Biotest

ThePope's V-Diet Log

Hello Everybody!

I’ve been a longtime lurker, and have now decided to take the plunge and go for a full transformation with the V-Diet.

Stats:
Height: 6’2’'
Weight: 215

This is day 1 on the diet, measurements and photos to come later, left them at the house.

Questions:
I woke up and took the first HOT-ROX at 7:15am, had the breakfast shake at 8:15. If I have the second shake at noon, and plan to head to the gym at 1, when should I take the second dose of HOT-ROX?

Many people have mentioned chewing gum on these various threads/logs. Is chewing gum ok? Ordinarily I would go through 4-5 pieces of sugar free gum a day. Are the 4-5 extra carbs grams a huge issue? I don’t mind the taste of the shakes, but find the hour later aftertaste to be less than delicious.

Welcome to the V-Diet!

1. You want your second dose to come about 6 hours later than the first. Just don’t take them too late in the day since HOT-ROX does have stimulatory properties.

2. I’d avoid the gum. Granted, a piece or two a day is okay, especially if it helps you get through a craving or something in the first week or two of the diet, but don’t go crazy on it.

Day 1 recap:

Is it me or does the vanilla and chocolate Metabolic Drive taste vaguely of cake batter?

Anyway,
Day one went pretty good. Never really got hungry. Slight headache around bedtime, nothing serious.

7:15 wake up, 1 HRX
8:00 shake 1 scoop vanilla, 1 scoop banana blended with ice.

12:00 shake 2 scoops chocolate, 3 Flameout

1:30 gym, beginner workout, 1 scoop raspberry Surge with water

3:00 shake 2 scoops strawberry (my favorite) with 1 tbsp Flax

6:30 shake 1 scoop banana 1 scoop chocolate with 1 HRX

7:30 2 tbsp Peanut Butter

9:30 shake 1 scoop vanilla 1 scoop banana with 3 Flameout

This is my first time taking the HRX and I don’t really feel anything from taking one does at a time. Will try taking two tomorrow morning and see if anything changes. My workout schedule should remain the same (going to the gym around 1:30). Should I continue to pop the second dose of HRX around 6:30? or should I take it before going to the gym (which is roughly 6 hours after the first dose)?

Photos:

Side:

Back

[quote]ThePope78705 wrote:

This is my first time taking the HRX and I don’t really feel anything from taking one does at a time. Will try taking two tomorrow morning and see if anything changes. My workout schedule should remain the same (going to the gym around 1:30). Should I continue to pop the second dose of HRX around 6:30? or should I take it before going to the gym (which is roughly 6 hours after the first dose)?[/quote]

At full dosage, you may like the extra energy boost from taking it pre-training. Plus I’d personally be weary of taking it as late as 6:30PM.

But everyone is different. Some don’t “feel” it much at full dosages (it’s still helping with fat loss and muscle retention though, even if you don’t feel it) and some can’t even handle one capsule a day because they get too wired. You just have to experiment during the first few days of usage to see what works best for you.

Welcome to the V-Diet bro! Ill certainly stop back to check on your results, remember if you need a support group were all in this together!

Day 2 recap:

Pretty easy so far, no real headaches or hunger problems.

I’m starting to get used to the taste of the shakes. Still have to heavily dilute the vanilla shakes and then slam them, but the others flavors are getting better.

Before I forget again, I did get in a NEPA walk on Monday around 6:00pm, 45 minutes around the neighborhood with the dog.

I ran out of time before bowling last night and had to fit in the NEPA walk later around 10:30pm (~40 min). Is that too late in the day? I was still able to fall asleep pretty easily after the walk.

The only real time I have felt inclined to cheat is between 5-6pm. I have become so accustomed to leaving work at 5:30 and eating at 6 that I get a pavlovian response to that time of day now.
I am eating the Peanut butter straight up instead of mixing it with the 6pm shake. I love peanut butter and looking forward to actually eating something every day makes it so much easier to get through the tough times.

Serving size questions:
I think the answer is obvious, but want to check just in case.

The diet guidelines say to take two servings of milled flax a day. The box of flax I got lists one serving as 2tbsp. However, the nutritional information on the box for one serving is the same as the diet listed for two servings.

So should I be consuming 2tbsp (one serving by the box of flax) or 4tbsp (two servings by the diet)? So far I have been have 2tbsp, one at noon and one at 6pm.

Also, The peanut butter label reads one serving is 2 tbsp and the nutritional information matches that of the diet. Is 2 tbsp the correct amount to have a day?

[quote]ThePope78705 wrote:
Day 2 recap:

Also, The peanut butter label reads one serving is 2 tbsp and the nutritional information matches that of the diet. Is 2 tbsp the correct amount to have a day?
[/quote]

I was actually hoping for verification on the PB issue too. Most of my “meals” are in the 165 - 225 range (depending on flax/flamout consumption, however my evening meal is at 360 b/c it includes 2 Tb (1 serving) of PB AND a serving of Flax. It seems just wrong to me that my last “meal” of the day is the highest in overall calories. Even if I were to move the Flax to the meal before, my final meal would still be 300, significantly higher than the rest. I’m assuming that this is okay and expected?

Another question along the same lines - I seem to remember reading one post that mentioned that the ground flax should not be consumed at the same time as the Flameout. (Or this could just be me thinking along the lines of not consuming additional carbs and fat in the same feeding . . can’t remember if I read this or if it was just a thought I had).

I’d like to move my evening flax from my final meal to the one before, however this is when I will be taking my second dose of Flameout. Would consuming flax and Flameout in the same feeding reduce the beneficial effects of either?

(Sorry to hijack your thread!)

Thanks,
Christie

Day 3 recap:

Today kind of sucked.

Started out strong, but a hectic work day delayed my 1:30pm workout (when the gym is empty) to 5:30 (when the gym is packed). I don’t know if it was the added stress of the day or what, but the Surge gave me a stomach ache that turned into mild nausea for the rest of the night.

When I got home from the gym I felt like I was about to go into a comma. It ended up taking me an hour to finish the Surge, then another hour and a half to finish the next shake. I ended up drinking the final shake around 10pm (went to bed at midnight)

Got in the NEPA walk late again, 45 mins w/dog.

This morning still feel a little unsettled, but was able to get the first shake down without too many complaints.

P.S. hijack away, this isn’t my thread, i’m just renting it.

Day 4 recap:

Went a little better, stomach pains have more or less subsided. I think the fiber is helping. Got in a short NEPA walk last night (~30 min), about 15 minutes into it I needed a bathroom pretty bad, so I trimmed the walk short.

Hopefully the Surge will go down a little easier toady. Is the chocolate flavor any better than the raspberry?