Biotest

V-Diet 4.0

Any toughts of revamping the 3.0 scheme? I am planning on doing another round of the V-Diet in July. Just wonderig if there are any ideas to change up with all of the Pulse protocals…

A couple of threads on that with some ideas:

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_life_group/vdiet_35ish

Chris and texis300,
I started one of the linked threads and today am starting week 2 of my V-diet/Pulse fast experiment. I’m P-fasting today. Bottom line so far is 13 lbs lost in the first week. I’ll post all impressions after a few weeks when I decide what my “real” weight loss ends up at. I say that because I almost don’t believe the results after a week.

One thing is for sure, I’m not loosing strength or having significant difficulty. My only tweeks are 1/2 Finnbar after workouts (instead of SR) and some nights a tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil instead of natural peanut butter. Yesterday’s HSM was a near religious experience … ha!

Thanks for the update, Lugan! Very cool!

Out of curiosity, since it’s tangentially related to the whole V-Diet 3.5/4.0 discussion, how many FA3 would be the right amount to replace the flax and nut butter?

For my Veast Week I’m going with 4 per night, but I have no idea if that’s a proper amount (it’s basically one serving). Should I add a second serving in the morning with Flameout?

What’s a good Flameout to FA3 ratio?

[quote]VTRushinCA wrote:
Out of curiosity, since it’s tangentially related to the whole V-Diet 3.5/4.0 discussion, how many FA3 would be the right amount to replace the flax and nut butter?

For my Veast Week I’m going with 4 per night, but I have no idea if that’s a proper amount (it’s basically one serving). Should I add a second serving in the morning with Flameout?

What’s a good Flameout to FA3 ratio?

[/quote]

You can take 8-12 FA3 per day.

Looks like time for another order! (I’ll be level 4 in no time.)

The thread for V-Diet 3.5 was closed so I’m leaving my thoughts here:

I’m about as much of a newbie as you can get for the gym, health, and fitness world and the V-Diet makes sense to me. I’m planning on starting it on April 1st and having it end to coincide with the end of the “body transformation” challenge at my gym. Here are my thoughts on what’s been discussed:

(1). The total # of reps concept for the workout made perfect sense to me.

(2). I can find the gym intimidating since I’m such a newb. I’ve been doing some pre-vdiet experimenting with the workouts to get the weight right and the form down. I paid the trainer for a 30-minute session to help critique and get some pointers. I plan on doing the workouts as designated but some of the intimidation factor may decrease if there was a machine-equivalent for the beginner workout. I worry about the right form with the free weights.

(3). The idea of a pulse fast/pulse feast doesn’t intimidate me. Hell - I’m about to go on a liquid diet for 4 weeks, how would one day of fasting really put a huge obstacle in the way? Plus I’ve fasted before - though it was for religious reasons. If it is part of the plan from the beginning I don’t see it being such a huge deal. If I’m prepared for it there is no reason for me not work through it.

[quote]TheHBomber wrote:

(2). I can find the gym intimidating since I’m such a newb. I’ve been doing some pre-vdiet experimenting with the workouts to get the weight right and the form down. I paid the trainer for a 30-minute session to help critique and get some pointers. I plan on doing the workouts as designated but some of the intimidation factor may decrease if there was a machine-equivalent for the beginner workout. I worry about the right form with the free weights.

[/quote]
Just remember that everyone was new at some point. The seasoned gymgoer started out a newbie as well. You just have to bite the bullet and go. I’m a 33 y/o woman and go to the gym on a military base. I am surrounded by teenage/20-something Marines, Soldiers, Sailors, and Airman. It can be intimidating when I’m not familiar with a particular exercise, but you learn and keep it moving. JUST GO!!! That’s the only way to get over your nerves. And DON’T USE THE MACHINES. It’s not the same workout.

I’m a newbie, does anyone know where I can find more info on this V-Diet?

[quote]kuankung wrote:
I’m a newbie, does anyone know where I can find more info on this V-Diet?[/quote]

Under training >> V-Diet 3.0

http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30#velocity-diet-3-0