Biotest

Thoughts On This Scenario

Hi Chris,

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the following scenario:

My boss out of the blue enrolled me in an all day seminar/networking event for Monday of next week, and it would be considered very unprofessional to be chugging down shakes every three hours during it. Also, add in a luncheon that will be a little difficult to eat a HSM at. While I would not be missing a day, I would be having a relatively screwy day in terms of meal timing, with some meals potentially missed altogether.

I was planning on starting the diet when my order arrives, hopefully in the next few days, but am wondering if I might be better off postponing it until after the event.

I do understand the importance of consistency in reforming habits, but at the same time, I realize that it is also important to put things into action quickly.

Could you throw at me what a normal day on the diet looks like? With supplement ammounts and all? If it isn’t too much trouble that is. Just trying to do some pre-calculations on how much to get. I’ve read the diet section, but just can’t really pick out how to do that from it.

[quote]Matt2010 wrote:
Could you throw at me what a normal day on the diet looks like? With supplement ammounts and all? If it isn’t too much trouble that is. Just trying to do some pre-calculations on how much to get. I’ve read the diet section, but just can’t really pick out how to do that from it. [/quote]

Put your info into the V-Diet calculator and it will spit all that info out for you, in detail.

[quote]fraggle wrote:
Hi Chris,

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the following scenario:

My boss out of the blue enrolled me in an all day seminar/networking event for Monday of next week, and it would be considered very unprofessional to be chugging down shakes every three hours during it. Also, add in a luncheon that will be a little difficult to eat a HSM at. While I would not be missing a day, I would be having a relatively screwy day in terms of meal timing, with some meals potentially missed altogether.

I was planning on starting the diet when my order arrives, hopefully in the next few days, but am wondering if I might be better off postponing it until after the event.

I do understand the importance of consistency in reforming habits, but at the same time, I realize that it is also important to put things into action quickly.[/quote]

My thoughts are simple: It’s your body and your goals. Stop staying chubby because others might look at you funny.

What will actually happen is that people will think that what you’re doing is interesting and admire you for it. You’ll be a hit if YOU stay positive about it.

You don’t have to lie or be embarrassed about taking charge of your health. You don’t need society’s permission to be lean and muscular.

Choose not to be part of the fatted herd.

That may sound harsh, but that’s the attitude of those who have lifelong success with their physiques.

What Chris said.

Remember the V-Diet lasts 28 days + 14 more … lots can happen in 42 days. Unless you sequester yourself in your home, this will not be the first time an awkward dieting day pops up. What will you do 14 days into it?

I plowed through several events as you described, including 4 days of traveling for work meeting with colleagues.

Having the strength and, well, courage to drink your shakes anyway is half the battle in this. And frankly, it will be one of the lessons that will stick with you, and set you free.

Thanks for the replies Chris and BradenW. I decided to sack up and just do it, even if some stuffy prick gets his nose out of joint. Luckily, my order came in early this morning, so I got in my first shake at 8am.

I’ll start a log later on tonight after I get all the measurements, etc.

Thanks again.