Biotest

Too Full on the V-Diet

Hello, I just started the diet today! I am finding myself really full. I am having a very hard time drinking the five shakes (6 today bec it was a workout day). I really want this to work and don’t want to deviate from the diet, but I wanted to know if it would be ok to miss one of the shakes, or even use less water to mix and drink a glass of water after? I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

I’m not a guru but I think you are over analyzing this. What you plan to do sounds very reasonable and I don’t see how that could change the results of the V-Diet too much if at all.

1. Try using less water, I make my shakes thick and down them

2. If the above fails you can try remove 1, thats ONE scoop from your daily total. Any more and you risk too little calories/protein.

3. Suck it up and drink them, seriously I don’t mean this one to sound mean, but sometimes you just need to force yourself so you adjust. Good luck

I think corstijeir said it best above. That my usual advice: drop one scoop of protein but no more, and yes, you can play with the water/ice content as much as you want.

In the end, feeling full on an extreme fat loss diet isn’t the worst thing in the world, right? Nice problem to have.

I wish I was too full on the V-Diet…

I have a horrible problem right now of being to full as well…ive missed 1 shake 2 days in a row bcuz i just dont need it and am really friken full…its always one of the onse at the end of the day. I will try to force it down today

[quote]EagleDevin wrote:
I have a horrible problem right now of being to full as well…ive missed 1 shake 2 days in a row bcuz i just dont need it and am really friken full…its always one of the onse at the end of the day. I will try to force it down today[/quote]

Never skip out on the last shake of the day. The last and first shake are 2 of the most important.

If you’re too full I’d cut back on the water intake. It’s honestly the best way. Make the shake super thick and drink it like a milk shake ( make it ice cold too )

Honestly i only mix 4 oz of water with shakes then drink a ton of water after…and i dont skip the last meal i usually skip the dinner one…which i know aint good either

Thank you for all the advise. Things got better, I just dropped the amount of water I used, then I drank plain water after. I have even felt hungry a couple of times:) and yes this definitely is not the worst problem to have. Thanks again for all your help

I wish I had that problem…

I’ve never really liked the taste of any of the MD shakes, and now after drinking them for only 3 days straight, I dread drinking the next one. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit right now. (how am I going to get through all 28 days???) I’m following the diet to a T and have already seen 6lbs drop off. Just downing the shakes is my problem. Loading them up with cinnamon helps a little tho.

Anyone have any suggestions?

[quote]BARDUKE wrote:

I’ve never really liked the taste of any of the MD shakes, and now after drinking them for only 3 days straight, I dread drinking the next one. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit right now. (how am I going to get through all 28 days???) I’m following the diet to a T and have already seen 6lbs drop off. Just downing the shakes is my problem. Loading them up with cinnamon helps a little tho.

Anyone have any suggestions?[/quote]

Make them thin and sip, make them thick and chug.

Hold your nose.

Use davinci flavorings to change the flavor.

Blend thick with ice, eat with spoon

Make sure they are freezing cold.

[quote]BARDUKE wrote:

Not sure if you like coffee but you could probably use that in place of water. Any of the other ‘fall’ spices would probably work too if you like cinnamon (cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin or apple pie spice, etc.)

Don’t take this the wrong way, but why did you decide to do a diet that was comprised mainly of something you never really liked?

[quote]BARDUKE wrote:

Not sure if you like coffee but you could probably use that in place of water. Any of the other ‘fall’ spices would probably work too if you like cinnamon (cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin or apple pie spice, etc.)

Don’t take this the wrong way, but why did you decide to do a diet that was comprised mainly of something you never really liked?

Could anyone describe how good or bad the shakes taste please? I’ll be starting soon and want to know what I’m getting into!

[quote]mcwisehart wrote:
Could anyone describe how good or bad the shakes taste please? I’ll be starting soon and want to know what I’m getting into![/quote]

If you’re used to eating like shit, you probably wont like them.

If you’re used to eating good clean foods you’ll love them.

No other real way to put it. It’ll cleanse your palette and get you craving the good whole goods again.

Even if you don’t like the taste, choke it down till you love it. You will be glad you did.

I don’t eat any processed food like bread or stuff like that but I really hate vegetables!

I eat very cleanly - lean meat, a lot of fresh non-starchy vegetables, no processed food, except a very limited amount of whole grain stuff, Greens+, fish oil - basically John Berardi’s Precision Nutrition.

I’m about a week into the V-diet, and have been very strictly following it. The shakes aren’t awful, but they don’t taste like good real food, that’s for sure, and I really dislike artificial sweeteners. Also, the Flameout caps are pretty fishy compared to the Nordic Naturals fish oil caps I’ve been taking the last couple of years. I feel like my tongue is coated with a layer of nasty sucralose, my stomach feels a little weird like it does if I eat something that has sugar alcohols in it (not that the shakes do, but my stomach feels the same), I’m having chocolate-banana-fish burps. I’m hoping I’m bottoming out here psychologically and I’ll start getting used to it and soon will be more psyched up to push through. I guess I need to kick into Army mode and get through the mental challenge of this the way I got through basic training, airborne school, and air assault school 20+ years ago.

On the upside, I’ve lost 4 or 5 pounds, and I am happy with the HOT-ROX - a good boost, but not too much. I like the workouts too. I’ve already seen a fairly significant improvement in the dips from the first Monday to the second Monday.

I’m in the same spot as BARDUKE. I’m on day 3 of this diet and there’s no quitting now, however I’m quickly learning how I like and do not like my shakes. My husband and I are doing this together, he prefers the “chug and over with” method whereas I feel like I’m just going to regurgitate it back up if I even try to do that so I have to take it nice and easy.

I do prefer them blended over just mixing with water so I’m planning on getting one of those portable blenders or stealing our magic bullet from home and bringing it to work since 75% of my shakes are drank there. It’s been tough yet I’m slowly seeing the ease of this and I look forward sooo much more to a nice, juicy steak and veggies than I ever did before.

My only issue as well is getting so full to where I really feel as though I can’t drink any more until it starts coming out of my nose and ears! My method in overcoming this has just been taking a little longer to drink them and taking my time. Once I get done, I “treat” myself with a nice glass of water and a fiber tablet. I’m hoping I can pull through these next few weeks!

Does anyone have any troubles swallowing the pills?? I find it harder and harder to swallow the pills every day. Before the V-Diet I would take my fish oils and vitamins with unsweetened applesauce, so its really hard for me to do it with water.

Also, can we still take a multivitamin on this diet?

[quote]mcwisehart wrote:
Does anyone have any troubles swallowing the pills?? I find it harder and harder to swallow the pills every day. Before the V-Diet I would take my fish oils and vitamins with unsweetened applesauce, so its really hard for me to do it with water.

Also, can we still take a multivitamin on this diet?[/quote]

No problem with the multi, but sounds like a subconscious with pills. They aren’t that big. I take all 4 at once.