Biotest

Tuna Melt

Take the almond flour flatbread recipe from here: http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/lowcarb_flatbread_pizza_crust?pageNo=0

Use rosemary, mustard powder, poppy seeds and sesame seeds for the herbs and spices. Make flatbread, then top with packaged tuna, low-fat cheese, olives etc. Return to oven for a few minutes to melt, then enjoy.

good gawd that looks awesome.

i’m flying solo this weekend and will definitely be trying one of these recipes out. i’ve yet to venture into the world of almond flour.

[quote]cstephens16 wrote:
good gawd that looks awesome.

i’m flying solo this weekend and will definitely be trying one of these recipes out. i’ve yet to venture into the world of almond flour.[/quote]

You are totally missing out. I have been using it for about a year and I make all kinds of stuff with it.

I am going to try the tuna melt, but I gotta say that picture isn’t very appetizing. LOL.

[quote]Icarus wrote:

I am going to try the tuna melt, but I gotta say that picture isn’t very appetizing. LOL.
[/quote]

Agreed! Made it again yesterday. Not exactly “pretty” but darn tasty.

Shown here with butternut squash “chips.”

Close up of “chips.”

What do you mix with tuna for the tuna salad portion of the melt?

[quote]kingsley6 wrote:
What do you mix with tuna for the tuna salad portion of the melt?[/quote]

Mainly just mayo. I try to find a good olive oil based mayo without a lot of extra junk added. Spectrum brand makes one that okay, although I’m going to start making my mayo soon.

You can then add dried dill, pepper, parsley, a hit of lemon juice or zest… whatever you’d like.

Chris giving me a lesson on tuna melt crust… which can also be used as pizza crust.

[quote]Danielle Shugart wrote:
Chris giving me a lesson on tuna melt crust… which can also be used as pizza crust.[/quote]

“Okay Danielle this is a base crust, you can use it for a tuna melt, a philly sammich, pizza crust, or just do what I do and eat it like it’s a really big breadstick.”

To be a fly on a wall, is he a good teacher?

Philly cheese steak or “sammich” sounds awesome!

He’s a great teacher and a very good influence!

I’m an awful one though. I teach him how to dump entire cans of nuts on top of things.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.