Biotest

The V-Couple

Hey guys. My bf and I decided to take the plunge and go on the V-Diet.

Started it 20 OCT 2008. Took the pictures at the end of the first night.

Wow holy cow. I didn’t realize how much fat i was holding on my love handles till i finally saw the back picture of me.

The shakes taste so much better when you reduce the amount of water. Ice also helps greatly. The last shake of the day I make super thick with peanut butter and chocolate Metabolic Drive. Eat with a spoon and not bad.

My only modification is that I’d like to lift 4x a week. Chris, should I continue to take Surge on that extra day of lifting, or should I only work 3 Surge days into my week?

Standing 5’9.5 (love that extra half inch, lol)
weight = 215lbs

We only have those metal tape measures, will have to go out and buy a fabric one tomorrow.

HolyMacaroni,
I feel ya on the love handle thing man! All you ever see is the front and you think “its not that bad”, and then you take that back pic and its like “where the hell did that come from!”. It definitely increases the motivation and shows you why the diet is needed…at least it did for me. Goodluck to you and your girl on the diet!!

good luck guys – we started the same day! I’ll be monitoring your progress.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

My only modification is that I’d like to lift 4x a week. Chris, should I continue to take Surge on that extra day of lifting, or should I only work 3 Surge days into my week?

[/quote]

You should lift 3 times per week and follow Chad’s workout to a T. [smiley face and all that]

[quote]thejkl wrote:
good luck guys – we started the same day! I’ll be monitoring your progress.[/quote]

awesome man, gl to you as well.

haha, noticed you’re from bama as well. you near the university?

HM & OTT…good choice to go together on this. Lots of encouragement is needed and this forum can help. 28 days is not much.
Read, study and work it. From the pics you sent I see a couple perfect candidates.
You will be thrilled with the results.

We’ll be watching.

[quote]OuchThatHurt wrote:
thejkl wrote:
good luck guys – we started the same day! I’ll be monitoring your progress.

awesome man, gl to you as well.

haha, noticed you’re from bama as well. you near the university?[/quote]

university of mobile – I assume you meant t-town. No, Lower Alabama for me.

I’ll be checking your thread for your results – you do the same!

So the gf has been banned from any shake making.

We have one of those ‘hamilton beach’ blenders with the attachable spout to pour margaritas from. decided to opt out and just keep the cap on it.

well, had the cap off b/c i had cleaned the blender and was letting it dry. gf proceeds to fill the blender with powder and water with the cap still open and just stands there watching it spill out the bottom.

on round two she dumped 4 scoops of Metabolic Drive into the blender (we were making both at one time) and 4 servings of flax. she THEN added a tiny amount of water b/c she told me she was going to make it thick. because all the powder was on the bottom, it causd the blender to shoot out pulverized Metabolic Drive powder everywhere.

and for the knockout, the shake was so thick , the entire blender was coated in it, instead of added a tad more water, it was ust scraped off into the sink.

now our kitchen looks like an epileptic 4yr old with ADD ran around smearing chocolate Metabolic Drive shake all over the counter and then exploded a container in the center of the kitchen floor.

whew…ok i feel better

btw, is there a consensus on crystal light or a generic drink mix? with no sugar and 5 cal a serving, it would be a great way to drink something other than shakes and ice water.

Okay, okay. In my defense I saved most of the shake. And it was damn good. The flax part throws me off. Tastes kind of like a milkshake full of bird seed. Not that I would know what that tastes like. . . .

We’re putting our measurements up tonight.

Get. PUMPED.

ha lol…

I can only imagine trying to do this with my wife – we would literally kill each other!

Wal-mart has a Crystal light substitute - in the one serving little packets – 0 calories – cherry is mmmmm good. I dont know if it is approved, but I am drinking at least 2 a day and it has really helped.

Good luck guys – on the shakes – put water in first and then add the powder slowly after you turn on the blender. as you know, I am new to this but it works really well.

Try adding lemon juice or lime juice to your ice water. It tastes great and helps to combat all the acidity of the protein shakes.

[quote]jlats wrote:
Try adding lemon juice or lime juice to your ice water. It tastes great and helps to combat all the acidity of the protein shakes. [/quote]

I don’t understand, how does adding lemon juice ‘combat’ acidity, considering lemon juice is a strong acid itself.

Also, I wasn’t aware that protein shakes had really strong pH lvls, whether acidic or basic.

The measurements are in!

Laura:

Waist: 32.5 (yikes)
Upper Leg: 20.5
Calf: 13.5
Boobs:37
Upper Abs: 28.5
Shoulders: 41
Upper Arm:10.5
Neck: 13

Dan:

Waist: 39
Upper Leg: 23.5
Calf: 16.5
Chest: 41.5
Upper Abs: 37
Shoulder: 53
Upper Arm: 16
Neck: 16

In the article Dr. John Berardi gave lemon juice a -2.5 PRAL score meaning it’s basic/alkaline. His chart doesn’t include whey or casein. Although, milk scored a 1.1. So now after thinking about it some more… protein shakes are probably not as acidic as animal protein.

It’s not that much of a concern while on the v-diet(which is only 28 days anyways.) Although, water w/ lemon/lime still tastes fantastic!