Biotest

The First Week is Water Weight

OK so maybe this person didn’t write it EXACTLY like that, but thats the way I read it. Can someobdy explain to a stupid Newb like myself what water weight im losing, if im drinking a ton of water?

Thanks,
MR

First, when taking in less carbs (which is probably the case) you body flushes extra water that it was holding out.

Second, you also lose the weight of “poop” for lack of a better term that your body would normally hold.

The lower carb approach of the V-Diet flushes water and stomach contents out along with fat that you lose the first week, making for a bigger number.

[quote]MitchorRuby wrote:
OK so maybe this person didn’t write it EXACTLY like that, but thats the way I read it. Can someobdy explain to a stupid Newb like myself what water weight im losing, if im drinking a ton of water?

Thanks,
MR[/quote]

This may not be the most complete answer, but essentially every gram of carb that we carry in our muscles holds about 2.7 grams or so of water. So when a person goes on a diet, they usually lower carbs. Therefore they are also decreasing the amount of water their body is retaining. That is why initial weight loss is at least partially attributed to water weight.

Thanks for the quick explanation guys!

MR

so how much water weight does one loose at the start?

[quote]bwbski wrote:
so how much water weight does one loose at the start?[/quote]

A pound or two, roughly.

Much also depends on your starting weight and previous dietary habits.

And losing excess water weight isn’t a bad thing. I believe most people walk around bloated (poor carb choices and other dietary factors).

Also, it’s motivating. Sure, you drop 5 pounds the first week and a pound or two is “water”, but your pants feel looser, your abs show up more (if you’re lean enough), your face and neck look better, and the scale number drops. A quick-start is motivating for many.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.