Biotest

The Volumized Cheeseburger

[quote]Enerexus wrote:
andrewe123 wrote:
Chris,

Have you ever made any recipes with the dairy product quark? I have never seen it mentioned on any American bodybuilding sites, but it is reasonably popular in the UK. It’s a soft cheese with nutritional stats very similar to cottage cheese, but with a little less carbs and and fat and with a much nicer texture. You can make dessert type protein meals with it.

Is this like the French dairy product called “fromage blanc” (literally, “white cheese”)? When I was living there, it was a perfect ingredient for dips and desserts. Besides, the 0% fat version didn’t have any added carbs.

Back to Chris’ post, volumizing rocks! I specially like giant salads with a lot of greens and spices. I mean GIANT.
[/quote]

I think FattyFat over in the T-Cell mentions Quark somewhere.

[quote]nz6stringaxe wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
I always hate it when people say, “Well, Chris, I could have a six-pack too if I ate carrot sticks all day like you.”

Does this look like carrot sticks, bub?

I can relate. People think you spend 30 hours a week in the gym and eat unappetizing foods… if only they knew. Good post Mr. Shugart.[/quote]

Olive Oil, Beans, and Chicken Breast!

I dont think I have ever seen a better looking burger.

hey Chris have u ever tried the omega-3 enriched mayo? do u know if it’s better than regular?

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:

The problems are that the mix gets a little soft if it has too much moisture. I have been trying to come up with something to add to stiffen it up–traditionally bread crumbs are used and do work well. But if anyone has any ideas for this I would love to hear them.[/quote]

I’ve blitzed some oats in the blender before and used that as an alternative to bread crumbs and its worked fine.

[quote]andrewe123 wrote:
Chris,

Have you ever made any recipes with the dairy product quark? I have never seen it mentioned on any American bodybuilding sites, but it is reasonably popular in the UK. It’s a soft cheese with nutritional stats very similar to cottage cheese, but with a little less carbs and and fat and with a much nicer texture. You can make dessert type protein meals with it.[/quote]

I normally interchange between cottage cheese and quark, though I prefer the texture of quarks. Good stuff.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
hey Chris have u ever tried the omega-3 enriched mayo? do u know if it’s better than regular?[/quote]

I have used some Smart Balance mayo when in a pinch, but it still contains some not-so-great fats and sugar. Better than regular I suppose. Just check the label and macros and compare side by side: http://www.smartbalance.com/MayonnaiseFamily.aspx

Some health foods stores are carrying flax mayo now. Worth checking into.

And here’s some better choices, though I’m not crazy about canola oil (see Dr. Bowden’s recent comments here at TMuscle) used in some of these:

http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=57

[quote]kanew wrote:
BigJawnMize wrote:

The problems are that the mix gets a little soft if it has too much moisture. I have been trying to come up with something to add to stiffen it up–traditionally bread crumbs are used and do work well. But if anyone has any ideas for this I would love to hear them.

I’ve blitzed some oats in the blender before and used that as an alternative to bread crumbs and its worked fine.

[/quote]

Good thought here on using oats. Works great in meatloaf. http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/meatloaf_for_meatheads

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
kanew wrote:
BigJawnMize wrote:

The problems are that the mix gets a little soft if it has too much moisture. I have been trying to come up with something to add to stiffen it up–traditionally bread crumbs are used and do work well. But if anyone has any ideas for this I would love to hear them.

Good thought here on using oats. Works great in meatloaf. http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/meatloaf_for_meatheads [/quote]

I concur. I have used this in meatloaf before, just wasn’t putting 2 and 2 together.

People really need to try that burger recipe-diet or not. Makes an absolutely terrific burger…add cheddar for even more goodness. I also will season the base a little differently using anything from fresh herbs to some of the store bought grill seasonings.

I bet the onion and apple recipe would work well as a turkey burger with some fresh sage and a little cheap chardonay (instead of worchester).

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:

People really need to try that burger recipe-diet or not. Makes an absolutely terrific burger…add cheddar for even more goodness. I also will season the base a little differently using anything from fresh herbs to some of the store bought grill seasonings.

I bet the onion and apple recipe would work well as a turkey burger with some fresh sage and a little cheap chardonay (instead of worchester).[/quote]

Sounds great. And I’m reading this at 7AM. Hey, if you add turkey bacon it’s automatically breakfast, right??

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Sounds great. And I’m reading this at 7AM. Hey, if you add turkey bacon it’s automatically breakfast, right??[/quote]

Heck go australian and throw an fried egg on it as well…

Made these last night. Very good.

[quote]MizzouDawg wrote:
Made these last night. Very good. [/quote]

Awesome. Thanks!

made them tonight, overcooked the burgers slightly so they were a little dry, but man that sauce is absolutely delicoius!!

Mine didnt come out quite as good looking as yours Chris…but my god they were tasty.

Looks fantastic, but does anyone have recommendations on the best brand of turkey bacon?

And you could make a loco moco and then you wouldn’t even in need bread! Just minus the gravy.

Instead of using bread, put the burger between a pair of 1/2" thick slices of grilled eggplant. I did this last night and it was great.

One thing I would do differently with the “eggplant bun” is to make the burgers smaller so they can fit on the eggplant slices. Instead of one big burger make 2-3 turkey/eggplant “sliders”.

Obviously this burger is awesome, but I was wondering if it’s possible to make hamburger buns with almond flour? Could you just take a regular bun recipe and substitute the flour for almond flour, add an egg or two, and maybe throw in a little bit of yeast? I haven’t done too much with the almond flour so I don’t know what can or can’t be done.

[quote]XBonesX wrote:
Obviously this burger is awesome, but I was wondering if it’s possible to make hamburger buns with almond flour? Could you just take a regular bun recipe and substitute the flour for almond flour, add an egg or two, and maybe throw in a little bit of yeast? I haven’t done too much with the almond flour so I don’t know what can or can’t be done.[/quote]

I haven’t tried these yet, but they seem popular with others:

Chris, try chopping up the peppers and putting them in the actual ground turkey and pour some adobo juice in the meat. In my opinion it tastes even better with this change

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.