Biotest

Thick Shakes - alternate ways to get 'em down?

Chocolate Metabolic Drive is great…shakes well and is “thin” on the way down! Banana, Strawberry and Vanilla however are thick when I use the same amount of water (approx 3/4 of a standard “popeyes” shaker cup). Any tips, receipes or ideas on how to down them easier (aside from more water which just makes the task twice as daunting!)

I may just need to suck it up but the thickness almost had me gag the other day and I was only at 2 scoops.

The only real solution is to use more water. Though I suggest blending the shakes – with a little ice is my favorite – rather than using a shaker bottle. It makes them very milkshake-like, which you may not like, but I’ve never complained about having to drink too much of a tasty milkshake!

If you’re in an office, class, or on the road you can pick up a small single serving blender for about 15 bucks. Cheap and handy.

You can change up the flavors, but not with anything that adds calories. Cinnamon, apple or pumpkin pie spice blend, liquid extracts (peppermint drops are great), etc. This will add some variety without changing the macros or calories.

Thanks, Chris.

Could just be because it’s early on in the diet (4th day) and I’m still getting used to drinking only shakes all day but I’ll try more water, and some ice, and perhaps some of the spices you mentioned.

Maybe combining some of the flavours may mix it up a little bit too.
Regardless, the progress thus far is enough to make me forget about the thickness and just soldier onward if these are the gains (losses) I can expect.

Cheers!

Combining flavors. I forgot about that tip. Yes, works very well. Chocolate + banana cream Metabolic Drive is great.

You can also use zero-calorie, Da Vinci sugar-free syrups. They make tons of flavors, but this tends to create a super-sweet shake.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Combining flavors. I forgot about that tip. Yes, works very well. Chocolate + banana cream Metabolic Drive is great.
[/quote]

Oh god, yes! Chocolate & banana MD with a dollop of natural peanut butter and only a little bit of water, all mixed up. Eat with a spoon. Although probably not good if you’re on the V-diet and trying to reset your sweet food cravings!