Biotest

Transition Questions

I know you’ve had similar questions before, but these are for me, I’m going into transition phase here in a couple of days, it looks like I’m supposed to replace my dinner shake with the super food and flax with a HSM correct? So cut those supplements at this time and then in a week 2 add the second HSM does that mean cut the other shake with these same supplements too? Then do I continue the other supplements with the other shakes?

I read in another place that you said there’s no need to count calories here but I’m a wannabe figure athlete that’s my dream even at 32 yrs and I would like to keep heading this direction but I need good advice, so really should I be counting calories and putting my foods in the same % ratios?

One more question I included my wannabe picture, I know I’m realistically far away from figure, but where should I go from here after transition, should I plan another V-Diet or another version of it, or should I go to another plan to keep heading towards my dream? I’m just making plans and want to have it ready so there’s no down time and loss of momentum.

Thanks Chris

1. You can cut 1 or 2 shakes after you start eating HSMs. It’s really up to you. Some find their HSM so filling that they decrease shake intake by 2 per day. Play it by ear. You can also cut the flax and nut butter, but keep taking the other supplements. Things like Flameout and Superfood should be daily supplements for those who care about their health and physique.

2. Keep a food log if you don’t yet have the instincts to eat naturally. That’s not an insult, BTW, it just takes experience to do that. Some need a food log to keep them on track. Lonnie Lowery’s latest article should help you too: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/train_more_or_eat_less

3. Way too many variables for me to tell you where to go next. That’s up to you. If stuck, get a consultation with someone like Shelby Starnes and take the guesswork out.

I do and have in the past counted the calories and put my ptn carbs and good fats into ratio’s, I know what the good foods are and I’ve kept food logs for sure and broken down the grams and such and have done it consistently. How do I get a consult with Shelby Starnes?

[quote]djt3627 wrote:
I do and have in the past counted the calories and put my ptn carbs and good fats into ratio’s, I know what the good foods are and I’ve kept food logs for sure and broken down the grams and such and have done it consistently. How do I get a consult with Shelby Starnes?[/quote]

http://www.shelbystarnes.com/index.html

On transition week 1 of my V-Diet, I have my HSM at dinner time 6:00, I usually eat a chicken breast and alot of green veges such as zucchini, asparagus, and green peppers all grilled, due to the phase 1 bootcamp, I really load up on the veges, when 9:00 or nighttime shake rolls around I’m still really full, should I go ahead and have the protein shake in order to better my composition, or cut it out?

Thank you!

Most of the time, HSMs feel very filling after the 28-day strict phase of the V-Diet. You can cut one or even two shakes out during Transition.

So sure, skip it, or just use one scoop of protein if the HSM is very filling.

Hi again, tomorrow I start transition week so excited and I’m going to add in my 2nd HSM using eggs and some other things, in the past I’ve always just had egg whites but I thought I saw something in one of these articles about eating the whole egg, so just wondering what your thoughts are.

Thanks!!

Nothing wrong with whole eggs at all. Yolks do add calories but the fats in them are good and good for you.

Hello again, so I’m well into transition week 2 eating 2 HSM’s, my system seems to have slowed down, I don’t know if it’s bloated or puffy from water retention. I do a breakfast shake 1st with leucine, super food, and the FA3 and Flameout, then HSM which is eggs broccoli or Okra and either small portion of fruit or sweet potato, then another shake with everything but super food, then HSM of chicken usually with alot of zucchini and green peppers all grilled, then a night shake if I’m feeling hungry.

That’s my diet right now so I don’t know why I feel this way, I feel like my fingers are puffy and other places, feeling this way makes me feel like I can’t progress any further because it’s in the way, I’m trying to figure out what I cut out or am missing from the whole v-diet that helped me pass off all the water.

Thanks so much!!

Just curious, why did you decide to do 2 HSMs per day for your transition phase?

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:
Just curious, why did you decide to do 2 HSMs per day for your transition phase? [/quote]

I thought the literature said in transition week 1 you incorporate 1 HSM daily then week 2 you incorporate 2 HSM’s daily and that’s what I’m doing, did I miss something or read something wrong? It wouldn’t surprise me.

[quote]djt3627 wrote:

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:
Just curious, why did you decide to do 2 HSMs per day for your transition phase? [/quote]

I thought the literature said in transition week 1 you incorporate 1 HSM daily then week 2 you incorporate 2 HSM’s daily and that’s what I’m doing, did I miss something or read something wrong? It wouldn’t surprise me.
[/quote]

No, I went back and checked and you are right. I don’t know if they changed that since I did the diet…