Biotest

V-Diet #2, Time to Finish the Job

Well today was day one of my second V-Diet. I did my first one back at the beginning of June into July and went from 205 down to 185 while increasing most of my lifts at the same time (I hadn’t done weight training for probably a year when I started it, I attribute my gains in strength mostly to that). I finished the diet feeling and looking better than I ever had before, but I just wasn’t quite where I wanted to get.

The taste and craving changes were great, I ate very clean and tried some different peri workout nutrition stuff leaning towards building a bit of muscle, which I feel like I succeeded at to a degree. I was scared to death of eating too much, but I do feel like I’ve made some good gains in the past 6 weeks since the first diet.

Anyway, I’m now ready to go at it again and quite excited. The anger that fueled my first diet has been replaced with a feeling that I have a hard time describing, something of an intense, calm, confidence. I know I can rock this diet this time, there’s no doubt in my mind, no reservations whatsoever. I plan on keeping my log on here this time and would welcome any feedback/advice.

I’m doing the intermediate workout program and did my first workout today.
Day 1, Heavy, 30 sec rest, 20 reps

Front Squat @ 155lbs - 5,5,5,5
Pull Down w/ Chin up grip @ 165lbs - 5,5,5,3,2
Bench @ 135lbs - 5,5,5,3,2
Ab Wheel - 5,5,5,5 (is this an exercise thing or a torture device?)

Measurements Starting this morning:
Height: 5’10"
Weight: 181 lbs
Shoulders: 46"
Chest, Upper: 41"
Chest, Lower: 37"
Upper Arm: Both 13.5"
Waist, Navel: 35"
Waist, Largest: 37"
Hips: 38.5"
Upper Legs: 23.5"
Lowers Legs: 16"
Ankles: 9.5"
Bodyfat: The scale I have at the house has consistently registered 13 - 15% for what it’s worth, not sure how accurate these things are. I was at about 25% before the first diet, that was by a caliper test that was free at my gym, I’ll probably get that done again after this diet.

Pictures Incoming shortly.

Front

Side

Back

Nice tan! :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome back!

So why are you doing two V-Diet in a row like that?

Not doing it right in a row, waited about 6 - 7 weeks in between as prescribed. Just looking to finish up losing fat quickly so I can move on really. I’m very proud of my two stage farmer’s tan haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

Today went by fairly normal…had 4.5 hours between my last two shakes because I’m dumb and didn’t see the extra evening meeting on my calender, but I didn’t really feel hungry by the time I got home. Definitely a lot more planning involved with this one, the first diet was during the summer when I pretty much had all the free time in the world. The nice thing is this time the days will probably fly by cause I’m so busy all the time. Will just have to stay meticulous about getting the next days shakes packed and ready the night before.

About to head out for a walk then bed, excited for weight training tomorrow.

Day 3

Reverse Lunge @ 115 8,5,5,5,5,4,4,4
Bent over row @ 80 8,7,6,6,5,5,3
Push press @ 75 9,7,7,6,6,5
Barbell Curl @ 70 8,6,6,5,5,4,3,3
Reverse Crunch @ BW 10,10,10,10

Everything else going pretty normal. Felt good most of the day, went for a 3.5 mile walk before the workout tonight. Couple times I smelled food as it was getting close to shake time, there’s no real temptation to actually eat anything, but I forgot how good things start to smell while you’re living on shakes.

Day 5 down.

Workout
Deadlift @ 135 8,7,5,5,5,4,4,2
Lat Pulldown @ 125 8,7,6,6,6,4,3
Decline Bench @ 125 8,6,5,5,5,4,4,3
Hand walkout (knees) 12,10,10,8

Think I may try the hand walkout from feet next time perhaps, last time I tried it I nearly face planted, but it’s been a couple months.

Everything’s still going smoothly so far, it’s actually feeling much easier than the first time cause I’m so busy at school and such. There’s no time to think about all the food I wish I was eating and I still feel too focused on my goal to even consider any kind of failure or cheating. HSM day tomorrow though, way pumped for that.

Saturday - HSM Day, 12 oz steak w/ Veggies and sweet potato

Sunday - V-Burn challenge, intermediate, time: 24:44. That was a lot more challenging than the beginner version, but I feel like I’ll be able to improve on that greatly over the course of the 5 remaining weeks.

Overall the first week has gone really well!

Monday, Week 2 day 1

Front Squat @ 160 5,4,4,4,3
Pulldown @ 165 5,5,3,3,2,2
Bench @ 135 5,4,3,3,3,2
Ab Wheel 5,5,5,5

Walked in a parade with the drumline I teach and went out on the trail for about 4 miles later in the day too. I really find the NEPA ends up being one of my favorite parts of the day, let’s me clear my head and listen to some good music.

Good luck with round 2. I too am already planning a back to back V-Diet so I will be following your posts. If you’ve done it once, you KNOW you can do it again.

N

Workout today, this is my least favorite of the three, probably cause I suck at the lunges and bent over rows. Oh well, I know they’re making me improve because of it.

Reverse Lunge @ 125 8,6,6,5,4,4,4,3
Bent over row @ 85 8,6,5,5,4,4,4,3,1
Push Press @ 85 9,7,6,6,5,4,3
Barbell Curl @ 65 8,6,5,5,5,4,4,3
Reverse Crunch 10,10,10,10

Raspberry Surge is sooo good.

Definitely looking forward to the next HSM on saturday. Sometimes if I get caught up teaching or what not I’ll be late on a shake, those are the only times when I really start thinking about food, so I’ve been trying to keep to the 3 hr mark as close as possible.

Almost through 2 weeks! HSM tomorrow, pretty pumped for that, although I don’t have a plan for it yet.

Workout today:

Deadlift @ 135 8,7,6,6,5,4,4
Pulldown @ 130 8,6,5,4,4,4,3,3
Decline Bench @ 125 8,6,5,5,4,4,4,4
Hand Walkout 10,8,8,8,6

Have been mixing my Surge with a ton of water to extend the joy of drinking it. Today’s workout felt really good, by which I mean I was drenched and exhausted afterwards so the extra volume of water with the Surge was great.

We should be workout buddies. You are in the gym at the same time as me.

Good job!

HSM Yesterday, Chicken with veggies and black beans. Awesome.

V Burn later today, will post the time this evening.

V burn #2 - 20’27"

last week - 24’44"

Week 3

I think overall, doing this diet while I’m busy with school and teaching band and everything is making it fly by. Doing pretty well timing the shakes now, I just pack my bag in the morning with everything I need, shakes pre bottled (no water) and all the Flameout and such in an old Rez-V bottle.

One thing I could be doing better on is the extra NEPA walk, sometimes during the weeks I’ve been folding on this after long days at work, but it really is something I enjoy. Unless I’m super exhausted I at least try to go for a walk around the neighborhood, even if it’s late.

Workout 1 today, as follows:
Front Squat @ 160 5,3,3,3,3,3
Chin ups @ BW 4,3,2
Pull Down @ 165 5,3,3
Bench @ 135 5,4,3,3,3,2
Ab Wheel 5,5,5,5

The chin ups were actually a bit of a break through for me, it’s been a while since I’ve tried to do chin or pull ups, mostly cause I could usually only get one out, if that. Decided to give it a shot tonight and cranked out 4 on the first set, which blew me away, so I decided to split the sets between chins and then go to the pull down when I wasn’t really being productive anymore with that.

The short rest periods (20 sec this week on this workout) were killing me tonight, but the workout felt great because of it. Should probably do some halfway point measurements this week, should have time in the morning tomorrow or wednesday, saving new pics till the very end though.

Okay off to bed.

WOW! That’s great! I want to be able to do an unassisted pu–up one day.

Yeah, I really like walking around the campus. Something about teh fall semester makes me want to walk around and look around. Good time for NEPA…

Thanks for the comment! I wish we had “fall” down here in TX, I’m originally from up north and fall was my favorite time of year. Although it has been raining for like almost a week now, so that’s a nice change after a brutal summer.

Workout day today
Reverse Lunge @ 115 8,8,5,5,4,4,3,3
Bent over Row @ 95 8,8,6,6,5,4,3
Push Press @ 85 10,7,6,6,6,5
Barbell Curl @ 60 9,7,5,5,5,5,4
Reverse Crunch @ BW 10,10,10,10

Workout felt great again today, really intense. I was really focused on being strict with the rest times and moving from exercise to exercise quickly. Fun times.

In other really good news, my Z-12 came today. I have a hard time falling asleep as it is, let alone after an evening workout during a busy marching band season. Was really excited to see they come with 80 capsules a bottle now instead of 60 too, this stuff was great during my first diet.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.