Biotest

The Icarian Manifesto

Today is day 1 - April 26, 2009. End of an era. An era of being ‘robust’ as members of my family call it.

I won’t bore you with details as to how I got to the point where I realized I needed to lift, but it was a lot of shit over 5 years that put me in a state of unfitness. 5’10’’ 169 lbs and 26%bf. 6 years later I am 38, same height, 220 lbs and 17%bf. I gained a lot of muscle mass (thanks in part to TMUSCLE) but the bodyfat is still way too high for me. Hence, the Velocity Diet.

I have seen the other transformations and I believe it is key for me to start to get where I want to be - sub 10%.

I want to thank Chris, the T-mag staff and everyone on here that is helpful and provides constructive criticisms.

Here are my current, day 1, stats:

Height: 70’‘
Weight: 215 lbs
Neck: 17.25’‘
Shoulders: 50.00’‘
Chest - Upper: 45.00’‘
Chest - Lower: 43.75’‘
Waist - at Navel: 40.25’’ (narrowing this fucker down will help immensely)
Waist - at largest: 40.50’‘
Hips - at largest: 40.75’‘
Upper Arm - L: 15.00’‘
Upper Arm - R: 15.50’‘
Upper Leg - L: 23.75’‘
Upper Leg - R: 23.75’‘
Lower Leg - L: 16.25’‘
Lower Leg - R: 16.50’‘
Ankle - L: 10.50’‘
Ankle - R: 10.50’’

I have never in my life measured my ankles. If I lose much in that area, I will know that I was a chubbster.

I will post pictures as soon as I can find a non-proprietary MicroSD adapater for my computer (damned Olympus cameras). Be forewarned - I need some sun. Holy crap. Springtime in Colorado is not conducive to being outside without a shirt on.

Keep us updated on your progress. Stay strong!

Mr. Robust, how do you do?
We don’t have sun in the spring either!

Welcome aboard!

Little V-Diet Haiku to help you…

Shed chains of Winter…
I am stronger than diets-
A new summer me.

[quote]BigJawnMize wrote:
Little V-diet Haiku to help you…

Shed chains of Winter…
I am stronger than diets-
A new summer me.[/quote]

Thanks dude. This would be perfect except for the fact that it snowed like a bitch this morning on my NEPA walk. Damned state. 6 weeks ago I had a sunburn and this morning I froze my ass off. The should make the state slogan - "COLORADO: The FUCK YOU state."
Thanks for the Haiku though. Every little bit helps.

First week is a bitch…own it!

Here are my pix from Day 1.

Day 1 for me as well. Keep going strong. We had 3 inches of snow last night, that was after it rained all day. We got the Fuck you slogan already…Canada…they don’t call it the great white north for nothing.

how’d your day 1 go?

Day 2 is almost done. Today was my first training day. It was a good session. Very intense, which is awesome.
For some reason I picked the Intermmediate Training, but I will stick with it unless I feel I need more. It’s how you perform on each exercise that dictates your results from my experience.

Here are today’s numbers:

Front Squat: 255lbs 5:5:5:5

Close Grip Pulldowns: 210lbs 5:5:5:5 (need to get a chin-up bar, all I have is pull-up tht doesn’t go all the way across.)

DB Bench Press: 85lbs each hand 5:5:5:5

Ab Roll Outs: 5:5:5:5

I have never done ab roll outs before. Holy shit. I felt like a Cathar during the Inquisition. My sternum (and right below it) were stretched like never before. Good stuff.

I have had 4 of the daily shakes and am sipping my PWO Surge (Original/Raspberry 1:1) right now.

While I do get lightheaded every now and then, and I get the hot flashes typical of dieting, I am enjoying this so far. It’s not as hard as one would think and most of us just build up our fear of it before we ever even try it. If you eat clean and train regularly, this is a kick in the ass to get your fat burning going. I can see, however, if your eating habits aren’t all that spectacular that this could be a pain in the ass to begin with.

So far, everyone in my family (wife and kids) and at my work are supportive of me. They have all seen my change from 6 years ago, and they know that I learn and research everything I do. They trust that I know what I am doing. So, I have yet to find a toxic person. I know that I will find one, and when I do…well, it aint gonna be pretty. :slight_smile:

yeah ab roll outs were rough…my abs were sore most of the day…im glad it wasnt that rough on you either…if this is the toughest the vdiet is we should dominate this thing…

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
Mr. Robust, how do you do?
We don’t have sun in the spring either!
[/quote]

I do well, thanks for asking.
We normally do have sun, it’s just colder than a witch’s tit in the spring. This year is no different I guess.

Day 3 Start:

Woke up this morning and my knees were fucking killing me. I didn’t wrap them when I did my front squats last night. I thought the weight was light enough that I shouldn’t have needed to. Oh well, the NEPA worked out most of the pain and now they are just sore.

Hope everyone has a good day, can down their shakes without gagging and everyone loses a whole fricken pound of fat.

Good for you for starting on this and doing something to change yourself for the better.

You got four sets of five on your lifts day one, man…are your weights heavy enough?

Other than that, stick to the NEPA, it rules for recovery. And you should have no worries completing it with so many supportive people about. I’ve got a very supportive gf and a very toxic coworker. Everyone else falls in the middle, but somewhere towards the supportive side. You’ll kick ass with such a good network.

Thanks Woppa.

I did think about the weights, but one thing that I didn’t put out there was that it did kick my ass. I went for speed and made sure that I was perfect on form. I was sweating buckets at the end and the ab roll outs were fuggin tough there towards the end. I think the weights are good as they taxed the shit outta me, but aren’t too heavy so I can’t finish the set properly and my CNS gets fatigued too fast.

I have concentrated on strenght in the past and I have to eat shitloads to obtain that strength. With the diet and everything, I came to the conclusion that I need to keep the weights sane but really grind out the sets. I do, however, need to get a chin up bar. I did the lat pulldowns with the stack and the extra weights I had. I need more weight for those.

My training only lasted for 15 minutes. Thanks for the concern.

Day 3 down.

I found that adding some Cherry DaVinci syrup to a strawberry shake makes it mo’ bettah. And, there is a Davinci Kahlua that tastes pretty good mixed with the plain vanilla. It isn’t so good with the flax and vanilla. Blech.

NEPA was good this morning, but my dog was pissed that I have taken her our for an hour 2 days in a row in shit weather. Supposedly it’s not supposed to be wet tomorrow.

Any food cravings I had today were wiped off the face of the planet when I took my 17 year old son to the Orynthologist. He had a cholesteotoma removed from his right ear 6 years ago. A year later we moved and he saw a new ear doctor. Apparently that doc didn’t do shit for him because today the new doctor removed something that resembled a banana slug from his ear.

The smell reminded me of the dead (for about 4 days) people we found in a Honduran village in 1991 when I was in the Army. Holy fuck it was nasty. 6 years of skin, pus, blood and who the fuck knows what else built up inside of his ear. It was unappetizing to say the least. So, in an indirect way my son helped me stay on the diet. I can post pictures if anyone is interested (ya sickos).

damn sounds nasty…hope your son is alright now…

[quote]Icarus wrote:

Any food cravings I had today were wiped off the face of the planet when I took my 17 year old son to the Orynthologist. He had a cholesteotoma removed from his right ear 6 years ago. A year later we moved and he saw a new ear doctor. Apparently that doc didn’t do shit for him because today the new doctor removed something that resembled a banana slug from his ear.

The smell reminded me of the dead (for about 4 days) people we found in a Honduran village in 1991 when I was in the Army. Holy fuck it was nasty. 6 years of skin, pus, blood and who the fuck knows what else built up inside of his ear. It was unappetizing to say the least. So, in an indirect way my son helped me stay on the diet. I can post pictures if anyone is interested (ya sickos).

[/quote]

I think this should be posted on the front page of the v-diet thread list for everyone to read any time they want food. It should also be recommended that people print this out - several copies - and post it all over their house. The risk might be that people grow accustomed to it eventually but then maybe they will stop complaining about how bad these shakes taste.

Da Vinci syrup is the bomb! PB, PB, PB EVERYTHING!

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
Icarus wrote:

wow, I’m kind of speechless. Definitely a great tool for appetite loss.

He’s good twondog22.

Yeah, it was pretty horrible. I still get the heebie jeebies when I think of all that just sitting in there.

On to better stuff…

Apparently last night my TrueProtein shake flavors were delivered and I didn’t know it. Went out this morning for my NEPA walk and there on the front porch was my package (from TrueProtein, not “my” package - ya pervs).

I got the following flavors:
Double Dutch Chocolate, French Vanilla, Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple, Pina Colada, Wild Berry, Mango, Tropical Blend, Mint Chocolate and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

Each pack can flavor about 10 lbs of GROW!, so these should last for awhile.

Last night I made a cheesecake flavored pudding for my last ‘shake’ I took 1/2tsp sugar-free/fat-free jello pudding mix (cheesecake flavor for those that can’t follow the theme here), 210 calories (a little less than 2tbsp) Almond butter, 3 scoops vanilla grow and about 1/4 cup of water. Blend until creamy. Indulge. It was really good. I imagine a blueberry or cherry syrup in there would give it that extra flavor if you so choose. I had the Lycine in a glass of water. Uber butt.

Have a good day all and stay strong.