Biotest

Transitioners Daily Check-In

Daily checkin…

• Weight down to 207 (239 before starting VDiet)

• Did my track work again this morning.

4 x 200 (I’ve shaved :04 seconds off my PR!)
8 x 100

10 min of 50-yarders

• Biggest thing I’m amazed about is how I feel like my awful sweet tooth has been cured. Now I really look forward to my HSMs and don’t really have any desire to cheat. Sure it’s tough when there are donuts in teh breakroom here at work, but it’s so much easier to resist now.

• Something hit me yesterday when I was reading about the Get Shredded program by Waterbury. He talked about how that intense program should really only be attempted once a year or even once every two years, after long periods of healthy eating and training, with slow steady progress. I was considering doing another VDiet this summer, but I think what would be better for me right now is just to try and establish a long term pattern of healthy food choices and training, and not really doing any ‘program’ per se. In the past I’ve been a classic yo-yo, going on and off ‘programs’ like Body for Life, BodyRX, or pick your fav ‘program’ from a muscle mag. I now (thanks to Chris and all of you) know and understand the principles of success, now I need to make it my lifestyle. Maybe next year I can do VDiet again, or even Get Shredded [if I can get my BF% down near 10%], but for now, it’s time to be a turtle – slow and steady progress, consistency.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Starting to implement Berardi’s PN principals into my diet…buying food today (grocery stores scare me)…learning to cook is fun…[/quote]

Hey VT! wow, you’re stats are awesome! Great job! And I hate grocery stores too! How weird for a housewife huh? My husband usually goes, but really it’s b/c he has control issues with money! I hate grocery shopping!

What’s the whole PN thing about? I’m reading Tosca Reno’s The Eat Clean Diet. It’s got a lot of really good tips in it, and good recipes.

Weight this morning: 121 yay, me! I am now allowed to eat a HSM tonight! Yay! The scary thing was that the damn scale kept flickering between 120 and 121, when it finally settled on 121 I was like, “Gaaahhhh you bastard!”

So the plan will be to eat a healthy dinner tonight, back on track tomorrow.

3 more days 'til I can walk!!!

Good for y’all doin so well and still losing. Im impressed and jealous (since I havent lost on the V-Diet at all- still up 5 or so)Im very interested in what yall are doing. Im probably going to follow Penny’s plan a bit and do more shake days with hsm every other day for a bit since I feel like I wasted 2 weeks.

Im still on day 25, but very much looking forward to transition. Im bored and want to cook.

Keep up the good work!

Two days left, so I’ve figured on a plan of action afterwards. It’s pretty simple, really:

• Basic carb cycling, without worrying much about overall calories, but will likely continue the second week of transition diet for the most part.

• Start loading with creatine on Monday for muscle building phase

• Surge workout fuel for workouts, which are going to follow the Get Big section of Huge In Hurry.

• Surge Recovery and creatine for post workout.

Simple I think, and meets my goal of putting on more muscle while hopefully still getting some fat loss.

Also have doctor on May 7, to get some final blood numbers, which I am REALLY looking forward to.

Thoughts, transitioners?

Kellster

Hey Kellster! I think your plan sounds great! Sounds like you’re itching to put on some mass…go for it! I’m interested in the carb cycling, it is difficult to follow?

Art-I wish my husband would train me! Or anyone training me for free would be awesome! The weight room at the gym is intimidating at first, but tell your wife it gets better. Once the guys see you regularly, and know that you mean business they don’t notice and don’t care all that much. Although it seems like some guys are just there to train their upper body and flirt, while other guys are so focused they’re hardly looking around to notice at all! After you start to get familiar with the layout and the weights, you realize no one’s paying any attention. It gets easier!

Weight: 123–that was some HSM! I ate like a champ, two small chicken breasts (yes, two, you gotta problem?) and tons of brocolli, and a cesar salad with balsamic on the side. And…a cookie from Paradise Bakery, c’mon, I was dying for one!

Took a small walk with the family this morning. It felt good to get out and walk! I tried to keep my arms at my sides for the most part–I still have a little tweakiness on the sides of my boobs, so I was careful.

So I’m shakin’ it today, and have a dinner party to go to on Sunday night, but I’m fasting that day so that shouldn’t affect too much. Of course it’s a pasta bar party–SUCK! So I’ll probably just stick with the salad, I’m hoping there’s some chicken for chicken alfredo, so I’ll just stick that on my salad or something. I’m making garlic bread for it, so I’ll probably have one piece of that and no dessert!

[quote]Kellster wrote:

• Basic carb cycling, without worrying much about overall calories, but will likely continue the second week of transition diet for the most part.

• Start loading with creatine on Monday for muscle building phase

• Surge workout fuel for workouts, which are going to follow the Get Big section of Huge In Hurry.

• Surge Recovery and creatine for post workout.

Simple I think, and meets my goal of putting on more muscle while hopefully still getting some fat loss. [/quote]

Carb cycling seems to be the new “fad”, but it makes complete sense (I’m gonna be doing it too). Your take on not worrying too much about overall calories is good… in the beginning. Bottom line, listen to your body. If you start gaining too much fat, be more diligent in tracking your intake. If you feel too tired and/or aren’t making any strength/muscle gains, eat more!

I’m also going to start adding the creatine back in. Basically, my peri-workout stack will include vitamin C, BCAAs, whey isolate, creatine, and glutamine. If my wallet can handle it, I’ll also throw in some Surge Workout Fuel and ReceptorMax.

@Penny: carb-cycling is whatever you make of it. If you’re used to eating a lot of starchy carbs, it might be tough to get the hang of it for the first few weeks. If not, then it shouldn’t be too difficult to transition into it.

A few helpful articles on carb-cycling:

The last one is the most detailed (aka can be confusing), but it’s very helpful.

[quote]firmgrrrl wrote:
The weight room at the gym is intimidating at first, but tell your wife it gets better. Once the guys see you regularly, and know that you mean business they don’t notice and don’t care all that much. [/quote]

Yeah, thanks. Actually we found another room at the Y where they just have some dumbbells and a bench w/incline. She’s much more comfortable in there. I think once she get’s into it, she’ll want to venture into the main weight room (aka the ‘grunting room’ as she puts it).

Checking in after the weekend. I ate very clean last week so I allowed myself some freedom on Saturday for breakfast at a friends house…ham & chz quiche, breakfast sausage, some fruit, and a couple choc chip pancakes! But I didn’t overdo it [big step for me], and was clean the rest of the day. I love my new outlook on eating. Last night was my wife’s first HSM for her VDiet so we made it a good one…grilled filet mignon, steamed broccoli, spinach salad w/walnuts and tomatoes and olive oil dressing. Delicious!

This morning was more interval track work. This is a tough workout when I haven’t had any carbs since noon the previous day…Wow.

Looking forward to getting my Waterbury book in the mail this week so I can start on his training plan.

Hey, thanks Joe. I especially loved the second article; it kept things really simple. Makes sense.

Weight: 124!!!YIKES! Of course this is water weight from the extra carbs I ate 2 days in a row. Why? Because that’s what life had in store for me this weekend, and that’s the way it goes.

Had a stellar day today. All shakes on time, and peeing like a race horse, so that is good! Hope to see two pounds lost hopefully by tomorrow.

I can briskly walk today, so that’s what I did. Just going to do what feels like nepas until I can get a little more serious in my training. Have a follow-up appt. next tues. so I’ll ask him specifically how strenuously I can workout.

Officially a transitioner now! Yeah! 14.25 inches lost, 3 pounds gained. No idea how that happened.

Ive now gotten a Morton’s neuroma in both feet! So much fun :slight_smile: My nepa walk was ssssslllloooooowwww. Poor Nathan had to keep slowing down for me. Im still all shakes until Saturday, feel like unfinished biznez.

Everyone I run into makes a comment about me looking good, so thats satisfying. Ive just got to feel comfortable that I will be able to keep it up and keep gaining strides in toning. I just dont know that much about it having not lifted since working out with my first husbands football teammates back in college. Got some learnin to do!

I am offically that person who is forcing everyone to get in shape around me. So much fun!

My goals now are to shrink my arms some more, I want 1.5 inches more off my hips and another inch off each thigh and to tighten up the belly portion. I may not have the tummy tuck if I can do this :slight_smile:

Hey Sara! What’s Morton’s Neuroma? You poor thing, I hope everything’s going okay for you! Sounds like you’ll be hobbling along with me! he!he! Oh, and congrats on the inches lost! Wow! That is fantastic; you’ve got to be so proud of yourself. Who cares what that damn scale says anyway when you’re losing inches?

Okay so weight: 123, I’m on my way back down.

The plan is to shake it until Sun. which is Mother’s day and a day I know I’ll be eating and will want to eat. Hopefully shakin’ it six days will bring me below 121? That’s what I would like to see since I can’t lift right now. Tryin’ like mad to keep this weight off!

Going to take a walk today as well, I’m hoping to go for an hour.

[quote]firmgrrrl wrote:
Hey Sara! What’s Morton’s Neuroma?

[/quote]

They are pinched nerves between toes 3 & 4. The fact I got them on both feet at the same time is crazy, but I think it was my shoes and all the tennis in the last 2 weeks.

I hate the scale. It is my enemy. Its strange, because my jeans fit better, but I dont think I would wear a size smaller. and my boobs my poor tiny boobs… need smaller bras.

You will get back down. dont stress about it cause that wont help at all!

Well, Sara my boobs have gotten bigger and my hips have gotten smaller since I transitioned. My weight has stayed the same and I have probably lost about 5 inches. In fact, I am ahead of schedule for my triathlon training.

Looks like everyone is doing well! Keep up the good work.

BTW, I kinda miss my shakes.

Michael

I’m pretty discouraged right now. Just got back from the doc and I’ve got a bone fragment in my thumb from softball last night. It hurts like the devil and it’s in a splint right now. I’m really in the zone on training and will now be hampered by this for a few weeks so I’m trying to figure out what I can and can’t do. Suck.

Also I was stressed last night working on a presentation that was due today so I ate a bunch of chocolate chips. I guess I am still vulnerable. Not a good couple days but I need to talk about it and find the strength to fight thru instead of retreating into a bad place.

Rebounded from chocolate binge the other night with a strong nutrition and training day yesterday. Doing great so far today. Training session was track intervals again. 200 time has plateaued. 100 felt much faster. Tomorrow weight training should be interesting with busted mitt. I’m determined to fight through it.

As long as you can train enough to get you on track you should rebound fairly quickly

As long as you can train enough to get you on track you should rebound fairly quickly

Daily checkin: Played racquetball this morning for the first time in about 20 yrs with a friend. I was rusty, but I kept up pretty well and felt like I had a lot more quickness (being down 35 lbs probably has something to do with that). Still need to do my weight training session tonight as well. Nutrition going well for the past 24 hrs.

Daily check-in: woke up 20 minutes before kids school started. got them up, fed and out the door with the science project in 10 minutes. Came home made shake 1, brushed teeth and ran out to work, my 9 am apt didnt show, worked til 10:45, ran got drinks at Publix, home by 11:00, made shake 2, downed it as I drove to neighbors for tennis team luncheon. Drank 3 20 oz bottles of water as the rest of the girls sipped on mojitos and corona. Had 2 bites of chicken salad and a coupla pieces of water melon. Home by 2:30, made a shake, met school bus, began massive cleaning. Cleaned everything including the garage out for the next 5 hours. Made dinner for kids and shake for me left it to cool and went on nepa walk with 3 kids and a dog, all kids to bed by 9pm. Sore feet up eating peanut butter and sucking down some yummy ionic fizz. aaaah. relaxing.

So, certainly that was all tmi, but oh well. Just checking in with my glamorous life. :slight_smile:

Checkin: Although I was a bit worried about what the bone chip in thumb would prevent me from doing last night during training, I was pleasantly surprised that there were lots of exercises I could do. Pullups: no problem. Machine bench instead of dumbbell bench, RDLs: no problem. Hanging leg raises: a bit tougher…found I had to grip with only my four fingers on my left hand, which meant I had to do less reps.

Couldn’t do barbell curls so I did hammer instead, which were fine. BTW, it had been a long time since I’d done any curls, and I really noticed some extra veins and muscle sinew popping thru. Amazing what less BF will do for the ol physique :slight_smile:

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.