Biotest

Two Week Tune Up

Chris- I completed my first V-Diet on Sept 1’ish and would like some recommendations on a two week tune up cycle. First goal is to reset and remove a couple sugary bad habits that have crept back in , but also I would like to do this “tune up” while maintaining 20-30 miles of running due to a half marathon I am training for.

I am looking for guidance on what type of supplement ordering I should do for this truncated and modified schedule?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really enjoyed my full V-Diet experience.

Thanks Chris!

Adam Towle

For a shorter V-Diet or V-Diet tune-up, something I’ve seen a lot of success with is the incorporation of the Pulse Fast. This could be one once per week, or twice per week with a few days in between each pulse. Info: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/velocity_life/mag10_pulse_fast_1?src=vdiet"target=“new”>Pulse Fast

For your running plans, I’d do a Pulse Fast on a non-running day, or do your run very early on Pulse Fast day.

If you’d prefer not to add in the Pulse Fast, then you could do a V-Diet “Lite” plan – all shakes + one solid meal per day. Basically, the Transition portion of the full V-Diet.

Another idea: All shakes, but use Surge Workout Fuel before and around your training period for running. Then, after lifting, just use MAG-10 rather than Surge Recovery.

On race day, have a full FINiBAR an hour or so before the competition.

So, lots of options here.

Chris:

So I just placed my order and would like some clarity on your post, specifically the below option…

“Another idea: All shakes, but use Surge Workout Fuel before and around your training period for running. Then, after lifting, just use MAG-10 rather than Surge Recovery.”

So, if I understand correctly, in this protocol, you are recommending the 5 shakes a day, 1 meal a week, and the supplements as prescribed before, around, and after my workouts.

Correct?

Thanks and looking forward to jumping into the system again.

Adam

[quote]adamtowle wrote:
Chris:

So I just placed my order and would like some clarity on your post, specifically the below option…

“Another idea: All shakes, but use Surge Workout Fuel before and around your training period for running. Then, after lifting, just use MAG-10 rather than Surge Recovery.”

So, if I understand correctly, in this protocol, you are recommending the 5 shakes a day, 1 meal a week, and the supplements as prescribed before, around, and after my workouts.

Correct?

Thanks and looking forward to jumping into the system again.

Adam [/quote]

That’s basically it. You can even play around with the number of Metabolic Drive shakes. You may want just 4 per day. Or, you may want an extra “pulse” of MAG-10 between shakes.

As a V-Diet vet, feel free to tweak as needed as you go along. You probably have a heightened sense of what I call “body awareness” after a full V-Diet, so play it by ear and adjust on the fly.

Keep me posted on how you’re doing!