Biotest

Tips from a Successful 2-Time V-Dieter

I did the V-Diet twice: Feb-07 and Feb-08.
My numbers were similar each time…
Height: 5’8"
Weight: Start: 172, End: 160
BF: Start: 18% End: 14%

1. At first, weight drops quickly but %BF drops slowly.

2. One reason you want to complete the 4-weeks is that the longer you go, the weight loss slows down, but the FAT LOSS speeds up.

3. Plain Surge tastes awful at first. Way too sweet. After a week, it tastes heavenly as your body and taste buds welcome the carbs!

4. Add cocoa powder and/or cinnamon to Surge or any Metabolic Drive shakes for a no calorie variety.

5. Experiment by mixing different flavors of Metabolic Drive: Choco-Banana, Choco-Strawberry, Orange-Banana, etc. are delicious!

6. Metabolic Drive shakes are more filling than most small food meals. Although you will miss flavor (mostly salt) and chewing, you will be full after Metabolic Drive shakes.

7. Weekends are hard. They were hard for me because I was not working and the tempation to snack was more than any other time. Especially Friday and Saturday nights.

8. For me, the post-V-Diet transision was difficult the 2nd time I did the program. Once I started eating again I had to really buckle down to avoid binging on junk. The 2nd time around my taste for junk increased, rather than decreased - sorry Chris.

9. Do NOT run during the V-Diet. You will over fatigue yourslef and likely sacrifice muscle. Just walk fast. The long walks were the hardest part for me. I thinking walking is extremely boring, even with music. I’m an impatient person who would prefer to run.

10. As I read somewhere on this forum, I’ll second the suggestion to get a hobby. Start a home project or something. You will need to keep busy, especially on the weekends to avoid thinking of food.

11. Lots of tea and black coffee (regular or decaf).

12. Metabolic Drive shakes CAN be made in the morning and brought to work.

13. I used lemon flavored Carlson’s fish oil, rather than Flameout, back in 2007. Most people hate it, but I loved it. It gave a nice lemon zing to an Metabolic Drive shake.

14. 1-2 tsp of chocolate M-Drive in a cup of black coffee is the best mocha/hot-chocolate you will ever drink! Just stir it well.

More to come…

Great stuff, thanks!

Hi Scorpion. Why were your numbers similar both times? Did you gain the weight back you lost on the Velocity Diet? Why is that? Did you ever experience a lowered immune system and illness? Did you use the added supplements that are now included in the diet? (L-Leuceine, Superfood, HOT-ROX Extreme)

Thanks

Thanks for the tips! Looking forward to more :slight_smile:

Good input… I did the V-Diet in feb of 07 too went from 265-235…

All good points and will be well taken…

Cheers

Yes - I put all the weight back on. Most of it came back in the fall and winter during football season and the holidays - lots of eating & drinking at tailgates and holiday events. Plus I tried some bulking. For me it seems bodyweight and bodyfat go hand in hand.

I should add that I’m a former fattie and 3 years prior I was at 205lbs and probably >25% BF with a 38+ waist. I can maintain 170-175 without V-Diet, but I get paranoid I’ll slip back, so I do the VDiet to attempt to get ripped and to stop the downward - or should I say upward - slide, and stay in my size 32 pants.

No illness whatsoever. I used HOT-ROX (regular) but no Superfood or L-Leucine. I think the Superfood is a nice addition - after all, there’s no veggies/antioxidants in Metabolic Drive. The L-Leucine sounds like it would help maintain/build muscle.

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
Hi Scorpion. Why were your numbers similar both times? Did you gain the weight back you lost on the Velocity Diet? Why is that? Did you ever experience a lowered immune system and illness? Did you use the added supplements that are now included in the diet? (L-Leuceine, Superfood, HOT-ROX Extreme)

Thanks[/quote]

That’s 30 lbs! AWESOME!!!

[quote]laddie wrote:
Good input… I did the V-Diet in feb of 07 too went from 265-235…

All good points and will be well taken…

Cheers[/quote]

My question is:

Does the Velocity Diet only temporarily lead to weight loss?

Do you eat clean the rest of the time or do you drink, eat unhealthy when you gain that weight back?

It would be very concerning to me if this diet is a temporary fix for even those people who have a very clean diet otherwise.

My question is:

Do you eat clean the rest of the time or do you drink, eat unhealthy when you gain that weight back?

It would be very concerning to me if this diet is a temporary fix for even those people who have a very clean diet otherwise.[/quote]

The V-Diet will lead to perm weight loss, some gain after without proper transition… I lost 30lbs last time and kept it off for a year… It came back when I moved and just sat around eating junk and watching TV (went up to 280!) … Not happening this time, Im starting off 20 lbs lighter and hope to loose 30 more in 6 weeks. This time not slipping back…

So yes this is a permanent change!

Yes, yes, yes - IF. I say if, you keep eating clean and working hard you can keep it off.

MY problem is that, like I said in my previous post, I have weekends of indulgence, especially in fall & winter. I’m also someone who’s genetically inclined to gain weight (I’m also 44 years old!) so it’s natural that it comes back.

If I didn’t snack or drink on the weekends I’d be better off. After all, Patriots tailgates at Foxboro are all day eating & drinking affairs, often followed by a Saturday night of eating and drinking. Then the holidays. I let loose, but most people say I’m in great shape for my age.

Even at my pre-diet weight of 172 I’m way less than the 205 I used to be when I was 40, and I’m in the best shape of my life - better than when I was in my 30’s.

My question is:

It would be very concerning to me if this diet is a temporary fix for even those people who have a very clean diet otherwise.[/quote]

Thanks for your honesty! I’m a week in and I’m just making sure this drastic change will allow me to pick up my regular eating habits after it’s all said and done.

It just depends on how clean your regular eating habits really are. If I think about it, I lost 12 lbs in 1 month and then I gained 1 lb per month on (average) over the next year. I’ve done this “cycle” twice. If I had not done the diet, I could be back at 200lbs at 25% BF - YUCK!

Thanks for your honesty! I’m a week in and I’m just making sure this drastic change will allow me to pick up my regular eating habits after it’s all said and done.[/quote]

BTW, 1 tsp or tbs of chocolate Metabolic Drive in a cup of black coffee is the best mocha/hot-chocolate you will ever drink! Just stir it well.

I’ve NEVER drank regular hot-choco again. Even when I’m off the V-Diet, this is a nice treat.

Scorpion,

Thanks for the tips. Never thought about mixing the different flavors of MD. Will definately try that tonight.