’d be able to do this for the full 6 weeks.

My body is totally confused, i feel full, but hungry at the same time. I’ve got 7s practice tonight, so there’ll be a lot of running and sprints in the heat. Tons of fun, alwaysw reminds me why I hate 7s.

[quote]ExileRugger wrote:
Day 2 -

I never thought that this diet would be this hard this early. I’m really glad that both me and my fiance are doing this together, or else there’s no way I’d be able to do this for the full 6 weeks.

My body is totally confused, i feel full, but hungry at the same time. I’ve got 7s practice tonight, so there’ll be a lot of running and sprints in the heat. Tons of fun, alwaysw reminds me why I hate 7s.

[/quote]

The first 3 days were the worst for me. After that, it got much much easier. You will eventually get to the point where you are on auto-pilot.
Keep at it. Be careful with the activity though. You aren’t going to have a ton of energy.

all OR nothing?

Do you drink coffee? because coffee + empty stomach = bouncing off the walls for me as far as energy is concerned.

Your milage may vary.

Welcome aboard, Exile!

[quote]Cheeky_Kea wrote:
all OR nothing?

Do you drink coffee? because coffee + empty stomach = bouncing off the walls for me as far as energy is concerned.

Your milage may vary.

[/quote]

Ya, i have this nasty habit of not checking what I type on the internets, so i def messed that up.

Day 3

7s sucked. There is no way i could play competively while on this diet. Guess it comes down to what do I really want, play 7s, or lose some fat and then rededicate myself to 15s. I’m prob gonna just do the latter, and have to run my ass off to get in palying shape from July into September.

I feel like I couldn’t fit anything else in my stomache, yet I am constantly craving a big ol hunk of steak or grilled chicken, or even just a piece of juicy fruit.

My stomach went nuts today. I went from feeling like I was gonna puke to feeling like I was gonna crap myself, to being starving in about an hour. That was between shake 1 and 2, then then same thing happened between 2 and 3. I still need my dinner and bedtime shakes today, so we’ll see how it goes then.

Has anyone else had this, both the full yet hungry and the stomache issues?

I know how you feel in regards to the energy to do sporting activities. I had to give up playing hockey for 4 weeks because I just couldn’t do it and play competitively. The good news is that once you go back to it, you will be lighter and will have more energy.
But it did kind of suck for those 4 weeks…I was just “dawg”.

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:
But it did kind of suck for those 4 weeks…I was just “dawg”. [/quote]

Surely it was worth it to take the hockey out of the dog temporarily in order to put a leaner, meaner dog back into the hockey, yes?

[quote]reactiontm wrote:

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:
But it did kind of suck for those 4 weeks…I was just “dawg”. [/quote]

Surely it was worth it to take the hockey out of the dog temporarily in order to put a leaner, meaner dog back into the hockey, yes? [/quote]

Absolutely.

Thanks for the insight Dawg. I’ve got one of my 15s coaches and my captain telling me to “stop this bullshit” and just get back to lifting and running. I’m not gonna lie, its hard to stay motovated when I have people as high up as them telling me to stop. Especially since my captain was on the past 2 rugby world cup teams for the US.

They are concerned I’ll drop to below 230, and that I’ll lose alot of my endurance.

Has anyone else had major stomache issues while on this diet?
Everytime I take my shakes, my stomache goes into revolt. First I feel like I have to puke, then feel like I’m gonna crap myself. Happens every day, almost every shake. I feel like garabage, and normally I’d go to my coach about what to change in my diet, but he is against this in the first place. At times its gotten so bad, that I’ve gone into the bathroom thinking that I was actually gonna puke.

The only new supps that are on this diet that I’ve never taken before are the Leucine and the flax seed.

Any thoughts?

Bight spot is that I get my HSM today. yay, hopefully this wont cause my stomache to flip out.

They are concerned I’ll drop to below 230, and that I’ll lose alot of my endurance. [/quote]

Please explain to me how losing excess fat would HURT your endurance.

Their concern is that Im on a calorie defiect, and not running right now. Even after losing fat, it will have been about 6 weeks since I’ve really run, which will cut down on my endurance, and my first step quickness. But my top speed should go up, which will be nice.

HSM was awesome. Grilled flank, sweatbreads, short ribs, chicken and steamed veggies. Now its back to shakes. My stomach was alot better on Saturday after having the HSM. Hopefully it it settles down this week. It got to the point where not drinking a shake actually felt better then drinkning one.

Down 8 lbs and about one 1" off the waist on the first week. I only measured the waist cause that’s all I really care about right now. Full measurements next weekend.

Even after losing fat, it will have been about 6 weeks since I’ve really run, which will cut down on my endurance, and my first step quickness.[/quote]

Based on some studies I’d read, and my own experience, you may be able to maintain your endurance running just one day/week.

Swap out the V-Burn (although the V-Burn IS an ass-kicker) and run instead.

On my first round, I ran 3-4 miles instead of doing NEPA.

If you’re willing to give up strength, you CAN actually improve your running.

But you have to be willing to make that trade.

BTW, are you getting paid to play or is this just a hobby?