Biotest

The Wifey and I Are In!

My wife and I are in the midst of a 12 week challenge and are both trying to shed the pesky pounds that years of apathy and bad eating have brought about. I have a love for lifting, but diet has always kept me from getting lean.

My wife has never really lifted (in spite of my nagging), but she has found a love for running since the birth of our second child, and has recently completed two half marathons.

She has struggled with Graves disease, and she has struggled making progress over the past 6 weeks, even thought she is pretty solid with her diet. So, we decided that the V-Diet would be the best way to really make a difference and help us finally be proud of the way we look at the beach!! Here are our stats starting 3/4/09 (3/5 was Day 1). Pics are to follow. Wish us luck! (I’ll be posting for both of us)

Ruggerjb
Height: 6’2
Weight: 234.6 lbs
Neck: 17.5
Shoulders: 50
Upper Chest: 45.5
Lower Chest: 46.5
Waist (Navel): 40.5
Waist at largest: 40.5
Hips at Largest: 44
Upper Arm (Both): 16 Relaxed/16.75 Flexed
Forearm: 12
Upper Leg (Both): 27
Lower Leg: 15.5
Ankle (Both): 10.5

Mrs. Ruggerjb
Height: 5’ 9
Weight: 172 lbs
Neck: 13.75
Shoulders: 40.5
Upper Chest: 37.25
Lower Chest: 39.75
Waist (Navel): 38
Waist at largest: 41
Hips at Largest: 41.25
Upper Arm (Both): 12.5 Relaxed/12.75 Flexed
Forearm: 10
Upper Leg (Both): 24.75
Lower Leg: 15
Ankle (Both): 9.5

Mr. Ruggerjb on 3/4/09

Mrs. Ruggerjb on 3/4/09

Hey Guys!

I think it’s GREAT that you are doing this together! You’ll both be able to sympathize with each other and will probably be a little more understanding if one or the other of you is a little cranky or tired!

Plus if one of you has a bad day the other one can be the cheerleader to help you pull through!

Can’t wait to follow your progress!

After two full days of MD shakes only, we are both doing pretty well. We both completed our first lifting workouts today. I have never really done Overhead Squats…man, my quads are toast today!!

Mrs. Rugg found her workout painful I think…I hope she can keep focused on the lifting long enough to realize how rewarding it can be!!

BTW, as you can tell on my pic, I had neck surgery the end of last year, and will have to limit my weight on some of the lifts…but everything feels pretty good right now. More to come!

Had to include this…we did only purchase half what we need…couldn’t quite cover the $1,200 all at once! I’ll fill out the rest next week.

Thanks for the support Christie! I’m excited that my wife agreed to this as well! It’s hard enough eating healthy with two small children in the house as well…it’s MUCH better with us doing this together!! How’s Texas these days?? We moved here from Houston 3 years ago.

Congrats on your results as well! You look great!

Couples usually do very well on the V-Diet. Keep us updated!

Thanks Chris! I’ve been reading your stuff for years!

I also have graves disease. Did she have the radiation or take the PTU and try and bring it down? Is she taking the HOT-ROX. My doc strongly advised my not to. He even called me at home after my visit to discuss it again.

She took the radioactive iodine pills several years back, which basically toasted her Thyroid and tossed her headlong into Hypothyroidism. Since then, her hormone levels are constantly fluctuating and her medication strengths change several times a year.

As far as the HOT-ROX, she’s taken it regularly in the past without incident, and takes it now. Due to her very low Thyroid function, she is amusingly tolerant of stimulants - they hardly seem to impact her at all (you should see how she can plow through the espresso and energy drinks! - not during the V-Diet, of course!)

wish u guys super best and hope u keep us posted abt ur adventure

Holy smokes I’m sore today!! A new routine was obviously a good idea for me!

Great to have you both on board! I wish I could get my wife to do the V-Diet with me.

diver - keep trying! What are her reservations? Maybe I can get my wife to post some thoughts about why she is doing it - and maybe her progress will help convince yours to give it a try? I’m psyched we are in it together…I need to be accountable to someone other than myself, but mostly, we are both competitive, so I can’t let her beat me!!! :slight_smile:

Awsome. Great to have a partner in a challenge like this. I just ordered my Biotest goodies and the V starts for me on March 22nd. Looking forward to following your progress and offering support if needed. Now get ripped!

Good luck to you both! I’m actually glad my husband isn’t doing it with me. He has been so great in cooking all the meals for our 3 kids and really helping me out when it’s been difficult ( and it has!).And I can’t imagine having two of us cranky in the house! :slight_smile:

I wish you guys the best! You will at least understand what each other is going through. That will be nice. I also have hypothyroidism and the HOT-ROX hasn’t been a problem for me either. I didn’t realize that might have something to do with it. Looking forward to seeing both of yours results!

Whew! Today was brutal! I got up at 5:15am for a 1hr NEPA walk, and went to work for a busy day. I have been dealing with avery uncomfortable backup in my plumbing (so to speak) due to the shift in diet, and was feeling prety crappy all day (I’ve added some stool softeners to my daily intake!).

I made it to the gym for my second advanced program lifting day which was rough! Having a crampy stomach for deadlifts and hanging leg raises was a real treat!! Nevertheless, I made it through, and gave a pretty solid effort, I think. However, by the time I got home from work at 6 I was toast!! Tired, a little light-headed, crabby, and kinda hating the world!! So the Mrs. and I got to be crabby together, and then everyone was fine!

I’m pretty psyched…even though our HSM this weekend was a little more S than H…I’m already down 5 lbs in 5 days of V-Dieting. I hadn’t expected that since we’ve already been on a reduced-calorie program for the past 7 weeks and I thought to had moved past the water weight loss already.

This brings my 7 week total to 22 lbs. My hope was that the V-Diet would ensure that I get to 220 (31 lb. loss) and still maintain some muscle, but I think I may just beat that! Baby steps!

My wife is doing well - she breezes through the diet, but is most challenged with the workouts. I need to hire some really hot trainer to come in here and motivate her - after 15 yrs. together, she doesn’t want to hear it from me!!

Hope everyone is doing well!! Keep on truckin!

Mr. Rugg

[quote]ruggerjb wrote:
She took the radioactive iodine pills several years back, which basically toasted her Thyroid and tossed her headlong into Hypothyroidism. Since then, her hormone levels are constantly fluctuating and her medication strengths change several times a year.

As far as the HOT-ROX, she’s taken it regularly in the past without incident, and takes it now. Due to her very low Thyroid function, she is amusingly tolerant of stimulants - they hardly seem to impact her at all (you should see how she can plow through the espresso and energy drinks! - not during the V-Diet, of course!)[/quote]

That is to bad about her thyroid. I have never heard of anyone having good results with the radioactive iodine. You would think after all these years they would be able to give the correct dose to just slow it down instead of killing it.

I decided to just take the pills and after three years I finally am back to normal and off the meds. I am afraid if I take the HOT-ROX it will but me back hyper. I am going to try it with out it in a couple of weeks. Good luck you two.

Its awesome you guys are doing this together… good luck!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.