Biotest

Two Workouts A Day

I work out at 5am and 5pm (Metcon in the mornings, lifting in the afternoon). I saw your advice for sipping the Surge during the workout, which answers one question about mornings, but should I have two servings of Surge? Or wait for after lifting?

If after lifting, what should I do about the morning shake, during?

Thanks!

Is this a Velocity Diet question or just a general question?

The best supplement for Metcon style work is Mag-10. See this: http://www.t-nation.com/training/predator-conditioning

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Is this a Velocity Diet question or just a general question?

The best supplement for Metcon style work is MAG-10. See this: http://www.T-Nation.com/training/predator-conditioning [/quote]

It’s a Velocity Diet question. I’m just getting started again on the Velocity Diet and it says to use Surge after the workout, but since I do two, I didn’t know if I should take it after both or after only the lifting workout.

Gotcha. Surge Recovery is for weight training workouts only.

I should have detailed “Metcon” a little better. For instance, some days, like today, we did 45 deadlifts and 45 pullups. It usually involves weight training as well, just typically at a faster pace with less weight. Still the same advice?

Sounds like you’re definitely not using the V-Diet workout plan. That’s okay, but it could change some things. You do NOT want to weight train in a fasted state (great way to lose muscle and have crappy workouts). So yes, I’d use something for that metcon workout. Mag-10 is ideal, but until then you can use a smaller serving of Surge, like half a serving.

[quote]Fat Bastard wrote:
I should have detailed “Metcon” a little better. For instance, some days, like today, we did 45 deadlifts and 45 pullups. It usually involves weight training as well, just typically at a faster pace with less weight. Still the same advice?[/quote]

You do this in the morning and then lift at night?

You may be shooting yourself in the foot with an elephant gun.