Biotest

Tips for Using Mag-10 and Plazma

Jeremy asks:

I just ordered Mag-10 and Plazma from your Amazon store and I cannot wait to get it in. I’m stationed with 65th EOD up in Alaska at Fort Wainwright and I really want to make the most out of this order. If there any way you can give me some tips for product use outside of the label? I’m in my Masters program in exercise science and love training. I’m starting my second block of training following Wendlers 5/3/1 program format. Ideally I’d like to shed some body fat, while I’m doing this, since I’m right at 19% now. Will the Mag-10 assist me with this? Will I need to add more intensity to the program or will Wendlers program be sufficient as it is with daily cardio? Thanks in advance for all your help.

With Plazma, there’s really no more effective way other than sticking to the label use. But you can play around a bit with dosing depending on the training intensity and volume. A day of triceps and abs might warrant one scoop, while a monster leg day with 10x10 squats and heavy, high rep leg presses might call for three scoops.

With Mag-10, there’s more room for variety because it’s not “just” workout nutrition. Like the label says, a serving after training can definitely reinforce recovery, but it’s great during the day too. A favorite is having a serving very first thing in the morning or very last thing at night, so your body either gets punched in the face with quality nutrition right as you wake up or it can soak up the nutrients overnight and compound with the natural recovery benefits of a good night’s sleep.

[quote] Ideally I’d like to shed some body fat, while I’m doing this, since I’m
right at 19% now. Will the Mag-10 assist me with this? [/quote]
For sure. The Pulse Feast is one specific way to use Mag-10 as a big part of a serious fat loss plan. But even using it once or twice a day on top of a good nutrition plan can move you in the right direction.

It’ll depend a bit on the details of how you’ve set up the 5/3/1, but it’s definitely possible to use 5/3/1 for fat loss, even though it’s essentially a “performance-based” plan. Try asking in Wendler’s 5/3/1 forum for more input, possibly straight from Wendler.

Basically, as long as you don’t go overboard with the accessory work, don’t go crazy with the PR sets, and do stick with the consistent, hard conditioning, you should be all set. This article talks more about how to balance the 5/3/1 plan for different results.

Chris,

Thanks so much for the fast reply. I was reading the Pulse Method last night and I appreciate the article, that really cleared it up for me. I’ll continue with the setup for the 5/3/1 as is, since I work the main lift, 2 accessories, one core and follow with cardio. I’m through the first block of training and will be starting block 2 next week. I’ll post something in that forum and see what I get back. Thanks again!

Jeremy

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.