Biotest

Train Like a MOFO = Binge Like a MOFO

Hi Chris,

So yesterday I went back to grappling and did a one hour wrestling class followed by 2 hours of straight no-gi jiu jitsu rolling (more grappling). Every muscle in my entire body is pounding with the DOMS.

This is the first time in 1.5 years that I’ve done grappling HARD and I live a sedentary lifestyle normally where on average I consume about 2000 to 2500 calories. I’m 220 lbs (a little chubby (fat people say I’m skinny)) and I’m 5’11".

Today I counted my calories and ate about ~5500 calories.
Carbs 376g
Protein 297g
Fat 310g
Alcohol 30g

Also, I won’t be doing this kind of calorie intake on a regular basis - it was someone’s birthday and day one of my calorie log.

TLDR: I grappled to exhaustion yesterday and ate like a pig today, albeit a very balanced diet despite the over eating, slice of chocolate cake and glass of whiskey.

How bad would you say this kind of binge-eating is for me?

Binge eating is often glorified and even recommended by many bodybuilder-types and wannabes, but it is in fact classified as an eating disorder by the DSM-V.

And we’re running an article soon about how chronic overeating (perma-bulking) leads to anabolic resistance and leptin resistance. In short, it’s a slippery slope that could lead to a lifetime of disordered eating and of course an unhealthy, too-fat, under-performing body.

There’s simply never a positive benefit to eating crap foods, other than the immediate pleasure, which is itself a false signal. (See the book “The End of Overeating” for details.) Every time you do it it’s a step backward or at least a temporary halting of progress.

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to reading the article.