Biotest

TIMERS007's Velocity Log - The Journey Begins

So I have officially begun my Velocity Diet as of Sunday, 9/7/08.

Yesterday, Saturday, I did my photos, weigh-in, and measurements. The results of that are as follows.

Day 0
Weight - 189.4 lbs
Bodyfat Percentage - 26.2%
Measurements

• Around the largest part of your belly/love-handle area - 38.5 in
  • Upper leg (thigh) - 25.5 in
  • Lower leg (calf) - 15.5 in
  • Chest: Across nipple line - 37.5 in
  • Between belly button and nipple line (upper abs area) - 34.5 in
  • Shoulders - 43.5 in
  • Upper arm - 14 R/13.5 L
  • Neck - 14.75 in

Calories Needed: 1409
Lifting Days: 1690

My planned schedule for a normal weekday is as follows:
WAKE UP - 5 AM
3 BCAA, 2 HRX
SHOWER
5:45/6 AM - Shake 1 - 2 Scoops, multivitamin
9 AM - Shake 2 - 1 scoop + 2 flax, + 2 Flameout
12 PM - Shake 3 - 2 scoops, 2 fiber delights, + 3 BCAA
1 PM - 2 HRX
4 PM - Shake 4 - 1 scoop, + Psyllium husk serving + 3 BCAA
7 PM - Shake 5 - 1 scoop, + 1 flax, 2 fiber delights
9 PM - Shake 6 - 1 scoop, + 1 serving PB, 2 Flameout
BEFORE BED
3 BCAA, 3 ZMA
Sleep - 10 PM

Totals:
1419 Cals
198 G Protein
73 Carbs
42 Fat
25 Fiber

Totals Workout Days:
Add .5 more serving of PB & 2 scoops of Surge

1695 Cals
217 Protein
105 Carbs
47 Fat
25 Fiber

SUPPLIES being used: TOTAL AMOUNT SPENT ~ $347
1 tub of Banana Cream Metabolic Drive
3 5lb bags of Syntrax 5.0 (Cookies & Cream, Chocolate, Vanilla)
1 tub of Vanilla Surge
1 bottle Flameout
1 bottle HOT-ROX Extreme
1 bottle Biotest BCAA’s
2 bottles Psyllium Husk Powder
1 bottle Fiber Delights
2 bags of Premium Gold Cold Milled Flax Seed
1 bottle ON ZMA
Kirkland Multi-vitamins
Kirkland Organic Peanut Butter

I MAY need to adjust some things as days go on, but feel pretty set on what I have currently. I calculated the cost of all involved prior, especially when selecting my protein.

I didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg on this “diet”, and feel that for $347 including some shaker bottles, pill holders, tax and shipping, I did ok.

Between my 2 brands of protein, 4 flavors, and different macros, I should have enough variety for the 4 week period. I’ll also learn a lot about what works, and what I enjoy the most.

That’s all for now. Day 1 update to soon follow, as I’m writing all of this at the now almost end of Day 1.

Side image, Week 0

Back image, Week 0

Day 1 (Sunday)

WAKE UP - 6 AM
3 BCAA, 2 HRX
SHOWER
6:45 - Shake 1 - 2 Scoops C&C, , multivitamin
9:45 AM - Shake 2 - 1 scoop C&C + 1 flax, + 2 Flameout
12:45 PM - Shake 3 - 2 scoops, 1 flax, 2 fiber delights, + 3 BCAA
2 PM - 1 HRX
4:45 PM - Shake 4 - 1 scoop, + Psyllium husk serving + 3 BCAA, 2 fiber delights
7:45 PM - Shake 5 - 1 scoop Vanilla, + 1 flax
9:45 PM - Shake 6 - 1 scoop Vanilla, + 1 serving PB, 2 Flameout
BEFORE BED
3 BCAA, 3 ZMA
Sleep - 10:30 PM

TOTALS:
Total

NEPA:
Went to brothers soccer game, and walked/played a little on my own with the ball. Juggled, took shots, etc; broke a little sweat. I’m sure this definitely qualifies as my daily NEPA. Rest of the day was active around the house.

Good luck. I’m not sure how the Syntrax protien stacks up to Metabolic Drive. Hopefully it’ll workout for you.

Remember to lift really hard while you are on the diet. Just looking at you pictures it seems like if you can make it through the diet you’ll be in the perfect place to start building some muscle. Lifting hard now will get your body and mind used to lifting heavy weights.

Keep up the hard work!

Day 2 (Monday)

So today was ok. Already feel like I am getting sick of shakes, but I think I just need to mix it up, and Ill be ok. Its not so much the protein, but rather mixing the flax seed with it, or in my case, psyllium husk powder as well.

At any rate, I followed this below.

WAKE UP - 5 AM
3 BCAA, 2 HRX
SHOWER
5:45 - Shake 1 - 1 scoop vanilla, 1 scoop C&C, multivitamin
9 AM - Shake 2 - 1 scoop vanilla + 1 flax, + 2 Flameout
12 PM - Shake 3 - 1 scoop vanilla, 1 scoop C&C, 1 flax, 2 fiber delights, + 3 BCAA
1 PM - 1 HRX
4 PM - Shake 4 - 1 scoop vanilla, + Psyllium husk serving + 3 BCAA, 2 fiber delights
7 PM - Shake 5 - 2 scoop Vanilla, + 1 flax
9 PM - Shake 6 - 1 scoop Chocolate, + 1 serving PB, 2 Flameout
BEFORE BED
3 BCAA, 3 ZMA
Sleep - 9:30 PM

Total

NEPA:
Walked a bit during lunch hour at work, 10-15 min maybe. Also biked at low-medium intensity around neighborhood for 15 minutes or so. Between that and the probably 8-9 times I got up to piss at work today, I think I got a good enough of movement in. Tomorrow is my first workout day, so I must prepare well, though I will be heading to the gym with my GF, who is familiar with all the excercises. Regarding the Surge, should I just bring it with me in a shaker bottle dry, and then add water to it at the gym, and drink while I work out?

Midday Update

Today I felt sick to my stomach almost all day, along with a headache. Im not sure if its the HOT-ROX, but the very thought of the protein, or fiber, or flax now makes me sick.

I have yet to throwup, but I am wondering if this is normal or not.

Looking for some assistance.

Im only on Day 3, and finding this very tough to stick to going forward.

timers007,

I responded to you about sore throat on the being sick forum, so you can look at that there.

First of all for me I wouldn’t dare mix Physllium husk with shake. Gets too thick too fast. Drink separately in a.m. between shakes or p.m. between shakes. I take mine about 9:30 in a.m. I don’t need second dose right now.

The flax - I can’t drink with shake. Made me too nauseous. I tried with peanut butter by mixing together, but I was having terrible heartburn. Blamed it on peanuts and it still may be, but once I elimninated flax, my stomach settled down a bit. The nausea thing does seem to go with program, but I think with different adjusts you can lessen it.

Headache are typical of low carbs diets, that should adjust in time. I am finishing day 9, but ahd a tough time on day 7&8. Some days and moments are better than others.

I do make my shakes thin. They seem to go down better. That just means adding extra water, which is good all the way around.

Have you been running to the bathroom all the time yet? Lots of fluids will do that to you.

Well good luck and keep shakin away.

fitnesslady

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.