Biotest

This Fat Ass Just Started the V-Diet!

As a self described fat ass, I decided that this was the year to fix my fat ass and get ripped, semi-ripped or at least drop my body fat percentage. 2nd day on the V-Diet and it’s hard, but reading the forums and seeing everyone’s results is keeping me motivated. I have several questions, but first and foremost, is there anything to add to the shake to kill the aftertaste or make it less sweet? If they had no flavor, I’d be set.

Also, yesterday, by the time I got to the last shake, I just wasn’t hungry and literally had to force myself to drink it. Is this normal? I’m eating every 3 hours and just did not want to drink it. Any tips, or should I just grow a fucking pair and drink?

Stats and pics coming soon!

[quote]Skenns wrote:
As a self described fat ass, I decided that this was the year to fix my fat ass and get ripped, semi-ripped or at least drop my body fat percentage. 2nd day on the V-Diet and it’s hard, but reading the forums and seeing everyone’s results is keeping me motivated. I have several questions, but first and foremost, is there anything to add to the shake to kill the aftertaste or make it less sweet? If they had no flavor, I’d be set.

Also, yesterday, by the time I got to the last shake, I just wasn’t hungry and literally had to force myself to drink it. Is this normal? I’m eating every 3 hours and just did not want to drink it. Any tips, or should I just grow a fucking pair and drink?

Stats and pics coming soon![/quote]

Sorry, but unsweetened, flavorless shakes might just put us out of business! But you can play with the amount of water or ice used to make them to suit your tastes.

Also, not being hungry on a fat-loss diet is a good thing, no? But you may delete one scoop of Metabolic Drive from the daily plan, no more than that.

Keep us posted and be sure to hit me with any questions in the “Ask Chris” forum where I’ll be sure to see them.

So here’s the midweek check-in. First, am I the only one who wets himself when Shuggart replies? It’s like I’m talking to a celebrity. Which I’m sure everyone on T-Nation considers Shuggart to in fact be a celebrity.

So I started the V-Diet on Monday with 2 friends. Tuesday morning, both of them were in the hospital with allergic reactions to something in the supplements. Needless to say, I’m the only one still going. We suspect that it was the Superfood, because they both use to be allergic to strawberries when they were younger, but thought they’d outgrown it. We thought wrong.

So here it is Thursday and after battling the horrid taste and aftertaste of the Chocolate, I discovered the Banana Cream and MY GOD, that shit tastes like Nectar and Ambrosia compared to the Chocolate. So after wondering if I could make it through the month, I’m back on track.

Can’t wait to see where I’m at come next Monday. V-Diet, FUCK YEAH!!

I also want to share this piece of advice that keeps me motivated. I don’t remember which Forum Goon spat this phrase but he told some other dude: “Man up, do the fucking diet.” That is absolute gold.

Wait- why aren’t they drinking the shakes while in the hospital? Push overs I say! Glad you’re still on it.

Keep it up.

I offered to feed it to them intravenously, turns out doctors frown upon you messing with their equipment. I assured them I had a BA in Theatre, though.

Fifth day on the diet and so far it’s smooth sailing. Worried about the V-Burn Challenge tomorrow, however. I haven’t done cardio in so long that I’m not sure I can do the entire circuit without resting. But I’m going to give it my all anyhow.

I can’t say enough about the Banana Creme flavor. To me it tastes phenomenal. The chocolate just had such a horrid aftertaste that I couldn’t stomach it. But the Banana has no aftertaste (at least to me).

I weighed myself this morning and discovered that I’m down +/- 9 lbs. I don’t want to post my weight without pictures, but I’ll go ahead and post it.

January 3 | Start of V-Diet
Weight: 283

January 7 | 5 Days In
Weight: 274

Sidenote: I started the diet heavier than recommended. Reason: I’ve always been huge, but not completely fat. My best estimate for my lean body mass is around 205. Don’t know if I’m justified in that or not, but I’ll figure it out one day. For now, I’m a keep going and see where I wind up.

24 Days till Transition Phase 1!

One week in and I’ve seen a 12 pound drop in weight. My workout buddies tell me that they can see a difference in the way I look and I feel different myself. First week was pretty tough, but now it seems like a cake walk. I’ve been out to eat with friends and family twice this week and drank water and coffee while I watched them scarf down deep fried fat in the form of Cheese Sticks and Buffalo wings. Not once did I want to reach over and steal some of their food.

It’s all mind over matter. If you can think it, you can do it. Plus, I look forward to Sunday evenings all week long, whenever I get to eat that one AWESOME meal of the week. It’s like Christmas, Chanukah and my birthday EVERY WEEK!

Workouts are kicking my ass, too! Thank god I’ve got some friends along for the ride, they keep me motivated. I need to NEPA a little better, been slacking, but it’s all my fault. However, for the rest of the diet, I’m gonna rock that shit out.

My biggest problem is that I want to weigh myself every day. My body seems preprogrammed to stop at the 270 mark and that’s been a problem for me for a while now. While I was 272 this morning, I was at that mark 6 weeks ago. But Christmas and overeating caught up with me and now I’m trying like hell to get below that 250 line. Hopefully these next 5 weeks will be kind. Till then, I’m on track, eating right and battling dumbasses who keep saying, “You’re just gonna put it back on; This diet is stupid; You’re killing yourself, you know you’re bodies gonna shut down at 65 for this don’t you?” All from fat asses who dip their pizza in buckets of fat just to add a little flavor. But I digress.

I like to think of it as “mind over fatter” … :wink:

I’m gonna get that tattooed to my ass!

Keep up the good work! Im contemplating this same diet.

Keep up the good work! Im contemplating this same diet.

Starting 3rd Week of the V-Diet and it’s getting easier by the day. Took my weight and measurements yesterday and I’m down to 268 lbs. and I’ve lost a Total of 5 inches from my chest, gut and hips. Lost 2.5" on my chest and about 1.5" on my gut. So right now it looks like this after 2 weeks:

Weight: 283 -> 268
Chest: 49" -> 46.5"
Waist: 47" -> 45.5"
Hips: 44" -> 43"

After dropping below the 270 mark I’ve more motivated than ever to keep going. 4 more weeks and I can’t wait to see the results. Worst part so far: I pulled a lower back muscle Friday by deadlifting more than I was ready for. Could have been poor form, but I’m pretty sure I just wasn’t up to the task of Sumo lifting as much as I did. Then I realized today that I had 2 lower back exercises to push through; what a bitch.

I’d say I’ve got a pretty good jump on things and I’m hoping to see 18 more lbs. of weight loss in the next 4 weeks. I don’t think it’s impossible, I just know it’s gonna take some work. Need to take pictures and compare them from last week. Then maybe I’ll post. But then again, I may keep you waiting till the end.

So here I am 19 days in and I’m cruising at this point. I’ve walked my ass off the past 2 days, been working out regularly and looking forward to finishing up on Feb. 14 - Valentines Day! How appropriate, I’m losing my V-Diet Card on V-Day! I think I’ll celebrate by beginning the 100 gram carb cure and a running/boxing routine, along with Waterbury’s Get Lean routine from “Huge in a Hurry”.

The V-Diet has done much more than help me lose weight. It’s shown me that I can stick to something no matter how tough it is and that I don’t need fat ass foods to be happy. I haven’t broken the dietary guidelines once, despite my intense craving for certain foods. I’m reminded constantly of these 2 phrases:

“Food is for fuel and don’t you forget it.” - Shugart

“Man up, do the fucking diet.” - Dr. Manhattan (somewhere in the forums, forgot the username, but you’ve seen him.)

I’m also about to start walking to work. It’s roughly 3 miles from my house to my business, in rural Kentucky. Plenty of hills, gravel and goats. Despite the cold and snow, I’m a push through and emerge victorious. Or bone a goat, I haven’t decided which.

[quote]Skenns wrote:
I’m a push through and emerge victorious. Or bone a goat, I haven’t decided which. [/quote]

I thought they only did that kind of thing in Alabama, and that you KY boys stuck with sisters and cousins.

Great work.

Finish strong.

excellent work. I want to be just like you when I grow up and not veer from the WHATSOEVER!!! thanks for being a role model!!

[quote]reactiontm wrote:

[quote]Skenns wrote:
I’m a push through and emerge victorious. Or bone a goat, I haven’t decided which. [/quote]

I thought they only did that kind of thing in Alabama, and that you KY boys stuck with sisters and cousins.

Great work.

Finish strong.[/quote]

Thanks Man!

We take it where we can get it here in the Bluegrass! Hell, even our horses are inbred!

[quote]powermerrie wrote:
excellent work. I want to be just like you when I grow up and not veer from the WHATSOEVER!!! thanks for being a role model!![/quote]

Thanks! I do what I can! Just stay positive and keep telling yourself you can push through. After the initial 7 days it eases up and becomes more of a routine, but it’s getting over the threshold at first. Also, I found that eating the peanut butter instead of blending it is more of a treat. It’s something to really look forward to at the end of the day! I think it has to do with the fact that you’re chewing something!

[quote]Skenns wrote:
We take it where we can get it here in the Bluegrass! Hell, even our horses are inbred! [/quote]

LOL.

The older you get, the truer that statement becomes.

Agreed on the peanut butter. I haven’t blended it yet.

Chris is not a fan due to potential “slippage,” but slippage isn’t on my menu, and probably not yours, either.

Go man!

@reactiontm

I understand where you could slip by eating the PB straight, but I’m so convinced I’m going to be ripped in 5 more months that I’m not about to slip.

On a related note, today marks day 21 on the diet! One more week and it’s on to the transition! Didn’t take measurements today, but I’m down to 265, which is where you’re suppose to be when you start the diet! I’m going to take my 18 lbs. in 3 weeks and keep running with it! I’m finally below 270 for the first time since 8th grade, so it’s safe to say I’m ECSTATIC! I can’t wait to post final pictures in 3 more weeks. I’ve seen excellent results and I’m looking forward to finishing strong!

Tonight’s HSM night! So Chili with a shit ton of veggies it is! And beans! So excited about the beans, as I’m sure the family is as well. The protein/flax flatulence is a little potent :slight_smile: But it damn sure makes the guys give you props!

Good work so far, very inspiring, any more info? Height, lifts, pics etc?