Biotest

V-Day is Upon Us

No, I don’t mean Valentine’s Day! For the past few weeks, a friend of mine (evanck) and I have been doing our research on the Velocity Diet. We decided to start the diet as of Feb 1st. We figure that Feb is perfect for the initial part of our journey, as it is 28 days long.

Now most of the people around us, figure we are crazy, for both thinking that we can survive on only one HSM a week, for 28 days, and for starting on Super Bowl Sunday!

To all of those people, we intend to show that we are not crazy, but driven and determined. We know that this is not going to be an easy task. It’s not just a diet, but a choice. A true testiment of our will power, and determination to change our body composition, and our eating habits for the better.

What better day to start, than one filled with so much temptation. Super Bowl parties with beer, snacks, buffalo wings, etc… If we can make it through today (and we will), then we can make it through any other ordinary day!

Walk with us as we march head on, with what will be a war within. As we struggle with day to day temptations, our cravings, and negative feedback from those around us. We welcome any advise, critism, and encouragement, as we embark on our life altering journey!

We will post our pics, measurements, and weight later today! As well as document our progress from day to day. Check back often to watch our success

welcome to the v-diet feb club!

keep us posted on how you do… I started a little early and will finish
feb 24th. couldn’t wait till the 1st, I just wanted to get going to see
if I can break the plateau I’ve been in.

good luck, stay away from the beer and chips tonight watching the
game! go cardinals! (really a pats fan)

Thank you skyefit!

I appreciate the encouragement! I’m 2 HOT-ROX, 4 Flameout, & 3 shakes into my first day. So far so good. I haven’t had any cravings, or desires to eat anything other than my shakes. Probably due to my excitement. I’m sure they’ll come and probably with a vengence. Bring 'em on, I’m your huckleberry!

Great attitude !!! I am on day 3, so far so good over here. Keep up the positive attitude…oh, and GO CARDS !!! I can’t stand PISSburgh.

Evanck front.

Evanck side view

evanck back view

Evanck

Day 1 - Weight & Measurements

Weight - 282 lbs
Belly button/love handles - 48 in
Upper leg - 22 in
Lower leg - 17 in
Chest - 54 in
Upper Belly - 49.5 in
Shoulders - 59.5 in
Upper Arm - 17.25 in
Neck - 21 in

ramico33 front view.

ramico33 side view.

ramico33 back view.

Ramico33

Day 1 - Weight & Measurements

Weight - 228 lbs
Belly button/love handles- 41 in
Upper leg - 18.5 in
Lower leg - 15.5 in
Chest - 45 in
Upper belly - 39 in
Shoulders - 50 in
Upper Arm -14.5 in
Neck- 16.75 in

Alittle about me. I’m 27 years old, I’ve trained off and on since high school, but just haven’t stuck to anything long enough for it to yield long lasting results.

Growing up I was a fat kid, (maybe that is a bit harsh), but I was always overweight. I was always self-conscious about it. Eventually, my give a Sh*t level out weighed my will power. No I didn’t go on a binge and over eat. I just stopped being concerned with it. Anyways, as time passed, I got up to around 270lbs.

In Jan of 2007, I decided to make a choice. I wanted to see my abs already! I went on a very dialed in dietary plan, I did weight training 3 days a week, and cardio 4-5 days a week. I got down to 214lbs, yet I still couldn’t see my abs. I eventually burned out, because the trainer I was seeing, was more concerned about me buying more sessions, rather than me hitting my goal.

Even though I lost a tremendous amount of weight, I feel that I lost much more muscle mass than I should’ve. I would attribute this to the massive amounts of cardio, and the lack of a solid training plan. I’ve been pretty good since then as I’m only about 13lbs more now, then I was then.

So here I am. I’ve made the choice. I feel that I’m finally in the right frame of mind, and I’ve found both a solid diet and workout programs. With this combination, I will finally reach my goal.

After running through the calculations, I’ve arrived @ 1282cal on non-training days, and 1538 on training days.

I managed to avoid all temptation today. I felt alittle rocky after my afternoon serving of HOT-ROX extreme (2 capsules), but I managed. I had 5 shakes throughout the day, 6 Flameout, 4 HOT-ROX, and 4 tbsp of milled flaxseed, yet I was only able to account for 1258cal. Am I better off to go alittle over as opposed to alittle under?

My cal should be 1227 and I come in at 1217, as long as you are close to your numbers you should be good but don’t go over by a lot. You can ask Chris…

I think the first 4 days are hard but then the cravings go away, I am on day 6 now and lost 3 lbs so far. My goal is 10 which will be great, then I will only be about 4-5 lbs out from show weight. I hope to loose more in the transition phase over the next 2 months.

Last night was hard especially cooking the kids dinner! I make them really healthy meals and allow them one treat a day so looking at those brownies and smelling the chocolate was tempting! Although the thing I am really craving is the salty stuff!

That is great you are doing this with some friends, it is always nice to have support, some people think your crazy and I swear want you to fail, which makes me all the more determined to do it.

Keep us posted on your status. Tomorrow I have my first HSM! Can’t wait.

To skyefit & Brianne23,
I’d like to thank you both for your support, and taking the time to give some much appreciated feedback. You Rock!

[quote]skyefit wrote:
My cal should be 1227 and I come in at 1217, as long as you are close to your numbers you should be good but don’t go over by a lot. You can ask Chris…

I think the first 4 days are hard but then the cravings go away, I am on day 6 now and lost 3 lbs so far. My goal is 10 which will be great, then I will only be about 4-5 lbs out from show weight. I hope to loose more in the transition phase over the next 2 months.

Last night was hard especially cooking the kids dinner! I make them really healthy meals and allow them one treat a day so looking at those brownies and smelling the chocolate was tempting! Although the thing I am really craving is the salty stuff!

That is great you are doing this with some friends, it is always nice to have support, some people think your crazy and I swear want you to fail, which makes me all the more determined to do it.

Keep us posted on your status. Tomorrow I have my first HSM! Can’t wait.
[/quote]

Great Job! Only 6 days in, and you’ve already achieved 1/3 of your initial goal! Any idea on what your well deserved, first HSM will be?

Cooking up a world of deliciousness for others! Wow, rewarding the ones you love, while in a sense, punishing yourself! You are my hero!

Sounds to me like your making fabulous progress, and avoiding temptation! Stay the course! You’re an inspiration to all of us!

Congrats on making it through the first day guys :slight_smile:

Ramico - as for your question about over/under the target - I prefer to stay just under rather than just over personally. I figure if I’m killing myself for a month as it is, I’d rather stay 10-15 under daily than go 10-15 over daily, but either way I doubt if it makes too much of a difference.

I’ve got to say that your screen name is killing me though! Every time I see “ramico” I think “ramican” (sp?), and “ramican” makes me think of Creme Brulee! lol

Just got back from the grocery store.

Did I ever tell you I really HATE Valentines Day!! god dam chocolate everywhere!
bought the kiddies some pink and red cupcakes along with my turkey I will have tomorrow.

Going with the turkey breast, salad, asparagus and brown rice. That should do it.
Gonna have it at lunch time, even though I miss my oatmeal pancakes! Maybe next week I will have that for a HSM.

At least you have nice weather out there, we are expecting more snow tomorrow! I miss going to the football field and running sprints.
Instead I use shoveling snow for the NEPA! LOL

have a good day!

Good luck guys. I’m on day 21 so almost there. Anyway I think I remember reading somewhere CS said + or - 50 cals would be ok. Just don’t go to far one way or the other.