Here I go again. I stated in a previous post that I have failed the V-diet two times before, it had not failed me. My de-railer was always alcohol.
So here I go for a third time with many good reasons, more than ever really, to give it a good go. With that in mind, I am going to create my own kind of log with my own categories. Something I hope will motivate me and maybe others.
START DATE: Sunday, June 6th, 2021.
Why am I doing this diet?
- To jump start my weight loss plan. I need to drop around 20% body weight.
- To be healthy.
- To lower my triglycerides.
- To live longer because…
- I have my very young kids to be around for.
- I have my wife I need to be there for, and to torture of course.
- To be in better shape for my job, which can be physically demanding
- To set a good example for my kids and even my wife. Lead from the front.
- To look better in clothes.
- To lessen the chance of heart attack or stroke.
- To get my love of beer in check.
- To stop making excuses.
- To start good habits.
I am keeping this realistic for my personal needs. I won’t be measuring anything other than maybe my waist…because that is my primary goal. And even with that, my goal is to lose fat and keep losing fat…the waist size will come with that.
Height: 6’0" (182ish CM)
My promise to myself, my friends, my wife, and this forum:
Consistent (daily) reporting which hopefully means greater accountability. Wityh this promise in mind I will report:
- The facts
- The failures
- The successes
- The emotions
- The feedback
- The excuses
- The food I eat
- The things I drink (even alcohol…damn you, summertime beers!)
- Any substitutions I make to the prescribed V-diet products
It is important for me to note, and this may frustrate some, I will not be following the exercises as described for a few reasons:
- My spine surgery from a few years ago prevents me from heavy lifting. Although ironically, I can carry my fat ass around.
- I’ve just started a running routine with my wife and if I stick to it, she will stick to it. So I have to keep that going. Which may mean a need for more calorie intake. I’ll be using trial and error.
- I will try to follow the prescribed routines as closely as possible using the dumbbells I have.
My current stack (vitamins/supplements):
- Magnesium capsule
- Garlic/Turmeric/Bioperine/Ginger/Curcumin capsules
- Vitamin D3
- Creatine (in the form of Kre-Alkalyn capsules)
That’s it for now.