Biotest

Trch822's V-Diet - Started 3/30/2009 - Phase 1 Done!

My stats:

heigh: 6’3"
weight: 276.2 lbs.(gym outfit with ipod on my arm lol)

Just finished my work out:

Front Squats 135 pounds
6, 5, 5, 4 could have done about 20lbs more but was focusing on form as its a new exercise for me.

chin up - body weight
6, 3, 2,2,2,1,1,2

bench 75 lb DB

walk out from feet (no ab wheel)

I’ve followed the diet so far and I was so hungry all day long except for an hour after taking the shakes. I know this will subside after the first week(hopefully)

Measurements:

belly button: 43" 42.5

widest point: 44" 43

Thigh 27" 26.5

calf: 17.5" 17.25

neck: 18.5" 18

Bicep(no flex): 16" 15.5

forearm: 13.75" 13.25

chest: 48" 48"

back

side

God I’m fat :frowning:

[quote]trch822 wrote:
God I’m fat :frowning: [/quote]

Well good news is you’re not alone. We’re all fat in one place or another. Thats why we’re all on the V-Diet heh! Glad you started, keep us updated, we’ll be interested in knowing how it works out for you.

Lisa

Welcome aboard!

You mentioned being hungry an hour after a shake. In another thread, I’m advising someone who says he’s too full to get in all of his shakes per day.

So, everyone is different obviously.

But here’s one thing to remember: Your body is well-nourished. A shake has tons of protein, added fiber, good fats, and (in Superfood shakes) the antioxidant equivalent of a garden of vegetables. And you get several of them per day.

So are you truly “hungry” or is it just habit? One thing the V-Diet teaches you is the difference between the two. And you’re right, after a week or so you’ll adjust.

Well Day 2 Done.

My cravings were intense today. My mouth was salivating while I was at the office almost the entire day. I was drinking water to keep my stomach feeling full.

I cam home and there was a Pepe’s Pizza on the counter and this is basically the best pizza in the world.

I resisted and went to the gym to do my NEPA. Did 40 mins on the tread worked up a nice sweat.

I’ll tell you what the natural peanut butter at my before bed meal is the highlight of my day.

This is tougher than I thought it would be but there is no turning back now.

Way to resist. And way to replace the possible binge with a NEPA. No turning back, thats right! Great job :wink:

Day 3

My cravings were better today. I chewed a couple pieces of sugar-free gum between shakes that seemed to help some too.

Wednesday workout:

Reverse Lunge: 40LBS DB

Barbell Row: 165 LBS

Push Pres: 35 LB DB

Curl: 80 LBS

Reverse crunch:

This workout totally kicked my ass. Somewhat spent after the first two exercises but I pushed through when I wanted to quit. Though I need a full 5 minute rest before the Curls.

Yesterday(thursday DAY 4)

Was pretty decent during the work day at the office.

I struggled a bit at night because on thursdays(and saturdays) I work security at a club so I’m on my feet from 9 pm -1 am . This was after my NEPA at the gym and my 4th shake. By 11 pm I was starving. The last 2 hours were a real struggle. I had my before bed shake (scaled down to a single scoop of protein because it was so late at 1:30 am when I got home). I’m going to have to have to bring a shake for Saturday night.

EDIT: how bad is it that i consumed a few drops of zero calorie Tabasco sauce to satiate a craving yesterday??

Oh forgot to add that last night I had my first food dream.

It wasn’t like I was dreaming of going nuts at a las vegas buffet it was quite the opposite. I had like two crackers or something little in the dream and flipped out because I had ruined all my progress and I’d be embarrassed having to post it on here.

Day 5 - Friday work out

Dead lift 225lbs

Decline(I f’d up and didn’t do the decline part) dumbbell bench 70 lb db

Lat pull down 150

walkout

Work out kicked my ass but following the diet wasn’t that bad.

I never noticed how bombarded we are with food. Everywhere I look signs, deals, specials, pictures, smells …FOOD EVERYWHERE I GO!

I got invited to out with friends tonight opting to stay in so I’m not tempted to have any kinds of drinks or late night foods.

[quote]trch822 wrote:

It wasn’t like I was dreaming of going nuts at a las vegas buffet it was quite the opposite. I had like two crackers or something little in the dream and flipped out because I had ruined all my progress and I’d be embarrassed having to post it on here. [/quote]

LOL!

Great workouts so far, close to end of week 1 yet for you?

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
trch822 wrote:

It wasn’t like I was dreaming of going nuts at a las vegas buffet it was quite the opposite. I had like two crackers or something little in the dream and flipped out because I had ruined all my progress and I’d be embarrassed having to post it on here.

LOL!

Great workouts so far, close to end of week 1 yet for you?[/quote]

Yep. Sunday is my HSM…been thinking long and hard about it all week it will be glorious.

Day 6 - Saturday

I went to the Exhibition game at the new Yankee stadium. Most temptation so far. Aromas of Italian sausage, Hebrew national dogs, johnny rockets, pizza, southwester grill, french fries, pretzels, steak and cheese…non stop barrage of food in my face.

I brought my noon and mid afternoon shakes in powder form in ziplocks and remained strong through out.

I brought a before bed shake to the club that night when i was working security and it helped me maintain.

Still hard but its getting easier.

Day 7 - Sunday

V-Burn - 39 minutes

Super Intense!

I also enjoyed my first HSM. It was a heavenly surf n’ turf with grilled asparagus, squash and half a sweet potato(and salad not pictured). Dry seasoned everything lightly only, Drizzled a small amount of EVOO on the salmon.

Day 8 - Monday -

First Measurements:

Weight: 276.2 269 -7.2 Lbs.

belly button: 43" 42.5 -.5

widest point: 44" 43 -1

Thigh 27" 26.5 -.5

calf: 17.5" 17.25 -.25

neck: 18.5" 18 -.5

Bicep(no flex): 16" 15.5 -.5

forearm: 13.75" 13.25 -.5

chest: 48" 48" 0

I hope I can keep up this progress.