Biotest

Update @ 2 Weeks; ?'s

I’ve been on the V-Diet for 2 weeks now. Here are the measurements so far. My pics are on my Ipad and I don’t know how to post them here.

Personal History:

• Athletic background, played college football, heaviest weight was 240lbs @ 23%bf
  • DL PR: 345lbs (3yrs ago)
  • Sqt PR: 315lbs (8 yrs ago, haven’t tested since)
  • Bench PR: 340lb (8yrs ago)
  • Currently in the Army and deployed to AF. I really enjoy powerlifting and am familiar with the conjugate method of training.

Goals:
1.) Recomposition, specifically in the abdomen and upper legs.
2.) DL 1rm: 2 x BW & 250bs x 50
3.) Sqt 1rm: 2 x BW & 225lbs x 50
4.) Bench 1rm: 1.5 x BW & 225 x 30

Day 1 Day 15
HT: 6’4"
WT: 213.5lbs 211lbs (-2)
Neck: 14" 14.5" (+.5")
Shldrs: 46.5" 46" (-.5")
Ch Up: 40" 39" (-1")
Ch Lw: 38" 37" (-1")
Wst @ N: 36" 33" (-3")
Wst @ lrg: 38" 34.5" (-3.5")
Hips @ lrg: 41" 40.5" (-.5")
Up Arm L: 14" 15" (+1")
Up Arm R: 14" 14.5" (+.5")
Thigh L: 23.5" 22.5" (-1")
Thigh R: 23.75" 22.5" (-1.25")
Low Leg L: 14.5" 13" (-1.5")
Low Leg R: 14.25" 14" (-.25")
Ank L: 8.25" 8.5" (+.25")
Ank R: 8.25" 8.5" (+ .25")
V Challenge: 51:20 30:00 (- 21:20)

Diet: V-Diet with the following exceptions:
1.) PB has sugar. The PB I had shipped over has 3g of sugar per 180c serving. Once again, I don’t have access to a grocery over here.

2.) No fiber tablets until Day 15. Similar situation as with the Leucine and PB.

3.) I have been taking Surge after the V Burn Challenge. I saw in other posts that I should only take this after the lifting days and will adjust.

Training: Advanced Program with a training partner to monitor intensity and rest intervals.

Questions:
1.) Why has my weight only dropped 2lbs? Am I in a potential “weight homeostasis” here? I’ve dropped 3 to 3.5" off of my waist and appx. 1" off each thigh. However, with the exception of my upper arms, the other muscle measurements have also decreased. The variables that I can think of that might be affecting this are:

a.) No Leucine resulting in less muscle growth resulting in not seeing the increase in metabolism that the added muscle would produce.
b.) Sugar in PB. Is 3g of sugar a day preventing a more rapid transformation? I tend to be historically carb/insulin sensitive.
c.) Lack of defecation. My bm have all but ceased, maybe once ever 2-3 days in small amounts, and I’m extremely gassy. Will fiber tablets help?
d.) NEPA walks. These don’t come into play until the transition phase, right? I haven’t been doing them and just want to make sure.
c.) Shake intervals. I tend to be somewhere between 2.5 to 3 hrs between shakes.

Thoughts?

First don’t sweat scale weight. A gain in muscle and a loss of body fat will often show no scale loss. The tape measurements are more important. Losing around 7 inches on your belly/torso in just two weeks is very good. This is where most men store the most fat.

If you have fat on your arms, legs and other areas, measurements can go down here. While the V-Diet isn’t made for muscle gains, some do experience muscle gains; however, it’s a FAT LOSS program primarily. Don’t expect to add 2 inches on your arm when on a low calorie, lower carb diet.

Yes, you are making many small errors: not using natural PB and eating the kind with added sugar. (I realize you’re deployed and doing the best you can, but yes, this does add up.)

NEPA walks are to be done every single day of the V-Diet.

Surge Recovery is not used after the V-Burn challenge.

Don’t worry about going to the bathroom. Obviously this will be less because your’e eating much less and using everything you take in. Less waste. Though the fiber tablets can help add “bulk” to those bathroom trips. Also, be sure you’re using the flax seed as recommended in the plan.

It looks like you’ve still lost 12 or 13 inches overall of body fat. Not bad for 14 days. Again, this is about a shift in body composition, not the numbers on the scale.

If you feel it could be working faster, drop one scoop of Metabolic Drive for the day.

a) the leucine was just insurance for bodybuilder types
b) not ideal, but not the end if you’re not over doing it
c) you should be pooping
d) start NEPA now
e) Shake interval isn’t horrible.

Yep no Surge after v-burn, glad you’ve corrected it.

You’ve lost 13 inches by my count all around. that’s good. It’s a foot. V-burn was much quicker the 2nd time around. Keep with the program and poop. You’re doing well at the end of the day.

@CS, corst:

Thanks for the follow up and encouragement.

1.) I’ll incorporate NEPA now.
2.) Should I drop the PB?
3.) Milled flaxseed is included as directed.
4.) I’ll adjust Surge Recovery w/ regards to V-Challenge per your guidance.
5.) I’ll drop 1 x scoop of MDLC per day this week and see how it works. Should be fine, Very little hunger issues.
6.) Got it on the bms.

If you can’t tell, i’ve been “lurking” in the I3G live spill.

Thanks again

[quote]erics1783 wrote:
@CS, corst:

Thanks for the follow up and encouragement.

1.) I’ll incorporate NEPA now.
2.) Should I drop the PB?
3.) Milled flaxseed is included as directed.
4.) I’ll adjust Surge Recovery w/ regards to V-Challenge per your guidance.
5.) I’ll drop 1 x scoop of MDLC per day this week and see how it works. Should be fine, Very little hunger issues.
6.) Got it on the bms.

If you can’t tell, i’ve been “lurking” in the I3G live spill.

Thanks again[/quote]

You can tell me and CS have a slightly different approach on the bms, but I work for GI doctors, so I expect people to BM once a day :slight_smile:

The v-diet is a great experience. It’s also a great jump start to a very healthy and positive lifestyle change.

You really need those fats from the PB. Yours isn’t perfect, but I think the other changes you’re making will be good enough. No big worries.