Biotest

Two Weeks - Zero Pounds Lost


#1

I have been on the V-Diet for two weeks and have not lost a single pound. I have not waivered from the diet except for the fact that I played a hockey game instead of the v-burn challenge one weekend. I know it says in the tips to not replace the v-burn with sports or anything but I am part of a team and didn’t want to quit playing. Honestly, I don’t see how that could have affected anything.

I’m 5’6". Day 1 I weighed myself at 170 lbs and as of day 15 I weigh 170 lbs. I wouldn’t have considered myself “fat” when I started the diet but I did have a gut and some fat around my hips. I am assuming that I simply building muscle at a rate that is keeping my total body weight the same.

I consider that a good thing being that my body is showing visible improvement. I’ll take some measurements to quantify the gains made during my two weeks.

Niko


#2

Also, I started on the Beginner Program and I have maxed out on the dumbbell squat (100 lbs in the largest dumbbell at my gym) and have moved on to doing squats with a bar bell rested on my shoulders. Is that proper thing to do?

Niko


#3

How are the tape measurements?


#4

Measurements

Location_____Day 1______Day 15______Differential
Neck_________15.00______15.25_______^0.25
Shoulders_____N/A________45.75______
Upper Chest___38.125_____39.75______^1.625
Lower Chest___35.25______34.75______-0.50
Navel_________34.375_____33.25______-1.125
Waist Max_____37.25______35.00______-2.25
Hips__________38.00______36.00______-2.00
Upper Arm L___12.50______13.25______^0.75
Upper Arm R___13.00______13.50______^0.50
Upper Leg L___24.00______23.50______-0.50
Upper Leg R___24.00______23.50______-0.50

Very postive results after two weeks

Niko


#5

Since the inches, especially from your waist, are melting away, I’m going to say it’s a scale/weighing issue.

First, make sure you’re following the weighing rules: same scale, same time of day (morning: after peeing, before drinking), wearing the same thing or nothing etc. A dozen different things can throw off scale weight besides that: muscle gain, water retention, etc. Don’t sweat it, stick with the program, and I’ll bet the scale will suddenly jump next week.

But remember, weigh only once per week, the morning before your HSM is best for showing consistent, “real” weight.


#6

I wasn’t sweating it… really just pointing it out for other people who may see similar results to realize its not all about total body weight. If you don’t see the change in weight to not be discouraged.

I used two different scales; one at home completely naked and one at the gym (sliding balance beam type) to record my weight


#7

[quote]niko.quest wrote:
I wasn’t sweating it… really just pointing it out for other people who may see similar results to realize its not all about total body weight. If you don’t see the change in weight to not be discouraged.

I used two different scales; one at home completely naked and one at the gym (sliding balance beam type) to record my weight[/quote]

Yeah, scales can really vary. Gotta use the same scale for consistency. And weighing at different times of the day can REALLY throw things off.

Example: My girlfriend weighed late in the evening on Saturday, then again on Sunday morning. She weighed 4 pounds less on Sunday morning!


#8

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]niko.quest wrote:
I wasn’t sweating it… really just pointing it out for other people who may see similar results to realize its not all about total body weight. If you don’t see the change in weight to not be discouraged.

I used two different scales; one at home completely naked and one at the gym (sliding balance beam type) to record my weight[/quote]

Yeah, scales can really vary. Gotta use the same scale for consistency. And weighing at different times of the day can REALLY throw things off.

Example: My girlfriend weighed late in the evening on Saturday, then again on Sunday morning. She weighed 4 pounds less on Sunday morning!

[/quote]

My God what did you two do all Saturday night?! Since she’s the one who lost 4 pounds I’m guessing she did most of the work. :slight_smile: Sorry you opened the door, I merely walked through.


#9

see below


#10

good call Vires!

I was trying to say I used the same scale to record my weigh twice, as in, on Day 1 I weighed myself on the scale at home and at the gym to confirm… I did the same on Day 15.

Also my percent body fat was 15.4% when I started. I think the HOT-ROX is effecting the device I used to record body fat percentage because now it is telling me I have 17% bf. This is a hand held device where you enter in your height and weight and I assume it measures your blood pressure.


#11

[quote]niko.quest wrote:
good call Vires!

I was trying to say I used the same scale to record my weigh twice, as in, on Day 1 I weighed myself on the scale at home and at the gym to confirm… I did the same on Day 15.

Also my percent body fat was 15.4% when I started. I think the HOT-ROX is effecting the device I used to record body fat percentage because now it is telling me I have 17% bf. This is a hand held device where you enter in your height and weight and I assume it measures your blood pressure.[/quote]

That depends, did you get it from a scientologist?


#12

[quote]niko.quest wrote:
good call Vires!

I was trying to say I used the same scale to record my weigh twice, as in, on Day 1 I weighed myself on the scale at home and at the gym to confirm… I did the same on Day 15.

Also my percent body fat was 15.4% when I started. I think the HOT-ROX is effecting the device I used to record body fat percentage because now it is telling me I have 17% bf. This is a hand held device where you enter in your height and weight and I assume it measures your blood pressure.[/quote]

Those devices are notoriously inaccurate, sorry.


#13

#14

#15