Biotest

The Soul Is Greater Than The World!

Where to begin! Been debating this diet for some time ever since I got Dan Johns book “Never Let Go” when it came out! After two years of a downward spiral (into a candy mountain!) fueled by a lack of sports and EpicMealTime and my love of bacon! and all you can eat buffets and and and… /cry

Anyway! Saved up some money by not drinking like my college friends all the time! Passed up on some college text books and photocopied instead and here I am waiting on the supplies in the mail!

When they arrive I’ll be ready to post my before photos, measurements, and I’ve told everyone I know :smiley: Even some random people at the gym who couldn’t get away from me at the stair master :stuck_out_tongue: Even brought all my snacks to the gym and gave them out! So no easy cheats for me!

Be back soon with my Ricky Bruch poster hanging on my ceiling cheering me on (Yes I’m serious, I’ll post that too!) to post my progress as it goes on! No work or school for the mean time so boredom is my only real problem! Lets hope the years of stalking the forums will pay off!

Suppose I’ll ask anyway! Anyone wanna throw some last minute things in that most people miss? Personal opinions? All those goodies!

Thanks everyone!

[quote]KcThrows wrote:
Suppose I’ll ask anyway! Anyone wanna throw some last minute things in that most people miss? [/quote]

Yeah- you mentioned boredom.

IMO, you have to stay BUSY with something- anything.

If you’re not mentally engaged for most of the day, you’ll get bored and want to cheat.

If you fill your day with demanding work, something that requires your attention or substantial thought, then you’ll fly through this.

Also, plan to keep a low profile until you’re done. If you keep yourself out of situations that offer temptation, then this will be a lot easier.

And depending on your BS tolerance level, you might not want to discuss this with too many people. Many who’ve done this get really frustrated with the discussions they have to have with people who are ignorant about these things, having to defend what they’re doing, or answering questions from people who “want to know more,” but will never get off their ass and do anything.

Last, don’t get bent if people don’t reply to your posts.

People are reading, and IF you do a good job, you’ll get your recognition in the end.

You’re doing this for you, not anybody else.

Okay, one more thing:

You’d better have a deep-seated burning desire to do this- something that REALLY drives you. If you’re “just trying this,” it will turn out to be a costly experiment- a source of some not-too-good feelings instead of a success story.

This is not about half-measures. Get clear on your why or you will flake.

Thanks for the advice, I actually posted out the velocity diet so people who ask me can read it instead of me explaining :stuck_out_tongue: That was my loop hole around it. I couldn’t get my best friends to join me on the diet as well but they are doing a strict diet of their own and never snack so at least the people I’ll be around have my back and won’t make any awkward situations haha!

Thanks for the response again though! It’s good to know some people are reading! :smiley:

Package status says its almost here so stats will be up soon!

Welcome aboard!

If you have any Q’s for me, be sure to drop them into the <a href="http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop"target=“new”>Ask Chris forum so I’ll see them.

Good luck with your start! I have to say, your first HSM is gonna be the best moment you’ve had in ages. And it’s so worth it to wait for that moment after all the time and money you have invested into this. I really find in my 2nd week I am learning to love food again, even though I’m not eating it.

In terms of temptation, I personally have found that placing myself in situations where people are eating is actually helpful. Even just sitting with people who are having lunch (because obviously I’m not going to take there food so it’s less accessible) reminds me that I AM capable of fighting my cravings. Now I’ve gotten to the point where I figure “I’ll be really pissed if I screw up now” so I can be around almost any food. Sure I miss it, but I know it’s going to be worthwhile in the end.

Also, chewing gum is a real good trick for when I’m craving food. Better for your teeth than ice and sort of makes you forget about eating.

The best part overall about V-Diet is all the free time! I can go to the gym whenever because I don’t have to worry about making dinner. My fiance and I are finding time to do things we didn’t have time for before. So I agree with other people - keep yourself busy. But you may be surprised how easy that is!

@Chris! Thanks will do! I think everything is covered by everyone else already so I’m good to go.

@mdstine The thing I worry most about being busy is I’m off of classes right now and work doesn’t start yet (I hope it won’t till I’m done with the first 28 days at least!)

I think I’ll use the time to study, watch a ton of movies and really put my shakti mat to use. Kinda escape everything! Like Ricky Bruch in his movie when he’s sitting on the mountain and yells! :smiley: I think I may even use my Rosetta Stone to learn German while I do this. What a better way to seem intense in the gym than with an intense language!

Oh as far as the chewing goes I may keep mouth wash on hand. I have this real nasty stuff which makes food seem gross even thinking about it! and I also have a 21 day whitening strips that I need to use for 2 30min sessions every day :smiley: Makes the teeth sensitive which should help deter any cravings.

I think one of the best things is I know that money I spent on the diet is really a lot of money to me since I live at home still and don’t pay a food bill. I’ll be pissed if I cheat myself! I want serious results!

and lastly! The GF is in Italy for close to a month! The thought of how happy she will be when she comes back to see a white smile and more importantly a much leaner man (I hope)! That makes it seriously worth it! Plus I want to compare my blood test results like Dan John did. Last doctors visit was a serious reality check for my health and that’s really why I’m doing this…(and maybe so I can take my shirt off at the beach)

Thanks again for the reply and words of motivation! Friday will be the start day for me! Just waiting on the supplies haha! :smiley:

I realize I haven’t started the diet yet :stuck_out_tongue: But like that’s gonna stop me from starting this log!

Just sorted out all my jeans and pants! So many pairs that stopped fitting the past few years! Hope most of them will fit since they are just at that uncomfortable stage :slight_smile: Plus…no more looking for a big waist and having my girlfriend shorten the legs haha

The stuff is in one day earlier than expected! My mom wasn’t very happy the box was so big :stuck_out_tongue: Took her forever to get inside the house haha

Before pictures will be up soon as well as measurements! and sorry in advance for all the posting I will probably be doing haha! I like to keep a mental log on top so I can share it with my friends and family later on.

Note to self, make sure your measuring tape still is able to make it around your waist on the day of measuring. First problem! I’m an idiot :stuck_out_tongue: A fat one clearly!

on another note…shake is super hard to put down. Never was an AM person and trying to drink this whole thing is making me slightly sick. Small stomach on a fat boy! But I’ll man up and hold my nose while sitting on the toilet drinking! Think I may have over blended it. Def go way less on water next time and way heavier on ice to prevent that foam kind of taste.

Pictures and measurements later! Starting to sound like a liar on that part by now but I swear I didn’t think I’d get so fat haha!

In the meantime.

Age 20
Height 5’8"
Weight 220.4lbs

and some other things my scale tells me (I wouldn’t believe it entirely but a reference I guess)

24.5% bodyfat
43.2% muscle mass
54.5% water weight

I’ll be using the same scale each weigh in so I don’t think numbers will matter as opposed to change in numbers anyway. As Chris and others have said before in the forums regardless I’ll let the pictures and measurements talk for themselves! and if my GF throws herself on me in a few weeks :wink:

Be back later to post everything else! I swear!

PS milled flax seed hit me when I got to the end of the shake /hurl

Found a bigger tape! Hope these are right since I did them myself.

Neck- 15 1/2
Shoulders- 51
Chest Upper- 43
Chest Lower- 41
Waist Navel- 43’ 3/4
Waist Largest- 44
Hips Largest- 42
Upper Arm L- 15
Upper Arm R- 15
Upper Leg L- 29
Upper Leg R- 29
Lower Leg L- 18
Lower Leg R- 18
Ankle L- 10
Ankle R- 10

Pictures are next post! /cry

ps. still working on the rest of my first shake…they freeze awfully fast without getting cold too! Had a puke gag quite a few times now. I think this has to do with a weak gag reflex and not actually being that full. Like a small child! A straw kinda helps funnel it without being foamy. Sure do miss my smoothies already haha!

Day 1 still

Got my NEPA walk in, felt amazing (did it in the GYM, way to hot outside for a pale Irish boy like me!)

Right after I felt awful though, had the bathroom run feeling but nothing (with a small urge to vomit). Some splashes of cold water on the face helped with the AC running in the car.

Working on my second shake for the day now, 1/2 done. Blended heavy with ice and that helped a bit. Taste isn’t so bad this time, already craving sugar and wings and other things but I’m gonna force this shake down and take a nap! Ricky is staring me down and guarding my fridge for now :stuck_out_tongue: Pics as soon as I get a cable now!

I’ve added some motivation to my mornings! Also have him on my fridge with some call outs ahah!

Before it fell off on my bedroom wall it was something like “Oink Oink, your a fatty! Prove me wrong!” Gets me going!

(and yes I did make a cut out that’s a few feet long haha, more to come as the diet goes on and my boredom grows!)

Next post will be my disgusting photos, needed a good laugh from those depressing things.

and hereeee they are…the before pictures…now I’m 100% committed to this!

Pictures really are a reality check…looking in the mirror I didn’t think I looked that bad. Under clothes I certainly didn’t think I looked that bad at all. I’m actually relieved that I burn easy and keep my clothes on. More surprisingly, why didn’t my girlfriend saying anything! Or my family!

But most importantly…why did I let myself get this bad! These pictures are going right next to Ricky Bruch on the wall!

ps sorry for the small shorts, was kinda curious to see how much my upper legs would change.

I’ll be attempting to make a transition video for this diet and the next few months as well, should keep me occupied as well! plus a great tool to stay dedicated!

Friend sent me this today thinking about the diet haha

1:16 and 4:44 are the parts you should LOL at if your doing the diet.

[quote]KcThrows wrote:
and hereeee they are…the before pictures…now I’m 100% committed to this!

Pictures really are a reality check…looking in the mirror I didn’t think I looked that bad. Under clothes I certainly didn’t think I looked that bad at all. I’m actually relieved that I burn easy and keep my clothes on. More surprisingly, why didn’t my girlfriend saying anything! Or my family!

But most importantly…why did I let myself get this bad! These pictures are going right next to Ricky Bruch on the wall!

ps sorry for the small shorts, was kinda curious to see how much my upper legs would change.

I’ll be attempting to make a transition video for this diet and the next few months as well, should keep me occupied as well! plus a great tool to stay dedicated! [/quote]

Hey, don’t worry about it. We all start somewhere, usually in less than ideal shape. That is what gets us to the V Diet in the first place. It is amazing how we can self rationalize that we don’t look that bad and how baggy clothing can cover it up (at least in our own minds). It usually takes one of those “a-ha” moments where something happens and you come to the self-realization, “Holy crap, I am fat!” See this old article from Chris, it does a nice job explaining how he got there, and has some good insight:

I really really really appreciate that article…

literally the first few sentences grabbed me and pulled me in…

The story was surprising especially since in HS I was in decent if not above average shape. Than college rolled around…it’s my sophomore year going into my Junior year (seeing a pattern here?)

I go to Walmart…“wow these people are fat” I get home, look in the mirror. You get the idea. The next day my extended family is over, I got 4-5 comments on my weight. That’s what did it for me. I ended up staying in my room that day. Let’s just say I passed up on the cheesecake afterwards. The rest is my motivation.

Thanks for sharing that article, and thank you Chris for writing it.

First workout of the diet! Just got back.

Was very gas-y all day and had the runs which was annoying. But I was home so it wasn’t a problem. Not sure what is actually causing that to happen! Regardless, went to the gym! Got my workout in! It was a tough one. Never trained that way in my life. Kind of reminded me of an extended Tabata workout though. I was pretty decent on getting the weight right after my first set. So I ended up doing one warm up set for everything.

Just for note purposes and to make sure I did it right, it went something like this…

DL
warm up set 135lbs
Loaded it to 185lbs after that. Sets and reps were something close to this…
9…
16…
23…
30…
35…
40…

all with about 40-45 second rest. Hope I did that right. On my last rep I almost dropped it. I noticed it big time in my forearms, goes to show what a lack of manual labor will do after some time and when you stop cleaning with an axle bar!

Decline dumbbell bench

warm up set with 35lbs each arm. Way to light, so I hopped up to 45lbs. Next time I’ll prob go up a little though.

10…
16…
22…
27…
32…
37…
40…

Last rep was close to failure in terms of balance. The power is there…just the stability is not at all. Very upsetting!

Again for note purposes, my heart was pumping, and I’m already soaked!

Lat pull downs
25lbs on each side warm up…was a joke!

So I went up to 70 on each a total of 140lbs.

8…
16…
22…
27…
32…
36…
40…

Those last 4 put me close to throwing up haha, waaay out of shape in that aspect.

Last was the hand walkouts from knees

To be honest, I couldn’t really get into the groove for this…just didn’t feel like I was doing it right. I’ll videotape myself tomorrow and compare to the video on the diet page otherwise I’m going to switch to a barbell for rolling out.

I think the workout took close to 40minutes, can’t actually say for sure. I was pretty beat but recovered a little after. Only been 45min since I finished.

ps…the surge was not very tasty haha! I was really looking forward to a sweat drink (helps my gag relfex when I start pushing the limit)

I sipped that once I started working out and finished the last half afterwards. My shake was about 2hrs before the workout and my next shake was directly after when I got home. Hope that’s also correct!

On a mental note! EVERYONE! But my family is being supportive. My family has so far joked non stop aside from my two sisters (still have the parents, two brothers, and one sister!) Other than that though, friends have been texting me and others say first thing instead of hi! HOW YA DOING!? HANG IN THERE! It’s really awesome considering most of them I just met recently :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for reading anyone as always!

This was a big enough event in my diet I had to write it down!

Woke up around 3am this morning…I think it was three am actually. (That workout gave me a nice surprise when I woke up haha)

Anyway! I had the most vivid dream of eating bacon. Like a ton of bacon. Candied bacon to be exact! It was a candied bacon weave and I was eating like 5 pieces at a time /cry

Woke up worried I had actually slept walked and made some haha but no bacon in the house anyway /whew

anyway the end result was just me drooling all over my pillow haha!

[quote]KcThrows wrote:

On a mental note! EVERYONE! But my family is being supportive. My family has so far joked non stop aside from my two sisters (still have the parents, two brothers, and one sister!) Other than that though, friends have been texting me and others say first thing instead of hi! HOW YA DOING!? HANG IN THERE! It’s really awesome considering most of them I just met recently :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for reading anyone as always!
[/quote]
It’s great you have a lot of support from family and friends. The more people who know what you are trying to accomplish and are encouraging you along the way, the easier it will be.

So true, so far every day my friend has sent me a wake up text since I’m not up till 9 usually haha.

Today was “Merry Day 3, FUCK FOOD! See ya later!” A nice laugh in the morning haha

(on a side note if anyone reads this and has any idea, some quick ideas on fixing a ingrown toenail? Doctors is closes and its crazy swollen (aka, can’t get my shoes on atm) Certain medicated cream idea would be great or if I should attempt cutting it out. Did a google search but most things didn’t work.