Biotest

Thoughts on Receptormax

Hey Chris and gang,
Wondering if any of you had any thoughts/experiences with Receptormax

This question(s) were inspired by TC’s article from a few weeks ago about supplements for certain physique issues, sort of a broad version of the Biosignature stuff that Coach Poliquin does/teaches.

Prefacing this of course with if you’re just fat, taking some different supps wihtout regard to nutrition and hard training is useless but from the article…

Basically for someone with excessive fat in the love handle area (yours truly) that it could be an insulin resistance issue and a lower carb and diet combined with Receptormax may help. I was reading through the earlier forum threads on it and it seems the best way to take advantage of it is to eat some carbs since it improves the insulin response.

I read some Chad Waterbury stuff about muscle gain and he seems to recommend that the answer is not tons and tons of calories (which did raise some heated debate in another thread) but in fact just some strategic carbs. I was thinking that after my V-Diet experiemnt I won’t be super shredded but I may be at the point where I’d like to try to add some muscle and strength, basically just eat clean lift heavy 3 times a week and just have some fun “do something” days.

I was thinking that maybe that Receptormax be a good supp for that kind of phase, not hard “cutting” or “bulking” just living the V-Life. Maybe having some sweet potatos or beans or extra fruit with my three main meals. I guess no real specific question this just turned into a ramble (Chris feel free to move it to another forum as it’s not really V-Diet related)

Anyways I think I might give this a try as my next experiment.

I haven’t had much experience with Receptormax myself, but I plan to start a serious run of it next month.

Info here for those not familiar with it: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/product_information/special_report_the_all_powerful_supplement

Cool, I’ve been thinking more about it (I get really bored at work :wink: and I figured my plan is to eat a basic diet from Chad’s Body of Fire, basically he gives you one based on bodyweight and you eat the one closest and under yours, so I ate the 180lb while doing the program for fat loss, so I’m going to try eating the 220 version to gain while adding extra carbs (fruit and sweet potato/quinoa etc) at dinner. I also will be starting creatine so I’m going to give the new diet and creatine say 6 weeks to establish a good baseline, then add the Receptormax.

Hi Chris,
wondering your thoughts on Receptormax during my V-Diet (I have a full bottle here for use at somepoint) I’m not sure whether it does much while eating a pretty low carb diet, maybe just pre-workout? Or half does (6 a day vs 12) I can’t seem to tell reading all the info on it whether it just helps improve insulin sensitivity overall, or if it’s really only effective when you’re eating more carbs and therefore more insulin?

[quote]nateschmidt24 wrote:
Hi Chris,
wondering your thoughts on Receptormax during my V-Diet (I have a full bottle here for use at somepoint) I’m not sure whether it does much while eating a pretty low carb diet, maybe just pre-workout? Or half does (6 a day vs 12) I can’t seem to tell reading all the info on it whether it just helps improve insulin sensitivity overall, or if it’s really only effective when you’re eating more carbs and therefore more insulin?[/quote]

I’m using it right now and as you know I never go high-carb, just some Surge Recovery after workout., FINiBAR before usually. I’m taking full dose as per label instructions. Liking the results so far!