Biotest

The NEW Velocity Diet

Basically you just have to do the best you can with the crazy schedule. I just answered a similar question here: http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/3rd_shift_needing_guidance_on_when_to_take_the_shakes_

Hey Chris I was wondering what your opinion is on performing a MAG-10 pulse fast one a week during the new V-Diet. Also, is it OK to keep using creatine throughout the V-Diet?

[quote]Xalor03 wrote:
Hey Chris I was wondering what your opinion is on performing a MAG-10 pulse fast one a week during the new V-Diet. Also, is it OK to keep using creatine throughout the V-Diet?[/quote]

1. Yes. We’ve experimented with that and had great results Once a week is perfect, on a non-training day. NEPA only.

2. If you’re already using creatine it’s fine to keep using it.

Only reason why I recommend against it for those just starting creatine during the V-Diet is that it throws off scale weight due to “water weight” (intramuscular mostly). The scale fanatics just can’t handle seeing scale weight stay the same or go up even if their body fat is going down. If someone can handle that and realizes it’s the creatine not lack of fat loss, it’s fine.

I do recommend plain creatine, monohydrate or malate, not a combo product that also contains carbs etc. Throws off the calories. And there’s no need to go over 3-5g per day.

Chris,

While we will be skipping the flax seed in this version, is it ok add a fiber supplement to this diet? Many thanks. I can’t wait to start this thing.

Matt

[quote]JustAnotherDude wrote:
Chris,

While we will be skipping the flax seed in this version, is it ok add a fiber supplement to this diet? Many thanks. I can’t wait to start this thing.

Matt[/quote]

If you feel you need one. Most people won’t and you can always make sure your daily HSM has some fiber.

Is the program still not for those who have 100 pounds to lose or is the updated version okay for everyone?

The updated program is more flexible in that regard, speakerboxx4. But typically, people with 100+ pounds to lose have many more issues to sort through, medical and even psychological. I’d rather see them take care of other, more obvious things, first. I mean, they could lose 50 pounds pretty easily with standard things like consistent exercise and cutting out the obvious junk from their diets. Then they can use the V-Diet to bring it all home and help lose the rest.

Hey Chris, I started the Velocity Diet on Saturday (5 days ago I guess) and so far, according to the bioimpedence scale i’ve been using which has a muscle poundage reading, i’ve lost muscle mass and my bf % is going up. I’ve stuck to the plan, NEPA, training protocols, etc and I’m trying to figure out what’s going on. Thanks, James

[quote]jksternlicht wrote:
Hey Chris, I started the Velocity Diet on Saturday (5 days ago I guess) and so far, according to the bioimpedence scale i’ve been using which has a muscle poundage reading, i’ve lost muscle mass and my bf % is going up. I’ve stuck to the plan, NEPA, training protocols, etc and I’m trying to figure out what’s going on. Thanks, James[/quote]

That’s why everyone in the know has thrown out their bioimpedence scales a long time ago. Terribly inaccurate. Use tape measurements, the standard scale sparingly, and the mirror or pics. And remember, bed rest would not have even caused muscle loss after 5 days.

Hi Chris – is this diet recommended even for experienced lifters/athletes who want to minimize (or completely avoid) muscle / strength loss? It seems pretty low carb. And the workouts are relatively low frequency at 3x week. Thanks

[quote]craze9 wrote:
Hi Chris – is this diet recommended even for experienced lifters/athletes who want to minimize (or completely avoid) muscle / strength loss? It seems pretty low carb. And the workouts are relatively low frequency at 3x week. Thanks

[/quote]

Well, I know at least one IFBB pro bodybuilder who used to begin his contest prep.

[quote]Dominic P wrote:
The daily menu calls for 2 scoops (1 serving) of Superfood. Based on this, 1 canister would get you through the 28 days, but 2 canisters come with the Velocity package. Am I missing something?
[/quote]
I’m currently on day 18. I also thought I could get by with 1 canister of Superfood, but only have about 2 servings left. In theory 1 should be enough, however, in practice…
2 canisters also makes it a more attractive package.
I am down over 20 lbs thus far.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]craze9 wrote:

[/quote]

Well, I know at least one IFBB pro bodybuilder who used to begin his contest prep. [/quote]

IFBB Pro is going to be on some pretty effective muscle-maintenance “supplements” that I’m not. Thanks for the response though, I may give it a shot in a month or so.

[quote]craze9 wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]craze9 wrote:

[/quote]

Well, I know at least one IFBB pro bodybuilder who used to begin his contest prep. [/quote]

IFBB Pro is going to be on some pretty effective muscle-maintenance “supplements” that I’m not. Thanks for the response though, I may give it a shot in a month or so.
[/quote]

@craze9. I was concerned about strength and muscle loss as well. I can share with you that on day 8 I crushed a deadlift PR by 20 pounds. (Went from 410x9 to 430x9). I am running 5/3/1 and have the energy and the strength to complete the program everyday with accessory work. I am convinced the Pre and Peri workout drink is helping tremendously.

Hey Chris,

I just finished the new velocity diet and am doing a self imposed two HSM a day transition week. I was curious about starting on either Micro-PA or Indigo-3G afterwards. What would you recommend for someone whose main goal is fat loss but would also like to continue adding muscle size and strength?

Mike

[quote]Xalor03 wrote:
Hey Chris,

I just finished the new velocity diet and am doing a self imposed two HSM a day transition week. I was curious about starting on either Micro-PA or Indigo-3G afterwards. What would you recommend for someone whose main goal is fat loss but would also like to continue adding muscle size and strength?

Mike[/quote]

I definitely suggest Indigo-3G for post-V-Diet or during a transition off. It’s perfect and a lot of people have success with that plan. Micro-PA can be stacked in too of course, but if the choice is one or the other, Indigo-3G is the way to go for post-V-Diet.

Thanks for the response Chris. I decided to go ahead and order two bottles of Indigo. I have done the V-diet twice before and each time I have made great progress only to eventually slide back into my old ways. This time I want to begin a new regimen that will help me add to my gains.

My question is on the dosing schedule for Indigo. I did some research and noticed some discrepancy between suggested doses. The original program called for 4 pills 3 times a day before meals or workout nutrition. However I have also seen 4-6 pills twice a day and 4-6 pills once a day. As someone coming off the V-diet with more fat to lose how do you think I should begin taking Indigo?

Info: http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_supplements_biotest/indigo3g_dosing

Chris,
Do you have a link to the old version of the v-diet with the one HSM per week? I have a friend that is interested in the diet, but not eating a HSM every day.
Please let me know if I can find a way to get hooked up with the older version.

Are the amount of consumed calories measured out by a persons weight? I remember with the old diet a persons body weight was calculated.