Biotest

That Orange French Dressing


#1

I’ve been working on perfecting this for a while now, but it’s pretty close so I figured I would get some help tweaking it from you guys and gals.

When I originally tried this I used 1 cup of oil and 1/2 cup water…It was too thick so I flipped it and now it’s a little more like a salad dressing and a little less heavy on kcal’s.

Honestly, where it stands now I think you might be able to up either the water or vinegar more to lessen the calorie/serving amount without messing up the texture. Could try lowering the oil even more, but it does contribute to taste/texture and with any less I think it might be too watery, but I haven’t tried. I uploaded the recipe to dailyburn.com under the same name as this post’s topic for anyone interested.

steps: Throw all ingredients in Blender and mix till combined.

Spice measurments are simply suggestions, to taste is best.

RECIPE:

1 - 12oz can tomato paste

.5 cup - Light olive oil

.75 cup - apple cider vinegar

1 cup - water

dash - dried onion

2 tsp - salt

1 tsp - pepper

1 tsp - cayenne

1/2 tbsp - paprika (mostly for color)

1/2 tbsp - dried basil

1/2 tbsp - garlic powder

1 tsp - ground mustard

Makes about 3 cups of dressing.

Notes: I took these measurements of the spices for one batch just so I had an idea, when I normally make this I do all spices to taste (I pretty much know how I like it). For instance, I go heavier on garlic and usually throw in some oregano.