Biotest

Third Time's a Charm!

Check it. Ive tried the V-Diet twice before. Two failures. I mean I lost weight, but couldn’t finish the diet either time. The link above is from my prior failures. You’ll also get some intro fat pics.

-The first time I didn’t use Biotest products(only some) as I had no cash right out of college and I felt like I was going to die. I think it was lack of potassium or some electrolyte. I didnt use drive all the time, and the powder I used had to lack something.

-The second time life just happened. Im young, and constantly am forced to dinners with friends, going out, and the ex girlfriends parents house. Not eating there, and having a protein shake really weird ed out her family.

Anyway excuses are lame. It was failure twice now. On to try number 3.

Optimism? Im single(life is really easy right now)(and i have so much more money), Ive been working out for 2 months hard, and lost 25 pounds over that time. Unfortunately I yo-yo-ed my fat ass to 211 before finally a girl that was a friend told me I had become a fat kid. Since then its been fruit, veggies, and lean meat.

Anyway Im currently 187. I just completed day 1 of the V-Diet. 27 days left.

Just one goal : Abs.

Remember! If you can finish the V-Diet some say you can do anything :stuck_out_tongue:

3rd times the charm they say right? Best of luck! Hope your motivation for doing the diet is strong enough to finish it this time. Otherwise, I suggest picking up a few books, movies, etc on the subject. I find they always help me out when it gets tough!

I’m only so many days in myself though :slight_smile:

Thanks KC.

Day 2 complete. 26 days left.

The biggest difference so far with the diet for me is just keeping it simple–just drink shakes. The previous times I obsessed-read hours about it. Thought about food all day. I guess because I have been dieting for 2 months already, I kinda think of food as fuel rather then taste/cravings.

Will get the pics done tomm morning.

Ok so time for updated pics and measurements.

As I said before I was up to about 211 two months ago.For the pics just click on the first link, on my first post of this page. For some reason I can’t copy/save them and post them here. Check the pics there, here are the measurements

Measurements from 2 months ago (211 pounds)

Chest(Nipple line) 45 inch
stomach upper- 41 inch.
stomach belly button - 44 inch.
Right inner thigh - 26 inch
Left inner thish - 26 inch
Right Arm - 16.5 inch
Left arm - 16 inch

Updated Measurements from TODAY (187 pounds two days ago at start of V-diet)
Chest Nipple line - 41 inches.
stomach upper- 36 inches
stomach belly button - 40 inches
Right arm - 15.75 inches
Left arm - 15 inches
Left inner thigh - 23 inch
Right inner thigh 23 inch

So in 2 months I lost about 25 pounds. I did this by pretty much getting rid of bread, flour, and grains although I still had carbs. I ate alot of veggies, salads, and lean meats. It wasn’t always perfect and there was cheat meals–but there was some major changes.

Ill add the pics in the next post from today.

First pic

Second. I dont know how to do more then 1 pic per post.

third

So as you can see although I just lost 25 pounds I still have a ton of work. I lift much heavier weight then my pics show I would think ( I bench press 95 pound dumbbells for 10 reps). I am all about lifting as hard as possible.

Again, you can see my before pics in my first post. But these last 6 pics are from today.

Hey VD (I’m going to assume that does not stand for the acronym that came immediately to mind),

I think having tried the diet before shows a sign of courage. I’ve known about the diet for years, but have been too scared to try it until now. I’m on day 4 and it’s tough and easy all at the same time.

But I do know if you tell yourself you’ll finish you will, but sticking to your word to yourself for some reason can be one of the hardest promises to keep. Or maybe that’s just me. Either way, lots of luck.

V-dieting is a lot like AA, the first half is hell, then it becomes habit, and it’s always one day at a time (self defense - I am not speaking from experience on the AA part).

LTD- Thanks. I remember from the last times trying it the first few days are the hardest. I remember it took almost a week to get used to it. Especially after the first weigh in. These last few days have been cake. Just dont think about it. The beauty of the diet is how simple, and little you have to think about food is. I used to spend half the day thinking about what to cook.

VD-ha, it stands for Velocity diet. Im not big into the forum thing, esp when I signed up so i went generic for the name. As you can see I took out my face in the first pics. Now I could care less…

Ok Day 3 complete.

Actually had the first HSM today. Belated fathers day dinner took the pops to outback/movie. Had the small prime rib, and mushrooms. Funny I didn’t even consider bread right in front of me, or movie popcorn next to me all night. Had two less shakes today as Im not hungry at all.

25 days left.

People who can say this make me sick (joking, mostly…):
“Funny I didn’t even consider bread right in front of me, or movie popcorn next to me all night. Had two less shakes today as Im not hungry at all.”

Dante has a special circle for you people.

[quote]LTD4me wrote:
“Funny I didn’t even consider bread right in front of me, or movie popcorn next to me all night. Had two less shakes today as Im not hungry at all.”

Dante has a special circle for you people. [/quote]
Not to hijack VD’s log, but…

LTD: Trust me, if you stick with it to the end, you WILL be one of those people. I’ll reserve a seat for you. I just have to find Dante’s phone #. I think it is unlisted.

[quote]LTD4me wrote:

Dante has a special circle for you people. [/quote]

I really have not had bread in a few months, or just had it sparingly. I did the Vdiet after eating like a fat pig the first two times–This time the exact opposite. So I hope that helps.

But even if I didn’t, would you want Bread or popcorn if this prime rib was coming to you in a few minutes?

Day 4 complete.

Totally underate today. Only three shakes. I was supposed to work out but I am too tired to. I had to have dental work today, and got put out. Came home and slept 6 hours and still feel like crap. Im going back to pass out again, and will adjust my workouts accordingly.

I ordered some Davinci flavors to add to my shakes. I hate strawberry Drive, so a month of these three flavors is going to get tiresome very soon. Also going to order FA3 tommorow as Chris recommended. The first two times I did the diet the flax killed my stomach. I feel great so far without it.

Also considering adding a Mag pulse once or twice weekly during this month.

24 days left.

Day 5 complete.

Made dinner for the rents. Made butternut squash fries, and burgers. I like to cook a lot, and saw this one recipe I had to try. Bacon jam! Sounds weird but it was on diners,drive in and dives and people were loving it. Anyway made it today and everyone loved it. What’s crazy is I had zero desire to eat, and actually sat at the dinner table with my drive.

Anyway did a ton of reading on MAG-10. I might order and start pulsing next week on a off days.

Today was my first activity, and did a ton of swimming. Almost a half mile. Looking forward to heavy lifting this weekend. I have not had a ton of carbs in awhile and looking forward to surge.

Anyway 23 days left. 1 day closer to abs.

Question, doing a Pulse on the V-Diet? Is that something people tend to do? I thought it was usually the week after the finish they throw in one or two. Sounds like your not doing the V-Diet. Love some input on it though because I know Chris has said to experiment for the veterans of the diet.

[quote]KcThrows wrote:
Question, doing a Pulse on the V-Diet? Is that something people tend to do? I thought it was usually the week after the finish they throw in one or two. Sounds like your not doing the V-Diet. Love some input on it though because I know Chris has said to experiment for the veterans of the diet. [/quote]
Check this out:

For the record, I think I would have probably gnawed my own arm off had I tried to pulse fast in the midst of the V-Diet and going from 5 shakes the day before to 36 hours of pulse fast, back to HSM and 4 shakes.

Dude,

Good to hear you are giving it a third go and hope it works out for you BUT…

Are you doing the diet?

I’m reading 3 shakes a day etc…you have to have the 5 even if you feel sick. Otherwise you probably don’t get enough nutrients/calories to feed your muscles and potentially you could be wasting away no matter how hard you lift.

Remember to keep/grow muscle, you have to eat.

Good luck with the rest of it!

I’m at the end of the 2nd week, first week was hell…hard to get used to but now pretty easy and not very hungry. Just stick it out, it does get easier.