Biotest

This Gas is Horrible

Not necessarily a question, just a general complaint that the protein has been having on my GI system the last week. I have never farted so much and so often, i swear its like every 20 minutes, and actually developed a fissure! Been taking protolytic enzymes to help with amino absorption and thinking about activated charcoal to deal with the rotten egg smell. But lost 2.5 pounds the first week and invested in the protein, sticking through it!

Are you using Metabolic Drive, the V-Diet protein powder? I’m not seeing where you’ve ever purchased it.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Are you using Metabolic Drive, the V-Diet protein powder? I’m not seeing where you’ve ever purchased it. [/quote]

Using buddies 8 remaining tubs with his permission while he is in Afghanistan. Started it early this year then got deployed, doesnt want to do it when he gets home…will purchase banana when done with all these chocolates to finish the program. No lactose or casein allergy, and not deviating with any other supplements… Like i said lost almost 3 pounds and want to finish it but didnt know if this was common with this protein, or maybe because im not used to taking in close to 300 grams.

Yeah, any change is diet - even a healthy one - can cause some temporary issues. It’s not common though. You’re probably not doing this, but make sure you’re not using any milk; mix with water only.

Also, it could be the flax seed. Make sure yours is fresh and kept in the fridge after opening. IT can go rancid quickly. Natural nut butter must also be kept in the fridge. If none of those are issues, then you’ll probably adjust soon regardless.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Yeah, any change is diet - even a healthy one - can cause some temporary issues. It’s not common though. You’re probably not doing this, but make sure you’re not using any milk; mix with water only.

Also, it could be the flax seed. Make sure yours is fresh and kept in the fridge after opening. IT can go rancid quickly. Natural nut butter must also be kept in the fridge. If none of those are issues, then you’ll probably adjust soon regardless.

[/quote]

Thanks! Organic milled flax, that is kept in fridge, and the nut butter isnt but i tend to go through it fast enough that it doesnt spoil, even when using the 2tbs per day now. I hate to admit it probably the carbonation of coke zero, as besides a ton of water thats the only thing i drink (no coffee, etc.), however never been a problem in reg. food diet…

Didnt see any detailed topics in TNation about it, and when you google it general consensus is that your foods arent absorbing…Week 2 is better than week 1 so for now im attributing my body getting used to the higher protein.

BTW, any word when pulse fast combo package is back in stock? i went to order it today and says its out of stock…

You can still order the products, but MAG-10 has an improved formula so the old package rules didn’t apply as the serving sizes have changed. But basically you can follow the same plan, only where it says to use “1 scoop” in the directions of the Pulse Fast, you use 2 scoops, which is the new serving size. No package available though. If you want to order the supps separately and same money, I think you could reduce or even not use the Apha GPC component. Plan works very well without it or with just a serving per day.

You’ll want to take care of that fissure by getting extra fibre in your diet, otherwise your mighty protein filled stools will just keep ripping it open. I’m speaking from experience here… but will spare you the gory details.

I started taking a teaspoon of powdered psyllium husks in the morning (and initially another in the afternoon) and haven’t had a problem since.

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:
You’ll want to take care of that fissure by getting extra fibre in your diet, otherwise your mighty protein filled stools will just keep ripping it open. I’m speaking from experience here… but will spare you the gory details.

I started taking a teaspoon of powdered psyllium husks in the morning (and initially another in the afternoon) and haven’t had a problem since.

[/quote]

I been making sure to take the fiber tabs + flax, getting actually close to 32-40 g fiber a day on V-Diet (maybe too much), its the constant restroom usage and gas from the protein. I have lynch syndrome which gives me a much higher risk of colon cancer so when i start seeing blood (btw im a hypochondriac) it makes for a stressfull day. I have a proctologist and been to him and gives shots to help heal and gives me meds to take for hemmorhoids. Once im back on a HSM schedule it will be better. Im not used to high protein only from shakes, but their is nothing that is scream “stop doing this and go to ER”. I just didnt know if anyone else suffered through this, did it get better, etc. Getting my weight down to reduce the risk of colon cancer is the biggest reason to do this diet, helping me adopt from eating bad foods