Biotest

Training Timing and Nutrition

Hey,

I read for a while and didn’t see this covered. Is there an optimal time to train on lifting days? I prefer going first thing in the am before work. Also with the shakes, what would be the best way to work those in on an early training session?

Thanks.

[quote]jdbag42 wrote:
Hey,

I read for a while and didn’t see this covered. Is there an optimal time to train on lifting days? I prefer going first thing in the am before work. Also with the shakes, what would be the best way to work those in on an early training session?

Thanks. [/quote]

First, you don’t want to train “empty.” Weight training in a fasted state all but halts results. So ideally, you’d have one shake “in you” before lifting.

Another option is to have half the Surge immediately prior to the workout, then have the rest after. That’s a good option for those who train first thing in the AM.

Thanks for the response Chris. That’s what I figured but just wanted to check so I can max my progress. Also when I split the surge for AM training, do you recomend waiting 30-45 min after finishing the workout to take my first shake or is it better to take it right off the bat? I know it’s a pretty simple question but I’m new to peri-workout nutrition timing. Thanks for taking time to help me out.

30-45 minutes is fine, no worries.