Biotest

The Bald Fattie's V-Diet Log

Ok so finally got round to buying all the supps (which wasnt easy over here in europe) and started the V-Diet yesterday.

I did it once before back in 05 and had amazing results. Hopefully this time things will be similar. Although my diet was pretty clean and low carb before i started so id imagine that will have an effect.

Shakes are going down fine. Breakfast is a bit tougher due to the large volume and flax seeds…but no problems so far.

NEPA is also going well. Did an hour or so yesterday and the same again this morning before breakfast. its day two now so no gym…it feels weird not to go. Ill go out for some more NEPA later today.

One question i have…ive never been a peanut butter kinda guy and when i have had the odd taste, its never been natural so there was no oil…am i supposed to stir it all together or just scoop out the butter from beneath the oil puddle? Kinda a weird question but i spilt that oil all over the counter yesterday as the butter was mad tough.

Don’t forget you have to put it in the fridge after you open it. I stir it every time… A lot. Make sure you really get the bottom stuff too. I think it tastes much better after you really stir it up.

Good luck!

[quote]Taylor78 wrote:
Don’t forget you have to put it in the fridge after you open it. I stir it every time… A lot. Make sure you really get the bottom stuff too. I think it tastes much better after you really stir it up.

Good luck![/quote]

Yep ive got it in the fridge along with my flax and Flameout and thats why its nigh on impossible to stir :o its almost rock solid.

Thanks ^^ You started the day before me i think. Hows it going?

Gotta try and get into the NEPA habit…almost forgot to park on the other side of the complex when i went to the store today.

I guess i should get round to putting some details in here.

male
30 years old :frowning:
Height - 5’10
Weight - 226
Neck - 16.5
Shoulders - 51.3
Chest (Upper) - 44.4
Chest (Lower) - 45.8
Waist (Navel) - 42.7
Waist (Largest) - 43.9
Hips (Largest) - 43.3
Upper Arm - L - 15.5
Upper Arm - R - 15.5
Upper Leg - L - 25.5
Upper Leg - R - 25.5
Lower Leg - L - 17.9
Lower Leg - R - 18.7
Ankle - L - 10.8
Ankle - R - 11

Second NEPA tonight was 2.78mi.
About to have the bedtime shake and then its sleepy head time.

Just got back from the gym having done wednesdays workout.

First of all, why is it always the case that the weights area is deserted until you hit the 40th rep of an exercise that is killing you and then the entire population turns up to watch you unable to get more than 2 or 3 reps of a light weight. The shame.

Secondly. While i think NEPA is a great idea in theory, when you walk out of the gym after a hard workout and your car is bloody miles away, it does tend to make one want to strangle chris…just a little bit. :o

went out for NEPA tonight…3.25m in 50 mins…not quite at the 4mph speed yet.

peanut shake was LOVELY tonight…and just set me up right for bed.

into bed and slap on entourage then another day dawns.

Day 4

Had a rough time of it today…
Couldnt get to sleep last night, not sure why. Had my last HOT-ROX at 3ish so i dont see how it could be those. Couldnt sleep all night so got up at 6:30 had breakfast and went out for NEPA…

6.65mi at 3.9mph…i think maybe i overdid it…and the sun was out, albeit weak…

got home and i felt AWFUL…went back to bed and passed out for an hour…stomach feeling the worst. Not sure what that was all about.

took the HOT-ROX a little earlier today to see if i can sleep better tonight. and just polishing off another shake now.

hope i feel better.

cant manage the bedtime shake today…still feeling rough as shit…

gut really aint right

there is something very wrong with the mind that created the vburn.
i think i died on the inside.

How many scoops is there in your bedtime shake? Try to break it in smaller shakes. You could have many one scoop shakes throughout the day and that would be ok. Maybe your stomach would handle that better.

Don’t give up just yet without trying alternatives!

How many scoops is there in your bedtime shake? Try to break it in smaller shakes. You could have many one scoop shakes throughout the day and that would be ok. Maybe your stomach would handle that better.

Don’t give up just yet without trying alternatives!

Keep it up… never give up! Sounds like you are having a few of the issues I am with the bedtime shake. I just cant choke it down. Still too full from everything else. I think that 6.65 miles might have ben a bit much for NEPA (Non Exercise Physical Activity). That walk sounded a lot like exercise! LOL Good luck!

Have a great day

N

Sorry about the multiple posts. The website was wonky!

Thanks guys. No danger of me giving up though…even if i bitch a lot haha…

I have 2 scoops in my bedtime shake…its usually not so bad but that day my stomach was awful. no idea what was wrong. its ok now though.

yeah 6.65 was too much…but i didnt realise how far id gone and by the time i was half way i realised id have to walk the same distance back :o

just got done with the first HSM…it was lovely but i think i ate too much.

Vburn results today…

5:55
4:53
5:31
5:46
5:26
total 28m51s

the hand walkouts killed me…
the reverse lunges were really hard. hard as in awkward to do. had trouble balancing and not sure i got all i could out of them. but im sure it will improve next time.

you can probably add another 5 mins onto that for resting between sets which i couldnt time.

HSM wasnt bad but i would have preferred to stick to shakes…feel too bloated now.

worked out to about 430 calories which i guess isnt too bad.

Day 8 weigh in wasnt what i was hoping for but its all good. I know ive gained lean mass and i can see fat loss in my face and elsewhere.

I wasnt expecting as dramatic a first week as some because id been on a low carb and clean diet for a while before i started the vdiet.

at this stage im more concerned with bf% than scale weight anyway…

Originally posted the numbers in imperial but i work in metric so ill do that from now on.

Height - 5’10 - 5’10
Weight - 226 - 223 (-3lbs)
Neck - 42 - 41 (-1cm)
Shoulders - 130.5 - 129 (-1.5cm)
Chest (Upper) - 113 - 118 (+5cm)
Chest (Lower) - 116.5 - 114 (-2.5cm)
Waist (Navel) - 108.5 - 107 (-1.5cm)
Waist (Largest) - 111.5 - 110 (-1.5cm)
Hips (Largest) - 110 - 107 (-3cm)
Upper Arm - L - 39.5 - 39 (-0.5cm)
Upper Arm - R - 39.5 - 39 (-0.5cm)
Upper Leg - L - 65 - 66 (+1cm)
Upper Leg - R - 65 - 67 (+1cm)
Lower Leg - L - 45.5 - 46 (+0.5cm)
Lower Leg - R - 47.5 - 47.5
Ankle - L - 27.5 - 26.5 (-1cm)
Ankle - R - 28 - 27 (-1cm)

3lbs lost
14.5cm(5.5") lost
7.5cm gained in good places i think.
but i did have to measure myself this week so im not sure how accurate that was.

the upper chest gain surprised me.

day 11 now
just plodding along.