Biotest

To Those Who Have Failed

Over the past few months, at least since July 14th when I did the V-Diet, many folks here have come and gone. Many have completed the diet with great success and are happy for the new outlook on life. More have failed. The failure rate here is huge. Why? This is hard. It requires a committed effort to achieve committed goals from a serious person who studies this whole ordeal and then prepares to do battle. It can’t be done on a whim. I have not been 100% faithful after my transition but I got back on track quickly.

At 51 I weigh less than I have in 10+ years, have dropped 5+ inches off my gut, 4+ off my waist and have folks wanting ME to help them with their battle too. This does work. Others here doing the VD right now will gladly help in boosting you if you are in a struggle. WE ALL STRUGGLE!!! It’s why we are here. I’ve lurked for awhile after the official diet to see how others are doing. I still workout, still drink the shakes, still watch what I am doing and will have to a long, long time. Its not 28 days and done. Those 28 days are tough and are just the start of it all.

The program works. Read all you can. Set a date. Do the measurements, do the pictures, do the diet and the workouts and see results. If you don’t do some due diligence you are apt to fail because you are not prepared. Be prepared to succeed.

Those of you still in the game, push on and keep going.
Those of you who just quit…slap yourself silly and start back. Do not accept no as an option.

I always wonder why people start this diet when they always quit when it gets tough. It isn’t easy, it sucks, its very rough. The question is, are the results worth the effort to you?

Personally, I thought the 28 days was the easy part. The transition is harder, because you get hungry more. And it’s harder to keep the calories in check when eating solid foods.

It’s just a lot more work to eat healthy than it is to drink shakes all day. Don’t kid yourselves, the real work comes after the diet is over. Nice kickstart, though.

There are also those of us who go on the diet, but don’t really post all that much. That may add to the illusion that the failure rate is high, whether it is or isn’t. I posted maybe twice before I started. I went on to complete the diet but didn’t post my results ( I actually meant to - sorry ).

I lost 20 pounds exactly, 4 inches off my midsection, and I’m still working out like a demon. Feeling very strong and so much more healthy. Cheers!

You’ve got to want it. I completed 3 weeks successfully until I was told that I had to stop. 3 weeks of no cheating and faithful workouts. PLUS I lost 3 inches off of my waist and 10 lbs.

I have actually started with the V-Diet. I don’t need to but I’m supporting a friend who wanted to do it. It’s not that hard. Yeah there is temptation, but c’mon there is always temptation in daily life.

Side notes are that in my opinion Metabolic Drive is not the only whey protein that works. I’m seeing results with a balanced 100% whey protein compound consisting of not just Whey but also large amounts of Leucine.

I have been losing a pound a day. I have been on the diet for only a few days, but it’s worth it. The food dreams are kinda sick, but I’m here to support my friend. I seem to not get hungry at all when on solid food (crappy solid food) I was always hungry. Anyhow, I think him and I will make it and I’ll post the before and after pics…CHEERS!

[quote]Ethnogenist wrote:
I have actually started with the V-Diet. I don’t need to but I’m supporting a friend who wanted to do it. It’s not that hard. Yeah there is temptation, but c’mon there is always temptation in daily life.

Side notes are that in my opinion Metabolic Drive is not the only whey protein that works. I’m seeing results with a balanced 100% whey protein compound consisting of not just Whey but also large amounts of Leucine.

I have been losing a pound a day. I have been on the diet for only a few days, but it’s worth it. The food dreams are kinda sick, but I’m here to support my friend. I seem to not get hungry at all when on solid food (crappy solid food) I was always hungry. Anyhow, I think him and I will make it and I’ll post the before and after pics…CHEERS![/quote]

You should probably do your homework. This is not a whey protein diet.

I failed – sort of. I started great then 2 weeks in I tore a ligament in my ankle and have been struggling since.

I have had pretty good results from continuing to lift and eating properly. I have stuck with the shakes and have gradually moved up to two shakes a day.

I have maintained my looses and gains at the 3.5 week mark. I am currently rehabing my ankle and did my first dead lifts and front squats this week. it has been 5 weeks since i tore my ankle up.

I am now training really hard and eating right - will get through the Holidays and will be by the book for a full 6 weeks – to get ready for spring and summer!

I failed – sort of. I started great then 2 weeks in I tore a ligament in my ankle and have been struggling since.

I have had pretty good results from continuing to lift and eating properly. I have stuck with the shakes and have gradually moved up to two shakes a day.

I have maintained my looses and gains at the 3.5 week mark. I am currently rehabing my ankle and did my first dead lifts and front squats this week. it has been 5 weeks since i tore my ankle up.

I am now training really hard and eating right - will get through the Holidays and will be by the book for a full 6 weeks – to get ready for spring and summer!

Oh geez, that ankle is still off? But I don’t consider you a failure. I think you are more of a slap in the face to those who quit without reason. Happy to hear you stuck with it as best you could! That’s motivation!

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
Oh geez, that ankle is still off? But I don’t consider you a failure. I think you are more of a slap in the face to those who quit without reason. Happy to hear you stuck with it as best you could! That’s motivation!
[/quote]

Thanks so much.

Its been a while since I have posted anything but reading this made me want to. This is a tough journey and it isnt for everyone. While I was doing my V-Diet I had a friend of mine try it and he lasted less than 24 hours and said the cravings were too much. I lost track of my postings within the last week or so due to job issues but I managed to finish the diet successfully and had great results. It was definitely one of the harder things I have done but it was well worth it.

To those who are looking to start this journey…do your research and create a game plan as 69goatman stated above. Also, be aware that once you finish this diet the transition phase is just as important. Either go by the book or don’t call it the V-Diet because there are no substitutes and those that worked their butts off and stayed true to the program dont want other imitators saying they accomplished the same.

Once you have taken on the challenge and completed it, you then belong to a small minority of people who can be considered successful V-Dieters. Its a great accomplishment so just commit to it and enjoy the results.