Biotest

Time to Put on my Game Face!

Well, I just turned 30 in March and from this point forward I want life to be better than it was in my 20s. I am determined more than ever to get the fat off and for good. I hope that with the V-Diet, I am able to do just that. I have two kids, daughter (6) and son(16 mo). Since having children, the body just doesn’t look the same.

I’ve never been fat, so to speak, but I have been carrying extra poundage ever since. My husband is a great support but thinks that going on the V-Diet is just another diet that I’m going to try and not put in the effort. Since the beginning of January, I have lost about 12 pounds through clean dieting, weight training, and periodic cardio.

I’m at a plateau at this point and I think the Velocity Diet is just what the doctor ordered. I’m going to need all the help and motivation I can get to get through these next 28 days. I will post pics this week along with stats.

Welcome aboard! Keep us updated. Lots of supportive people here in the same boat as you.

Thanks Chris! Most people in my circle don’t really understand this and why I’m doing it, but the forums really help keep everything into perspective and I’m so glad there are websites like this to help us every step of the way. I’m looking forward to checking in multiple times everyday! I just ordered my life-line for the next 28 days, so hopefully I will get it pretty quick!

Nice job making the decision do it! We look forward to watching you progress and break that plateau :wink:

Lisa

Hey MCar,

Im waiting on my stuff to get here too. Ive been doing high protein and low carbs with the V-Diet work outs for the last 10 days.

Hopefully your husband will be a little more supportive. My best friend is doing the V-Diet with me and I know how lucky I am to have that support.

I’m thrilled to have another mommy to go through this with.

Sara

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
Nice job making the decision do it! We look forward to watching you progress and break that plateau :wink:

Lisa[/quote]

Thanks for the support Lisa! Honestly, I wasn’t so sure if I should go on the V-Diet until I saw your progress pics. You are kickin’ @$$. Keep up the good work.

[quote]ringer2u wrote:
Hey MCar,

Im waiting on my stuff to get here too. Ive been doing high protein and low carbs with the V-Diet work outs for the last 10 days.

Hopefully your husband will be a little more supportive. My best friend is doing the V-Diet with me and I know how lucky I am to have that support.

I’m thrilled to have another mommy to go through this with.

Sara[/quote]

Sara, so nice of you to drop by. I will def. keep updates and check in regularly. Congrats on making the decision also. I will be paying a visit to your journal as well. Good luck mama!

Okay, I’m getting really ansy for my VDiet supplies. It’s supposed to get in tonight, so I will be posting more often and will have photos and stats up soon.

Does anyone have any great tips for preparation? How many mixer bottles? Hardware for storage?

I have a cooler that fits everything in perfectly. Ill usually take the flame outs from the fridge in the morning and put them back in when I get home. Or take 5 out and put them in a baggy so you can keep the bottle refrigerated.

I have a bunch of shaker cups with little whisks in them, but I only use 1-2. I can just clean them out in the sink at work instead of getting 5-6 of them dirty and lugging them around.

It all depends what your schedule and work environment is like. I can keep one set of supplies at work and the other at home. Since I usually have shake 1 at home, shakes 2-4 at work and number 5 when I get home again. That way I dont have to haul everything back and forth.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips laujik, I will need all the help I can get. I’m thinking about bringing my magic bullet to work, to make my shakes blended with ice. Doing the “shaken” method, will be tough for me to drink.

I love my magic bullet. But I did hear a couple people on this forum had to return them because they stopped working or the blades broke because the ice.

I dont use ice in mine though, so I can’t really attest to their durability that way. Even without ice they mix a lot better in the magic bullet, so you dont get a gob of super food and squint your eyes.

When do you start? In the beginning, I was all about doing the whole blending with ice thing (and adding in different flavorings like extracts, sugar-free syrups, and spices). What ended up happening was the sheer thickness of the shakes made them unbearable for me. Now, all I do is put about 16-20 oz of water in a blender bottle, put all my powders in (and flax if necessary), and shake like there’s no tomorrow. Sure, I’ll get a few chunks, but it’s easier for me to just drink it all really quickly than deal with it for 10-15 minutes.

My shakes take about 2-3 minutes to prepare and <20 sec to drink. I just get it over with and move on.

However, everyone has their own preferences. As long as you can play around with the water amounts to find what works for you, that’s all that matters.

Good luck!

Forgot to add this picture. This is the bottle I actually use. Easy to use, and even easier to clean.

[quote]jo3 wrote:
Forgot to add this picture. This is the bottle I actually use. Easy to use, and even easier to clean.[/quote]

I’ve been looking for those. Where did you buy them? I wanted one for my son to take to school. He does weight training at the school gym and I wanted to send him with some Surge…

[quote]jo3 wrote:
When do you start? In the beginning, I was all about doing the whole blending with ice thing (and adding in different flavorings like extracts, sugar-free syrups, and spices). What ended up happening was the sheer thickness of the shakes made them unbearable for me. Now, all I do is put about 16-20 oz of water in a blender bottle, put all my powders in (and flax if necessary), and shake like there’s no tomorrow. Sure, I’ll get a few chunks, but it’s easier for me to just drink it all really quickly than deal with it for 10-15 minutes.

My shakes take about 2-3 minutes to prepare and <20 sec to drink. I just get it over with and move on.

However, everyone has their own preferences. As long as you can play around with the water amounts to find what works for you, that’s all that matters.

Good luck![/quote]

Jo3, thanks for the tips. I just started today, I got my supplies in last night and thought about when to start and said, “to hell with it” I’ll just start on Wednesday. I had my first meal today at 5:30 am and I’m not gonna lie, it was pretty rough. I also need to remember to add water first, because all of the mix stuck to the bottom, I had to get a chopstick to scrape the bottom. I have my next meal in another half hour. I’m hoping it goes better than the first.

WOW, I got all my stuff yesterday and got my first shake in today. I must say it was a little rough but not that bad. I hope it gets easier. I will hopefully have my stats and pics up by this weekend. Got to work and am now not too anxious to drink the second meal. I hope it goes down better than meal 1. My husband surprisingly is now very supportive and asked me when I’m gonna start, so I decided today is Day 1.

I’m hoping after this 28 day journey, I will be happier and feel healthier than I have in a long time. We’re going to Tennessee for a few days in May for my grandmother’s 80th birthday and I haven’t seen my mom or anyone on that side of the family in awhile. My mother lives in Korea and my other Korean relatives live either in Korea also or back in Chattanooga and Atlanta.

After I come back from Tennessee, it will be Havasu time and I’m looking forward to riding the boat and enjoying the hot summer sun. I’m hoping to get into a bikini this year. Last year I really had in my mind that I would never wear a bikini ever again and for the past two years I have been wearing a black dress over my one piece and not taking it off the whole time we were out there.

Pretty sad, but I wasn’t in a happy place and I felt so disgusted with myself. I have lost about 12 pounds since January and am hoping that I can lose at least 4 inches off my waist by the time June comes around.

For some, the shakes are pretty rough for the first few days. Then you just get used to it. Once you find that right mixture of water you will be fine. If you have the determination, im sure you could drink anything 5 times a day anyways. :smiley:

Good luck.

Hey MCAR, good luck on your journey! I am just starting as well - yesterday was day 1 for me, so we are running roughly the same track. Today is my first training day. I wanted to get in a day on the shakes while I wasn’t doing any activity.

As for the shakes, I shake mine up with the recommended water and then pour over ice in a big jug with a straw. Sure it takes about an hour to drink, but I stay full. I also love MD so that helps. I mix my superfood in a bit of water and just chug. As for the flax, I actually like to just eat that stirred w/ a bit of water and about a half tsp of caramel davinci SF syrup. He says that stuff’s ok on the diet so I’m doing it!

MCar,
Good for you getting it started as soon as they came. That first shake is a shock, I know. They do get easier to get down. I feel the exact same way about the bikini. (thus my blog name) Always with a cover up over a one piece. Not this year! We are going to be bikini wearing hotties!!

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
Hey MCAR, good luck on your journey! I am just starting as well - yesterday was day 1 for me, so we are running roughly the same track. Today is my first training day. I wanted to get in a day on the shakes while I wasn’t doing any activity.

As for the shakes, I shake mine up with the recommended water and then pour over ice in a big jug with a straw. Sure it takes about an hour to drink, but I stay full. I also love MD so that helps. I mix my superfood in a bit of water and just chug. As for the flax, I actually like to just eat that stirred w/ a bit of water and about a half tsp of caramel davinci SF syrup. He says that stuff’s ok on the diet so I’m doing it![/quote]

Thanks for dropping by Polsen. Good luck on your journey, I will pay a visit to see how you’re doing. We can do this!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.