Biotest

The Beginning of... The Beginning

I just clicked “checkout” and purchased everything I need to start this diet. I cannot wait for it to get here because I feel like the motivation I have right now might help me make it through the first few days of what I can only imagine will be misery. I am not concerned about sticking to the shakes and staying away from food - I am concerned about not understanding or being able to follow what I am supposed to do to exercise.

At home I have an ab machine, a row machine, an elliptical, and a bike. We also have the TRX and weights. I have never used the TRX and I enjoy 5 min intervals on the other machines but I am pretty sure that cardio is not good for this diet based on my limited research so far. I am hoping that I come across some sort of detailed manual “exercising for dummies on the velocity diet” but for now I will just be optimistic that as long as I am doing the shakes and supplements as well as sweating my butt off in the gym that I will be able to lose my bell and tone my arms and legs.

I know the scale isn’t supposed to matter but being a 5’1 female at almost 170 pounds… it definitely does. I looked incredible at 140 and would kill to get back there so lets hope this next month gets me closer to my goal. I am going to try to write an entry everyday (possibly even multiple times a day) as it reminds me of what I am doing. If this isn’t the place for it then I have no problem posting these on my blog instead. I just feel like if I post them here then there is more accountability and I also might find someone else at the same spot in their journey.

Until tomorrow.

Click a few more links in the V-Diet program and you will find that there are detailed instructions on how to do the exercises and if I remember correctly there are videos as well. You should be just fine with the equipment you currently have.

Thanks so much! I really haven’t had a chance to check out the website in detail. I did enough research to know that this is what I want to do and order the products but I need to make a structured schedule and learn the exercises. I am used to 30 minutes of cardio right now so going to weight exercises is going to be a lot different.

I only have weights that are 2, 3 and 5 pounds. I feel like 10 pounds on each arm is going to be too much for me (I have NO upper body strength) but I am not sure. Opinion?

Okay so it is officially day one and I am starting a little late (first shake at 12:30) but I am excited and ready to go. Based on reading a lot of peoples posts I feel like the first couple of weeks wont yield the results I will be happy with - which is fine - but I think that at the end of 28 days I will be on the way to my goal. I listed my numbers below (taken today - day one) and by the end of the diet I hope to have lost at least 13.5 pounds (though I know it’s not all about weight). I have 50 days to achieve my overall goal of 23.4 pounds. Wish me luck!!

Measurements (taken on day 1 - today)
Height 62
Weight 163.4
Neck 13.25
Shoulders 17
Chest upper 38
Chest lower 39.5
Waist navel 36
Waist largest 40.5
Hips 45.25
Upper Arm L 13
Upper Arm R 13
Upper Leg L 25
Upper Leg R 25.5
Lower Leg L 17.5
Lower Leg R 17.5
Calf L 17
Calf R 17
Ankle L 9.25
Ankle R 9.25

<3 Mia

Half way through day one and I am excited, not only because Chris responded to ALL of my questions within HOURS of me asking them (not something that you get with any other program) but because I am not hungry or tired. Nervous about this first workout because I have never done any of these lifting things before and I am worried my weights are not heavy enough but I am still going to attempt it!

Good luck, hope it went well.

Thanks! Yesterday was okay until the workout shake. I got raspberry and had some sort of reaction to it - made me so sick. I could only drink half before I needed to throw up. I switched over to chocolate (my husband had some left over) but I dont know what I am going to do with these two tubs of raspberry - I certainly cannot drink them.

Because of my late start on day one and my workout drink incident I was only able to get through 4 of my 6 shakes yesterday. I am finding it very hard to drink all of this liquid.

Woke up early this morning thinking I was hungry but I wasn’t. My stomach just hurts. Made my first shake and I can hardly drink it. Chris said to try drinking them in an hour but I am beginning to think that I might not be able to do this diet successfully because I cannot find a way to drink 5 shakes a day (and 6 on workout days). Think I am going to post a question for Chris asking if I can decrease the water in the shakes to 8oz but I hesitate to change the diet in any way.

The good news is that I am not hungry but I am running on almost nothing and I don’t want to defeat the purpose of the diet and just be not eating. I am hoping that I can find a way to get these shakes down. Maybe I will get really hungry soon.

Only walked 2.6 miles yesterday so I am going to walk the full four today. I wonder if it would be bad to split the walks into two walks of 2 miles each. I hate to bother Chris with a stupid question like that so I will just make an executive decision.

The chocolate shakes, I will say, are incredibly delicious and if I had an appetite then I could drink them easily. The strawberry are good and I have yet to try the banana. I love the chocolate. I can’t wait to try it with peanut butter. I didn’t make it to that shake yesterday so I didn’t get to try it. I am excited.

That’s all for now. I am sure I will update again later today. Hopefully these logs keep me honest and motivated.

Mia

Ugh… just came across my next GROSS road bump. I almost never eat fish (maybe 10 times in my entire life) and I keep burping and it tastes like fish! Ugh, how disgusting. I realize those Flameout pills are fish oil but I never put two and two together. I really hope people don’t get too close to me for the next 28 days. No one will be my friend if they think I am going to burp fish in their face :frowning:

It’s 5:25 and I am finally hungry. I skipped the second HOT-ROX today because I want to be able to sleep tonight. I am happy that I am finally hungry because I feel like that means I am probably doing something right. Instead of thinking “oh man I have so much left to drink” I am thinking “better make these last two shakes last.”

Chris responded and said that I can decrease the amount of water in the shakes if I am feeling too full. I might do that for my morning shake tomorrow since it’s the morning when I find it hard to eat. For tonight I am looking forward to two full shakes.

About to go do my walk! :slight_smile: Day two almost done.

I think I am dying. I did my walk - only 3.15 miles and not as fast as it should have been but I had 26 pounds on me (my son came) almost the entire time so I couldn’t go any faster.

For some reason around 8pm each night I am getting very nauseous - like, sick to my stomach and want to throw everything thing up and curl in a ball nauseous. I power through my fourth shake even with this feeling but I know if I walk over to the toilet I could throw it all up. I am sure I would feel better but throwing up would defeat the purpose right? So.Sick. Wish I could go to bed now but I still have one more shake and I know we aren’t supposed to skip them. Ugh. There is a reason I am overweight… I can’t handle this.

Anyone know if we can eat the peanut butter by itself when we get hungry instead of mixing it in the shake?

[quote]BellaMia52 wrote:
Ugh… just came across my next GROSS road bump. I almost never eat fish (maybe 10 times in my entire life) and I keep burping and it tastes like fish! Ugh, how disgusting. I realize those Flameout pills are fish oil but I never put two and two together. I really hope people don’t get too close to me for the next 28 days. No one will be my friend if they think I am going to burp fish in their face :([/quote]

Freezing fish oil capsules may mitigate the upper GI side effects. You can also try another brand.

Certain fish give me incredible heart burn, others are mild and have no effect. Occasionally forgetting this I have suffered with burping during leg workouts. Squats and dead lifts tend to speed up my digestion and any GI side effects.

[quote]BellaMia52 wrote:

I only have weights that are 2, 3 and 5 pounds. I feel like 10 pounds on each arm is going to be too much for me (I have NO upper body strength) but I am not sure. Opinion?[/quote]
Just start with what you have and do high reps. The most important thing is to start. You can always buy heavier dumbbells as the sets get easier. Are you following a specific lifting program?

Good luck to you.

Good luck! Regarding the nut butter out of the shake rather than in the shake - you can certainly do this, BUT it would be a good idea to measure out 2 tbsp first, put it away, and eat that. :slight_smile:

Keep posting and pushing through, it will be tough at times but it’s nothing you can’t handle. The results will be well worth it!

Today is day 5 and yesterDAY was BY FAR the easiest but last NIGHT was by far the worst. It was probably because as of 1130pm I only had 2 shakes and I had done my walk and an extra pole fitness class but I dont know. Seriously considered giving up last night but at least this time it wasn’t because I NEEDED food it was just because I was in so much pain with my stomach. I wonder if I can take pepto?

This morning is wonderful - the mornings are always easy for me so I am trying to get an early start and have my breakfast shake. Unfortunately, because I have narcolepsy,I sleep a lot and I miss shakes. It is 11am and I am having my “breakfast” shake but the fact is I am just not hungry so focusing it down just makes me feel sick.

I am looking forward to my steak on Saturday and I was trying to find a way to work in ranch dressing or sour cream (my weaknesses) but not I am just looking forward to the juicy flavorful steak. I hope more cravings like this happen because it’s nice to crave that instead of cheese fries. Though I will admit - the thought of cheese fries is the only thing getting me through this right now lol. Anyone know if I can have mushrooms on my steak if I cook them with a little olive oil or some pam? What about onions? I would love to put some sauteed onions and mushrooms on my steak.

Until tomorrow!

One quick suggestion I have is try mixing your peanut butter in a bowl with a few scoops of chocolate Metabolic Drive and water (start with a little as add to get the consistency you like). You end up with a chocolate & peanut butter pudding. The thought of getting to eat that gets me through some days. It is really awesome and I’ve made something similar to that every day on the diet the first 2 times I did it. Also the reason 60% of the protein I ordered this time was chocolate.

[quote]BellaMia52 wrote:
I am looking forward to my steak on Saturday and I was trying to find a way to work in ranch dressing or sour cream (my weaknesses) [/quote]

Have you ever substituted plain fat free yogurt for the sour cream? I know it sounds weird but I actually progressed to the point that because knowing it had an abundance of protein and calcium, the yogurts texture and coolness was enough to fool my mind into enjoying the exchange.

Sea Salt chips and plain fat free yogurt. I can eat an ample amount of those carbs for my cheat meal.

Also did freezing the fish oil capsules allow a better digestive outcome?

[quote]BellaMia52 wrote:
Anyone know if I can have mushrooms on my steak if I cook them with a little olive oil or some pam? What about onions? I would love to put some sauteed onions and mushrooms on my steak.[/quote]

Why would you not eat the mushrooms? Raw is best, cooking them in a olive oil or preferably coconut oil (very heat stable, more so than olive oil) is a GREAT addition to your meal. Red palm oil is also good, but use with mexican or spicy foods because they cover the oil’s after taste.

Mushrooms have been found to fight fat by preventing adipose tissue ateries that grow inside belly fat etc… saw this on a PBS special

Mushrooms also fight atherosclerotic plaque buildup in the lining of our major arteries.

[quote]BellaMia52 wrote:

Unfortunately, because I have narcolepsy,I sleep a lot and I miss shakes. [/quote]

When were you diagnosed with narcolepsy excessive daytime sleepiness? Do you have sleep paralysis / sudden body weakness? Or is the worst where you drop limp and fall asleep for a short time? Had a friend that experienced serious sleep issues the majority of his life, it what he described was torturous.

Yesterday was a bad day shakes wise because I only drank one… well, part of one. I was on the go all day and spent two hours cooking my HSM that I just wasn’t hungry. I did however eat a RIDICULOUS amount of food for my HSM. I know Chris said portions didn’t matter but I don’t think that he would be happy to know that I ate 16oz of filet mignon yesterday on top of veggies, salad, etc. I will say that I was craving the steak and still am. I almost never crave red meat but my body would choose another filet over those cheese fries right now lol.

I can’t stop weighing myself daily and that sucks because it can be really discouraging. I know that for the first two weeks a lot of people didn’t see results but I guess I was just hoping to be super model skinny by now hahaha.

I got my tongue pierced yesterday - I figured if I couldn’t eat solid food anyway I might as well not.

I will say that, if nothing else, this diet is showing me how often I eat when I am not hungry. I am going almost all day eating nothing and I am completely fine. However, because I am home all day or out to lunches with clients or potential recruits for my team, I eat and eat. Because I have a 20 month old so I also always pick on the junk that he is eating. I needed this wake up call.

I am going to work hard to get in more shakes. My goal is 4 a day plus my workout shake on workout days. I have my first challenge day today and I am dreading it because the people at the tattoo place took so long yesterday that it was the first time I missed my walk. Its 12:30 and I am still not hungry but I am going to force down 2 scoops of powder with a few ounces of water. I am able to get them down when there is less to drink.

I haven’t tried freezing the fish oil - I didn’t take any yesterday and it was the first day I wasn’t sick to my stomach so I might lay off them for a bit.

Someone told me that sauteeing my mushrooms and onions was cheating so that is why I asked.

I was diagnosed with narcolepsy in 2009 when I started law school because I couldn’t stay away while reading. I mainly fall asleep while driving and I had sleep paralysis for years but haven’t had it in a long time. It was terrifying.

I sleep at least 12 hours a day now and it seems to work out well for me, though I stay tired all day.

Today is day 7 so only 21 more days to go. The scale says I have lost 3 pounds since starting and that I gained a half an inch almost everywhere. Maybe we aren’t measuring correctly. Oh well. I just want to get around 150 so I can stop hating how I look.

Off to do my walk and challenge.

<3 Mia

Well today is weigh in day and I weigh 160.8, a depressing 2.6 pounds lost. I am baffled by this but trying hard not to get discouraged since I haven’t been drinking all the shakes.

Yesterday I made it through half a shake in the morning and half of my workout shake. This week needs to be different so that I have the motivation to continue. I am GOING to drink all of my shakes and my workout shake no matter what it takes.

At the end of week two if I am in the same boat (losing the same amount that I would be on WW or another - less miserable - program then I will stop. Fingers crossed there is some improvement next week since my measurements and weight this week were disappointing.

[quote]BellaMia52 wrote:

I can’t stop weighing myself daily and that sucks because it can be really discouraging.[/quote]

Stop it. Stop it now.

[quote]BellaMia52 wrote:
I got my tongue pierced yesterday [/quote]

Take that out when you’re in front of a judge. Don’t leave it lying around. You’ll be surprised how a twenty month old looks with a tongue stud.

[quote]BellaMia52 wrote:
I was diagnosed with narcolepsy in 2009 when I started law school because I couldn’t stay away while reading. I mainly fall asleep while driving and I had sleep paralysis for years but haven’t had it in a long time. It was terrifying.

I sleep at least 12 hours a day now and it seems to work out well for me, though I stay tired all day. [/quote]

Well what do you do to combat that? C-pap machine, melatonin, alprazolam, hydroxyxine?

Do whatever it takes to fight through that funk that keeps you lethargic. Movement is your friend. Sitting is the new smoking they say. Your sleep or lack of sleep will in all likelihood slow weigh loss progress. Don’t beat yourself up over what scale says and understand you are beginning a lifestyle measured in years and decades not weeks and months.

How you look is not who you are and don’t let a mirror influence the behavior and emotions in your relationships. Go to a veterans hospital or children’s hospital and tell me you are not blessed to be at this stage of progress. There are others with no arms and legs that hate the way they look.

Gravitate towards positive friends and family in you circle, get rid of those that inject negativity or manipulate relationships. You’ll find others.

I hope the lack of updates is simply just grinding through and not a reflection of anything else.
Keep fighting.