Biotest

Transition Questions

I am currently in the first week of the transition phase.

1. Was wondering for my one HSM, is it possible to eat too many vegggies? Current typical HSM as follows…

8oz chicken breast
3c baby spinach or lettuce
2c chopped red/green peppers and onions
1c cauliflower
1 tbs EVOO w/ 2tbs balsalmic vinegar

I just ABSOLUTELY CRAVE veggies/salad and chicken now!!!

1. Should HIIT “cardio” be re-introduced now? Perhaps subbed in for 1 NEPA walk on a non weight training day?

2. I was/am taking 5g of creatine w/ my post workout Surge on weight training days only. Should I not be doing this?

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

Hey Mark

I think caloric intake is more important than what is adding up to make it…taking into consideration you don’t want to skew your macronutrient intake either. So I wouldn’t worry about the veggies as long as the calories arn’t out of proportion.

Shugs has said (I think)that 2 to 3 sessions of HIIT could be used instead of the NEPA walks in the transition phase and beyond.

I think the creatine intake is up to you but if you are going to take it I would take 5g/day. I usually throw it in my morning shake.

BD

[quote]ExPro79 wrote:
I am currently in the first week of the transition phase.

1. Was wondering for my one HSM, is it possible to eat too many vegggies? Current typical HSM as follows…

8oz chicken breast
3c baby spinach or lettuce
2c chopped red/green peppers and onions
1c cauliflower
1 tbs EVOO w/ 2tbs balsalmic vinegar

I just ABSOLUTELY CRAVE veggies/salad and chicken now!!!

[/quote]

As long as the veggies are steamed or prepared without additional calories (some restaurants cover them with butter/sugar blends), then it’s hard to overeat most veggies, especially green veggies, leafy veggies, cauliflower, etc.

For one thing, most veggies aren’t calorically dense. You can eat a pile of broccoli for very few calories, plus the fiber is filling to boot.

Second, the V-Diet usually cures overeating: you simply get full faster and are less likely to stuff yourself.

So, have all the veggies you want.

That’s fine. I do 5g of creatine in my Surge all the time. Creatine is only tricky when someone starts it DURING the V-Diet. Assuming it’s plain, non-caloric creatine (not those creatine-in-Kool-Aide mixtures) it’s fine, but it may jack with your scale weight readings (water weight), which can be mentally hard to deal with for the hardcore dieter.

I actually did start taking creatine post workouts when I started the V-Diet. I never seemed to respond to creatine in the past. Not sure if it’s doing anything now either. I do tend to hold water normally, so perhaps I’ll drop it. It’s Biotest by the way.

Thought I read somewhere on this site that it actually “helps” when dieting.

Thanks again for replies.

-Mark

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

As long as the veggies are steamed or prepared without additional calories (some restaurants cover them with butter/sugar blends), then it’s hard to overeat most veggies, especially green veggies, leafy veggies, cauliflower, etc.

For one thing, most veggies aren’t calorically dense. You can eat a pile of broccoli for very few calories, plus the fiber is filling to boot.

Second, the V-Diet usually cures overeating: you simply get full faster and are less likely to stuff yourself.

So, have all the veggies you want.

1. Should HIIT “cardio” be re-introduced now? Perhaps subbed in for 1 NEPA walk on a non weight training day?

I don’t think cardio is necessary at all really, assuming healthy eating and hard weight training. But I do a day or two per week anyway as an FFB.

HIIT 2-3 times per week is fine during and after the Transition. And, like veggies, it’s hard to overdo NEPA. A mixture of both is cool for Transition and post-Transition.

1. I was/am taking 5g of creatine w/ my post workout Surge on weight training days only. Should I not be doing this?

That’s fine. I do 5g of creatine in my Surge all the time. Creatine is only tricky when someone starts it DURING the V-Diet. Assuming it’s plain, non-caloric creatine (not those creatine-in-Kool-Aide mixtures) it’s fine, but it may jack with your scale weight readings (water weight), which can be mentally hard to deal with for the hardcore dieter.

[/quote]

in response to the veggies…before the v-diet i could put down probably 2 heads of RAW broccoli just because i loved the taste of it…weird i know…so i never had a problem with craving veggies.

But if i was to eat a pound or 2 of broccoli, i really am wondering if that is going to impact fat loss/maintenance of leanness. i mean i really could put back a TON of veggies.

before the v-diet i got upwards of 65g fiber per day. i ALWAYS ate salad w/ 1 of 3 dressings: a little cal free walden farms, very small amt of oil and red v if i wasn’t having nuts with it, or just red v if i was.

so some of my salads ending up being around 10 cups or so. i never put carrots in them either not that they’re bad i just don’t really like em. i’m wondering if that much salad impacts fat loss. probably not but i thought i would ask.