Biotest

The V-Couple

wow her waist is only an inch and a half smaller than mine.

Granted Im sure thats because shes female and has considerably wider hips.

Its fairly clear from the first picture of her that she is in decent shape, I expect she will see very noticeable results from this diet.

You guys seem to be doing good with the diet aside from some of the shake mixing disasters! In regards to the crystal light substitute and it being approved…I have read about multiple people using that as a substitute for the water but officially I am not sure.

I would think so long as it doesnt greatly affect your calorie count it wouldnt be that big of a deal. Good job so far and good luck.

[quote]Westclock wrote:

Its fairly clear from the first picture of her that she is in decent shape, I expect she will see very noticeable results from this diet.[/quote]

The measurement tape went around her hips (widest part)

I think attempting to compare a females hip size to a male’s waist size would not make any sense. Her ‘waist’ would be infact about 6 inches smaller than yours.

but hey, as long as she looks good nekkid, numbers are irrelevant to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote]Westclock wrote:

[/quote]

Haha, easy killa. Aren’t you aware of things you just don’t say? (Even if they’re true) Kidding. Yeah, I guess I should have said hips and not waist? Is there really a difference? Oh well.

So I was wondering if anyone doing this has lost their appetite within the first few days? Not that I don’t occasionally daydream about what I would do for a giant Chicken Caesar pita, but I just can’t finish/consume as many shakes as I am supposed to, and it’s making my caloric intake considerably lower than it’s supposed to be.

Yeah, that’s how I got for a while, probably all of the second week and half of the third. I just started doing more NEPA, getting up more at work to move around - like I would get the stuff I print each time I press the button, as opposed to getting it all at once.
I also started adding less water and ice to my shakee. And, I started making the ones earlier in the day slightly larger (more dense).

[quote]OuchThatHurt wrote:
Westclock wrote:

Haha, easy killa. Aren’t you aware of things you just don’t say? (Even if they’re true) Kidding. Yeah, I guess I should have said hips and not waist? Is there really a difference? Oh well.

[/quote]

Ah yes…I see how what I said is a tad “off color”. Didnt mean it that way, I was simply musing to myself about male/female differences in structure.

Women sizes aren’t usually in inches for clothes so I had never really thought about it before.

As for the trouble drinking shakes, add as little water as possible for it to still be liquid, my post workout shake is composed of whey and maltodextrin, and its very difficult to get down if I add too much water to it.

Its not the shake thats making you full, its the 16-18 oz of water.

Add like half a drinking glass of water and it will go more smoothly.

Good luck, you two. It’s nice to have someone there for support and motivation. Try not to kill each other. :slight_smile:

Good luck! I’ll be watching as I’m considering trying the diet myself.

Ouchthathurt- You have a good starting base. What are your goals over the next month and long-term?

I wonder if your losing your appetite due to the repetition/lack of solid food in the diet (I’m sure that’s part of it). I’ll be interested to see how you feel after your solid food meal this week.

So, I went home for the weekend to visit the family, and needless tosay it took all of 5 minutes for me to figure out why this diet is so difficult if you’re doing it by yourself.

I met my mom for (her) lunch at firehouse subs and then she preceded to take me to wal-mart and walk me through every isle of the supercenter. Right after we left she told me we were celebrating my uncle’s birthday tonight with hotdogs and a cookie cake. As I sat at the dinner table I think I cried a little.

Anyway, on the brighter side, tomorrow is MEAL day! HOW EXCITING! I am almost nervous, because I don’t want it to be a breaking point for me to decide this just may not be worth it. We also weight in and Monday we should have up new pictures.

Way to stick with it! Did your mom [and family] understand it at all? You seem to already be in pretty good shape, which means you probably already eat pretty heathly…

good luck to you both, I think it’s cool you’re doing it together to give each other more support

[quote]OuchThatHurt wrote:
So, I went home for the weekend to visit the family, and needless tosay it took all of 5 minutes for me to figure out why this diet is so difficult if you’re doing it by yourself.

I met my mom for (her) lunch at firehouse subs and then she preceded to take me to wal-mart and walk me through every isle of the supercenter. Right after we left she told me we were celebrating my uncle’s birthday tonight with hotdogs and a cookie cake. As I sat at the dinner table I think I cried a little.

Anyway, on the brighter side, tomorrow is MEAL day! HOW EXCITING! I am almost nervous, because I don’t want it to be a breaking point for me to decide this just may not be worth it. We also weight in and Monday we should have up new pictures.[/quote]

Yes. This week I had to sit there and watch my friend eat Pizza and a calzone whiile I had my Strwberry shake with flax. Also last night, my friend decided to get Burger King after the movies.

“The stronggg will never fall”

Keep it up.

You guys are awesome keep up the good work and best of luck to both!

thanks everyone for the support.

mmmmh, yesterday was grilled cajun seasoned shrimp with some lime juice in pasta.

looking foward to the next week of the v-diet. i really am impressed/surprised how much energy i have, and how i still feel the ‘desire’ to go to the gym and lift. I was pretty confident that I was going to feel sluggish and tired all the time.

We both work in the bar/club scene, so our halloween party is going to be this wednesday. Hopefully we’ll be able to pick out some costumes that show some skin. don’t i wish we would of started this a few ago. lol.

Day 8:

I am so fucking hungry. Today is the first day I have actually been HUNGRY - as in not full - from the Metabolic Drive shakes. I honestly feel like I’m going to eat my arm off.

However, we did weigh in today, and even though I didn’t do it in the morning when I woke up (like Chris said we’re supposed to) after two shakes and a couple of bottled waters I came in at 126 pounds. Four pounds less than I was 8 days ago! Not too bad. Definitely a good little motivation there.

Good job on the weight loss!

If I got hungry on the diet, I chewed on some sugar free fiber tabs and drank a 5cal crystal light bottle. Usually held me over until my next shake.

HolyMac, for your next HSM, I think you’d be better off choosing a healthier carb source than pasta. Nice job with the shrimp, though! :slight_smile: Cajun sounds good right about now.

you guys keep killing it …

My first bit of real hunger came on day 8 too – though, I think that had a lot to do with my ankle and being depressed about it.

but – I going to do an upper-body work out this afternoon and I think that will boost my attitude some.

keep it going…

So, my boyfriend and I were working out yesterday doing legs and at the beginning we usually warm up with squats. His technique, however, is different than what I have been taught because he goes past parallel before he raises up. He claims it’s beneficial to get the full range of motion from the squat. I have always been told by coaches/trainers that going PAST parallel was bad for the ligaments/tendons in the knees. I was just curious to others techniques or input?

definitely deep is good! just don’t bounce in to and out of the hole (i.e. the very bottom). Try and fire quad and glutes all at the same time too. Looking forward to you guys’ after pics!

[quote]tomcoves wrote:
definitely deep is good! just don’t bounce in to and out of the hole (i.e. the very bottom). Try and fire quad and glutes all at the same time too. Looking forward to you guys’ after pics![/quote]

Thanks. Ha, he will never let me hear the end of this one, though. Thanks for all the support as well from everyone. The second week started off a little tough, but everything is going well now. I think I just had a case of the Mondays. We should have our “halfway pictures” up Sunday night as well as our new measurements right before our 2nd meal. We’re making arrangements for a sushi night! OMG I can’t wait. Eel, salmon, & spicy tuna. YUMMY!

=)

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.