Biotest

UK V-Diet

Hi, First time post here.

Have decided to take the challenge of the V-Diet to break a plateau I have been struggling to get over.

Am looking to start the Diet Sat 24th Jan, as you can probably guess from the Title I am in the UK.

I will post my stats, measurements and photos on saturday.

Any words of wisdom welcome.

Laters

Good luck! Its a great diet - I shifted loads of fat (24lbs, including what I also lost transition) and put on a couple of pounds of muscle.

Hey fellow Brit. Welcome! I’m on day 15 and having great success. If you stick to it wil work wonders! Good luck and I look forward to tracking your progress.

Hi, on day 5 now so thought I would provide an update:-

Day 1 24th Jan

My fighting weight was an almighty 250lbs with my gut at 45 inches and my moobs at 44 inches.

All seemed to go well today and even struggled to get all my shakes in, the natural peanut butter was awesome though.

The only thing I would say is you do soon realise how much alcohol is involved in your life. I had a home game for my beloved Gillingham today and usually have 3 - 4 pints in the pub before hand. Not quite the same having 3 - 4 bottles of water any everyone asking why?? one beer wont hurt?? you wont stick to it!!! etc etc Such comments make me want to stick to it. Also the football sucked worse than usual.

I was going to stay in at night but was bored so went clubbing with my mates, the pre-drinks weren’t too bad sticking to just water and dodging similar comments/questions to at football, but boy did the club suck!!! Also as the driver my mate very kindly puked in the back of my car, I was not really annoyed though as previously it could have easily been me in the back of someone elses.

Also some old grotter started chatting me up, I was nice to her, but thankfully have a bit more standards when sober as if drinking I would have taken her home and banged her rotten and then spent the rest of the week worrying about cock rot!!!

Day 2 25th Jan

Did not struggle as much today fitting in all the shakes.

Went to cinema to watch that 3D horror thing, and a girl fell into my lap, was nice, thought things might develop but she had just infact tripped over my feet!!!

$2.50 for a bottle of water is a bit steep though, at least saved a tenner without having pic n mix.

Day 3 26th Jan

Again struggled to fit in all the shakes, had my first workout today and still increasing the weights I use so definitely no loss of strength or energy loss.

Day 4 27th Jan

Not to bad today, had Gillingham again in the evening, pub same as Saturday, water and dodgy comments, and yes the football still sucked.

Day 5 28th Jan

Again struggled fitting in all the shakes, but 2nd workout was awesome felt really good, and was looking a lot better in the changing room. In the far off mirror, approx 10 metres, I even looked as if in a few months I may be a bit hunky, was not quite the same in the mirror right in front of me so quickly reverted to the far off mirror again. But veins were very pronounced and The Guns were looking full.

General Observations:-

My shakes are either choc or strawberry flavour, both very stomachable, would say strawberry mixes better though.

Anyone got any suggestions on taking the flax seed, as when I mix it into the shakes it just sticks to the bottom of the cup, when i tried to just eat flax seed it was god awful and made me gag…waits for the man up comments!!

From all i have read about HOT-ROX I thought I would get the jitters, nausea etc etc but I would say they are also quite easy to take and only effect was increased body temp.

NEPA is boring as hell!!! Enough said on that.

Anyone suffered erectial dysfunction on this diet…if not neither have I!!!

My Healthy Solid Meal on Friday is going to be a plate of Chile and Veg Stir Fry…cant wait…have been craving the following though, Chicken Chow Mein and Chicken Balls, Chicken Sandwhich and Cheese and Crackefrs.

P.S. My car still stinks of sick!!! Thanks mate.

Will update on Friday when weigh in:p

Your posts are bloody hilarious! Made me homesick actually. That’s what I miss about the UK, the pub culture - a proper pint and a bag of cheese and onion crisps! Ah yes, reminds me of my misspent youth - pub, club and a vindaloo! Haven’t done that in a long, long time!

Never mind, I’ll get my fix soon. My Mum is coming in two weeks. My order includes marmite, salad cream and birds custard - and of course Tesco’s curry sauce!

And “old grotter” (I’m laughing to myself here) haven’t heard that one in a while. Thanks for brightening my day!

January 29th Day 6

Wow today was very tough, had my first two shakes of the day with HOT-ROX and omega 3 tablets and all semmed good as the previous 5 days.

Then went to the gym and think may have overdone the NEPA, did an hour on the cross trainer and treadmill at approx 12 - 14kph then did a 1000m swim.

All seemed well when I was exercising, it was hard but felt good, but then decided to have a little steam room action, when I got in there could hardly breathe so I went for a shower.

As soon as I got out the shower I came across all queer…insert joke here…and went very feint and dizzy and very almost hurled and passed out. Felt really really terrible, I then missed my arm pit with my Lynx and sprayed it straight in my mouth, which obviously made me feel one hundred times better.

I thought I may have just needed another shake and some H2O as thought may have been dehydrated…got home had some water and then took another shake and again almost puked and passed out.

At this point I seriously consider either having a tin of tuna in replace of a shake or bringing my meal forward to today as though the lack of food and over do on the NEPA may have been the cause. Thankfully though I reached down, picked up my melon size balls and manned up.

Instead I ad my peanut butter which seemed to do the trick, I almost puked again on my last shake but just manned up straight away as remembered how heavy the melons were first time.

Looking forward to weighing in tom and measuring and also my 3rd weight session and my Meal.

Im hoping the Chile and Veg Stir Fry brings back my parties in my pants, which as said before have been missing since I began…even turned down a lay today as was not horny…to be honest though despite having a cracking bum and DD boobs she had a little bit of a belly so no real loss.

Will update tomorrow after measurements, on a side note have been hit with protein gas and toilet needs today…nice.

Laters

I got a few dizzy spells on my V-Diet run, although it was nearer the end. Maybe cut back on the cardio a bit (I just found it really hard - and couldn’t get anywhere near my normal level on the diet), and focus on the trying to preserve muscle mass - let the diet work on getting rid of the fat.

What protein are you using? I found it pretty tough to find Biotest stuff in the UK (except for Surge and HOT-ROX)

Using MP whey isolate and omega 3 tabs, as the Biotest stuff was very expensive and probably trebled cost of diet.

Got HOT-ROX though.

Yeah definitely wont be doing it at that intensity again!!!

Lesson learnt and avoided giving in to a tin of tuna of having meal a day early.

Day 7 30th January

End of the first week and been pretty good in all honesty.

Weighed in this morning and had lost 14 pounds in the first week!!! I know it will slow down a lot now but if could do another 14 pounds over the next 5 weeks would be great.

Lost 4 inches off my waist and 1 off my moobs.

Aced the weights workout today and felt strong and will be upping the weights again on Monday.

My meal was Chile and Stir Fry Veg, was good but not as good as though it would be.

Going out on the town tonight and will be on the waters again, just hope no-one pukes in my car tonight as the smell from last week is just about fading!!!1

Got tickets for the Super Bash this Sunday at the O2 to watch the Superbowl to, should be good.

Laters

[quote]2gunz wrote:
Using MP whey isolate and omega 3 tabs, as the Biotest stuff was very expensive and probably trebled cost of diet.

Got HOT-ROX though.

Lesson learnt and avoided giving in to a tin of tuna of having meal a day early.[/quote]

I used Reflex Whey, and only later read the advice about using different products. I my next go I’ll use something like the MP Milk Protein - I think having the slower digesting protein should make it easier.

Glad you didn’t give in to the tin of tuna!

I messed up one of my HSMs and had some homemade lamb shish kebabs - they were dire and I really struggled for the following week. Thats when I had to use every technique under the sun to avoid giving up. Drinking loads of water helped (at least I felt full).

Lowpoint,

How much did you lose on the 4 weeks strict V-Diet and then how much extra did you lose on the transition and what did you do on the transition i.e. number of meals?

Did you move on to another diet afterwards?

Did you keep a blog?

Sorry for all the questions

I lost 18lbs in the strict phase, followed by 6 more in the transition phase (about 5% of my body fat). In transition I dropped one of the shakes and had one HSM a day. What I was really pleased with was how the weight stayed off afterwards. I didn’t do a blog - although I plan to when I do another run on the V-Diet this summer. I used GVT for my weight workouts, followed by between 3 and 5k runs for cardio (distance depended on how I felt on the day, rather than following a particular schedule). Hope thats helpful.

I didn’t go into another diet straight after - just tried to eat clean. I’m currently bulking - one of the downsides of the V-Diet was revealing how I needed to put more muscle on!

[quote]Lowpoint wrote:
2gunz wrote:

Got HOT-ROX though.

Lesson learnt and avoided giving in to a tin of tuna of having meal a day early.

I used Reflex Whey, and only later read the advice about using different products. I my next go I’ll use something like the MP Milk Protein - I think having the slower digesting protein should make it easier.

Glad you didn’t give in to the tin of tuna!

I messed up one of my HSMs and had some homemade lamb shish kebabs - they were dire and I really struggled for the following week. Thats when I had to use every technique under the sun to avoid giving up. Drinking loads of water helped (at least I felt full).[/quote]

Hey dudes,

Another UK based V-Dieter here (albeit V-Diet-a-wee-bit-lite in that I’m having one healthy solid meal a day). In terms of available, affordable protein suitable for the diet I can second the recommendation of MP’s Instant Milk Protein. 78% Micellar Casein, tastes great and as you are buying direct very affordable.

Shame we can’t get Biotest powder at the same price point as I’m sure it would as good if not better (and a nice way to give a little kickback to this absolute goldmine of a forum)

Regards,

Timaeus

Day 8 31st January

Initially I was quite concerned that after my HSM yesterday I may have felt the urge to eat today.

Thankfully not too bad just dealing with the usual cravings for Chinese and Chicken Shop!!!

Shakes all OK today and did my NEPA, went about 7.30 for 1.15 and really enjoyed and think I could have gone on for hours and hours but was bloody cold.

Day 9 1st February

NEPA was interesting today. Went out in the snow storms in my shorts and T shirt and done another 1.15 and got some very strange looks which I can understand as it was a snow storm.

Stayed up and watched the Superbowl and was craving a party atmosphere with Booze, Hot Dogs, Crisps & Dips and Chicken. Then realised if I stick to this diet and future diet and training then in future I will be able to do such things without being a fat bastard!!

Day 10 2nd February

Braved the snow storms again to hit the gym today but felt pretty weak for some reason!??!

Looking forward to weigh in and HSM Friday. Am thinking Chicken Fajitas and Spicey Salad.

On a side note can anyone give me some advice please, on this diet I am on around 1300 kcals per day, I am slightly concerned that after 6 weeks when I start a normal food diet of approx 1800 kcals a day my body may have entered into starvation mode and stop losing weight.

Should I maybe do a 3 week V-Diet and 2 week transition to try and prevent the above and then do the full 4 week and 2 week when I am nearer my goal weight of around 13 and a half stone…which I have not been for well over 10 years.

Thanks in advance

[quote]2gunz wrote:
On a side note can anyone give me some advice please, on this diet I am on around 1300 kcals per day, I am slightly concerned that after 6 weeks when I start a normal food diet of approx 1800 kcals a day my body may have entered into starvation mode and stop losing weight.

Should I maybe do a 3 week V-Diet and 2 week transition to try and prevent the above and then do the full 4 week and 2 week when I am nearer my goal weight of around 13 and a half stone…which I have not been for well over 10 years.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

I’d stick to it as a full program - after all is one week more really going to ‘save’ you from starvation mode? Your body will appear to gain weight when you come off the diet - remember that water weight you lost in the first week; its going to come back as you reintroduce more carbs, but its not a bad thing. The important thing to think about is the body composition. As long as you’re not losing muscle, you’ll be in a better position to continue the fat loss at a later stage (whether that involves the V-Diet or a different plan). There’s also the element of the change in food tastes/eating habits that happens around the start of the 4th week, that is setting you up to make better choices nutrition wise in the future.

Day 11 3rd February

Not much to report to be honest.

Still got cravings for Chicken Chow Mein and Chicken, also Salad in Pitta with some Chile sauce but in a strange way I am kind of enjoying them!!!

My body feels very light and cleansed, it makes you wonder why you let your self get so out of shape in the first place. The big belly, feeling disgustingly full and the mid afternoon sugar crashes were not nice, why oh why?!?! Live and learn I suppose. Looking back now there is very little of the junk food I enjoyed, I guess it is the convenience of it and as it is so advertised you talk yourself into likeing it.

I loved KFC but now the thought of the grease ridden chicken and the Colonels secret blend of 11 herbs and spices makes me feel sick…the only thing I would still consider finger licking good is a Zinger Tower Burger.

Day 12 4th February

Today was good had an excellent weights session down the gym, had to walk 30 mins to the gym and 30 mins back as when tried to start my car it would not start due to lack of petrol…what a pillock…was quite nice walking to the gym in the snow and cold…bit gay but I do like the feeling of the cold on my face.

Only 2 more days to my weigh in and HSM. Would be happy with a loss of 5 pounds this week which would prob make me the lightest I have been for a good 5 years!!! And its not even that light!!!

Am thinking of Chicken Fajitas with a spicey salad this Friday but will go to shops tomorrow and see what I fancy…apart from the checkout girls…:stuck_out_tongue:

Laters

February 5th Day 13

Todays NEPA was good, 1 hour work to and from the Gym and 1250 metres swim.

In the mirror even looks like I have some sort of physique slowly developing.

I reckon one day the moobs may even be Pecks.

One thing I have noticed is sometimes my throat burns from taking the HOT-ROX, I presume it is this rather than the fish oil tablets.

The evening of Day 5 and the whole of Day 6 seems to have been the toughest in both weeks regarding hunger pangs.

Am looking forward to my HSM tomorrow and am just on my way up shops to purchase it, still thinking about Chicken Fajitas and a Spicey Salad.

Also looking forward to the weigh in, am hoping for around 5 pounds.

It is good having people follow your progress as it is another factor that stops you from giving in to the cravings and hunger pangs.

I am thinking at the end of the 6 weeks I am going to have one cheat meal and then crack on with my new clean diet of around 1800 calories. Was gonna have a cheat day of junk food and booze but realise that could easily set me back a week and really dont want that.

LAters

Day 14 February 6th

Afternoon,

Just weighed in and lost another 5 pounds, down to 231 (16 and a half stone). Lost another inch of my belly and half an inch off my moobs.

Think this is the lightest I have been for a good 5 years, its starting to seem like I have a whole new wardrobe. Got so many tops I wore once or twice before I started ballooning out of control.

Just off for my weights session, looking forward to it.

Then back for my second HSM of Spicey Chicken Fajitas and a couple of boiled eggs. Can’t wait!!!

Tonight playing a bit of Pro Evo with the Boys and they will all be getting Dominoes. I love Dominoes but will certainly resist, I quite like just savouring the smells now.

I thing though I do find myself asking everyone what they are eating for breakfast, lunch, Dinner, depending on time of day as I am not eating myself!!!

Laters

Day 14 February 6th

Afternoon,

Just weighed in and lost another 5 pounds, down to 231 (16 and a half stone). Lost another inch of my belly and half an inch off my moobs.

Think this is the lightest I have been for a good 5 years, its starting to seem like I have a whole new wardrobe. Got so many tops I wore once or twice before I started ballooning out of control.

Just off for my weights session, looking forward to it.

Then back for my second HSM of Spicey Chicken Fajitas and a couple of boiled eggs. Can’t wait!!!

Tonight playing a bit of Pro Evo with the Boys and they will all be getting Dominoes. I love Dominoes but will certainly resist, I quite like just savouring the smells now.

I thing though I do find myself asking everyone what they are eating for breakfast, lunch, Dinner, depending on time of day as I am not eating myself!!!

Laters

Well done - halfway in now! Sounds like you’re getting great results.

They might slow down a bit next week (mine did), but keep going! I found concentrating on the change of appearance, rather than the change on the scales the best way to not get disillusioned by that!